Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone surprised?

What's the phrase, "Arsene knows"? Why do people continue to doubt him?

Had no idea Tottenham are the benchmark for them this season.

9 years without a trophy, thats why.

Good result for Arsenal but the point still stands they lack depth and quality, 1 or two injuries or suspensions will be telling. They need to spend tommorow.

They won today without Vermaelen, Arteta, Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski, with Wilshere going off in the first half.

Not that I disagree with the general point. They need a striker, a winger, a centre back and a couple of midfielders to have a complete squad. Wouldn't have thought there'll be more than two of that lot signed tomorrow though.

I think their squad is pretty good, though it does lack depth, but they need something to create a wee bit of buzz and try to generate some positive momentum in general. They already have a strong centre-back pairing with Vermaelen in reserve, a couple of decent full-backs on each side. Then they have Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Podolski who can take up various roles in the middle. Up front, Giroud had a decent first season and looks like pushing on this year, but they have little cover for him - you're looking at Walcott or Podolski playing through there.

However, what they really need to do is make a statement in the transfer market by bringing in a big name player. Someone like Ozil or Di Maria would fit that bill and would have folk taking them seriously again.

Good result for Arsenal but the point still stands they lack depth and quality, 1 or two injuries or suspensions will be telling. They need to spend tommorow.

I agree with your point and I hope that they do. What was amusing about today was that Spurs were thoroughly pumped. I listened to 606 on 5-Live and there were a few Spurs fans saying the likes of, "We were the better team and Arsenal put 11 men behind the ball"

Did they f**k. Spurs were insipid.

Well see in december or so. Squad is very thin. First xi isnt arsenal s problem.

The only place I think they're actually thin is at centre-back. Vermaelen is decent cover for the ever improving partnership of Koscielny and Mertesacker, but after that they really don't have a great deal, although I suppose Sagna can act as cover there too. They'll give Sanogo a bit of game time to develop up front this year and if they get Ba on loan that'll be plenty of cover for Giroud, who's really looked like becoming a first-rate striker since around March time I think.

Ozil seems to have been agreed and just needs to complete a medical. Hell of a signing.

An attacking midfield three of Walcott, Cazorla and Ozil playing off Giroud/Ba is as good as any forward line in the league. The likes of Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski and Wilshere if he's not playing deeper in reserve too. That's what Arsenal should be like.

• 4 weeks later...

On their day only 3 teams on the continent can stop them from achieving the quadruple.

Wenger's red machine go steamrolling to the top of the division.

tbh, I don't think Arsenal will win the CL, but It's hard to make the case for anyone else winning the League.

Guess who got them at 14/1 ?

Better than Ferguson IMO.

This. is. liquid. football.

dont be stupid, 8 years without a trophy would be the worst spell of fergies career, wenger is good but when he builds a dynasty that wins more than half the league titles over 20 years you can say that not before, I dont think wenger has ever even retained the title once has he?

Archived