Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

47 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

There's a facebook group for the area where I live. The guy in charge of it is an absolute belter who takes pictures of people in the street playing and tries to shame the parents of said kids because they were noisy. Now i call an area of houses a scheme, regardless of what kind of houses, he corrects people and tells them its an executive development. People post number plates of cars that they perceive to be driving too fast and sometimes the owners reply. Someone complained about fireworks being set off at 9pm on a saturday night saying that it woke up their kid, cue an almighty debate where they were quite rightly slaughtered. Its also full of people who ask stupid questions that google can answer like 'whats the local taxi number' and 'when does the chemist close'. Im not in the group, but my wife and neighbours are and the stuff they tell me is absolutely astounding.

I have one that sounds the exact same for the area I live in, all the houses have been built in the last couple of years and it's mostly families who live here so lots of 'full time mummies' with too much time on their hands that post in the FB group.

It's both hilarious and really irritating at the same time, I ended up removing myself because it was getting too irritating but my Girlfriend keeps me updated with the best posts.

Best one this week was someone saying that their husband had bought them jewellery for christmas that they didn't want so had returned it for store credit and didn't want any more jewellery so were willing to sell the £1400 store credit voucher for £1200. Either a blatant humblebrag or some sort of scam.

I think I'd have more chance of my marriage surviving if Mrs Ranter caught me baw deep in another woman, than if she caught me saying what I want to say in some of the threads in my local area page.

It's dangerously tempting to get tore into some of these fuckwits though, especially the Chelsea tractor driving trophy wives.

Now i call an area of houses a scheme, regardless of what kind of houses, he corrects people and tells them its an executive development.

Snap.

I made the mistake of saying "this scheme seems very nice" to my next door neighbour when we moved in and he gave me a look of disgust that our neighbourly relationship never recovered from.

Decided to type my street name into Facebook to see if there was a group set up for it. There wasn't, although somebody had helpfully fired up a "Lost and Found" post, enquiring whether anyone had dropped their dildo on the street. 

12592777_1058398374222462_77101449392018

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Decided to type my street name into Facebook to see if there was a group set up for it. There wasn't, although somebody had helpfully fired up a "Lost and Found" post, enquiring whether anyone had dropped their dildo on the street. 
12592777_1058398374222462_7710144939201859175_n.jpg?oh=82afe4e437a43e7968bad39c9d9c883a&oe=591643F5

Was Mrs CR delighted to get that back?

One of my mates down south is a Chester fan and brought this to my attention.  Apparently a Morrisons down there used to be frequented by a cat that hung around the entrance, sat on trolleys etc.  It died.  Now the owner is trying to get the public to stump up 5 grand to 'immortalise' their pet in statue form outside their local supermarket:

I'm trying to raise money for a statue of Brutus at Morrisons in his memory but for some reason I don't think Facebook actually sends posts with links in to all his followers' news feeds, therefore his Just Giving page isn't really getting out there as much as it could. Here is the link below but I've put a space in it. Just copy it if you can into your browser and remove the space before 'com'. Thanks so much 

www.justgiving. com/crowdfunding/Brutus

Or PayPal email address:...

See more
Image may contain: cloud, cat, sky and text

Ridiculous enough, but the cause was supposedly taken up by certain Chester fans who suggested trying to organise a collection before their next home game in honour of a dead cat:

http://devachat.freeforums.net/thread/58/bucket-collection-applause-update

Thank you to all who contributed to the discussion on the other thread devachat.freeforums.net/thread/37/rip-sir-ken-morrison 

As mentioned we have sourced buckets and now someone has said they can sort out laminated pictures of Brutus and Ken for them. All donations will go to the crowdfunder that has raised over £2300 so far.

A few have said they will be doing the applause on the 85 minute so thank you - and I hope many of you join in.

Does anyone have contacts in the local papers who can help raise the profile of this? 

In case you're wondering the Ken whose memory they also apparently want to honour is Sir Ken Morrison the former chairman of Morrisons who also died recently.  He was from Yorkshire and had nothing at all to do with Chester FC.  His death seemingly just compounded the tragedy of poor Brutus's passing to the extent some Chester fans feel they need to hold a minute's applause for him.

Evidently most Chester fans are ripping the proverbial out of these ideas and the initial suggestion must surely have been a wind up.  Some are taking it deadly seriously though so tomorrow may well see some football fans in one corner of the UK collect money for a dead cat and applauding a dead grocer.

The crowdfunding effort is sitting at 2,497 quid if anyone wants to donate:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/brutus

Weʼre raising £5,000 to have a statue of Brutus the Morrisons Cat made in his memory and placed in Morrisons, Saltney where he can still greet his adoring fans.

Brutus has won the hearts of thousands of local Morrisons shoppers as well as his Facebook followers from all over the world (www.facebook.com/brutusthesaltneycat). He's been visiting the store since it was built in 2010 and became a familiar face to those who regularly shopped in Morrisons, Saltney. He delighted children and adults alike with his cheeky 'cattitude', investigating shopping in people's trolleys as they left the store, jumping into cars to investigate, sneaking down the pet food aisle to see what kind of offers were on, and just generally being there daily for everyone to love and fuss. He had a gorgeous fluffy face and strutted around like he owned the place, oh and he loved the camera!
In October 2013 he was diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease. It's a condition he would have had since birth and sadly there is no cure. We managed this for 3 years with special food, daily medication and regular checks at Ben Jones vets. In January 2016 he became poorly and ended up in Chester Gates veterinary hospital. Luckily he pulled through that time and won their pet of the month award. His condition remained stable for another year however sadly New Years Eve 2016 was the last time Brutus was to visit Morrisons. He took another bad turn and this time, although he had another visit to Chester Gates he didn't recover and on Monday 16th January 2017 we had to make the extremely heartbreaking decision to put him to sleep.
We are devastated, but there are also thousands of devastated fans locally, nationally and internationally! The number of messages I've received have been overwhelming. It makes us happy to know that he brightened so many peoples lives. We thought that a memorial to honour Brutus is only fitting, so that people can still say hello to him and have something to remember him by. Many people have expressed their wish for something to be placed in Morrisons, so this is what we are raising the money for, plus also for local animal charities.

2 hours ago, Redstarstranraer said:

One of my mates down south is a Chester fan and brought this to my attention.  Apparently a Morrisons down there used to be frequented by a cat that hung around the entrance, sat on trolleys etc.  It died.  Now the owner is trying to get the public to stump up 5 grand to 'immortalise' their pet in statue form outside their local supermarket:

I'm trying to raise money for a statue of Brutus at Morrisons in his memory but for some reason I don't think Facebook actually sends posts with links in to all his followers' news feeds, therefore his Just Giving page isn't really getting out there as much as it could. Here is the link below but I've put a space in it. Just copy it if you can into your browser and remove the space before 'com'. Thanks so much 

See more
Image may contain: cloud, cat, sky and text

Ridiculous enough, but the cause was supposedly taken up by certain Chester fans who suggested trying to organise a collection before their next home game in honour of a dead cat:

Thank you to all who contributed to the discussion on the other thread devachat.freeforums.net/thread/37/rip-sir-ken-morrison 

Heh. A beauty. Only read the first page of that thread, but it could be P+B's sister site. Puns and cynics everywhere.

I'd rather have a statue of a moggy than of some politician or Royal parasite. Anyway..

1) guff about US politics. It's not that I don't like Trump it's just that I don't have a vote in the US, you don't have a vote in the US, none of your friends have a vote in the US and the ones that do have elected a cnut. So too bad. And most of your friends are limp wristed liberals who agree with your views anyway so why preach to the converted? Try making facebook friends with some swivel eyed carpet chewing foaming mouthed right wing Reynard type loons and preach to them instead. 

2) one of my work colleagues will post something she's interested in (mostly Disney films) and tags her husband on the post. Why not just tell him about it face to face you silly cow. 

3) Babies/small kids. There is a truism: Children are like farts. You like your own and don't like other peoples.

4) covered before on this wonderful forum but all those Be a ware posts. Forf ux ake. 

5) I hate those speeded up films of folk making cakes etc. Do people actually watch those while cooking? Can't you just follow instructions in a fucking recipe book? 

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'd rather have a statue of a moggy than of some politician or Royal parasite. Anyway..

1) guff about US politics. It's not that I don't like Trump it's just that I don't have a vote in the US, you don't have a vote in the US, none of your friends have a vote in the US and the ones that do have elected a cnut. So too bad. And most of your friends are limp wristed liberals who agree with your views anyway so why preach to the converted? Try making facebook friends with some swivel eyed carpet chewing foaming mouthed right wing Reynard type loons and preach to them instead. 

2) one of my work colleagues will post something she's interested in (mostly Disney films) and tags her husband on the post. Why not just tell him about it face to face you silly cow. 

3) Babies/small kids. There is a truism: Children are like farts. You like your own and don't like other peoples.

4) covered before on this wonderful forum but all those Be a ware posts. Forf ux ake. 

5) I hate those speeded up films of folk making cakes etc. Do people actually watch those while cooking? Can't you just follow instructions in a fucking recipe book? 

Be A Wear, FFS.

Facebook seems to be flooded with UKIP types who jump on anything remotely related to Trump/USA. It's like someone gave them new words like "snowflake", "virtue" and "signalling" for Christmas.

However asking folk with Alexander Blackman photos why they have a murderer as a profile pic can make things quite interesting.

42 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Facebook seems to be flooded with UKIP types who jump on anything remotely related to Trump/USA. It's like someone gave them new words like "snowflake", "virtue" and "signalling" for Christmas.

Seems to have been crossing over to the vocabulary of certain P&B posters too. Am I misinterpreting, or does this stuff amount to "don't question my publicly-aired views because I know it's what everyone really thinks when they aren't trying to be popular"?

Never got that with the Alf Garnett types. Why would so many people pretend not to agree with their views if it's the real common consensus?  :huh:

The Sergeant Blackman thing is astonishing. The number of folk who seem to think we're engaged in a total war with anyone who looks a bit muslim-y, and that as a result British soldiers are entitled to behave as if they're on the Eastern Front in 1941. Lunatics.

Brutus "The Morrisons Cat"
1 February at 16:08 · 

See more 16473073_1287448898009304_1220713508565115197_n.jpg?oh=77249d49da867dad6e70bb350d86d9d2&oe=593FA511 Ridiculous enough, but the cause was supposedly taken up by certain Chester fans who suggested trying to organise a collection before their next home game in honour of a dead cat:

As mentioned we have sourced buckets and now someone has said they can sort out laminated pictures of Brutus and Ken for them. All donations will go to the crowdfunder that has raised over £2300 so far.

A few have said they will be doing the applause on the 85 minute so thank you - and I hope many of you join in.

Does anyone have contacts in the local papers who can help raise the profile of this? 

In case you're wondering the Ken whose memory they also apparently want to honour is Sir Ken Morrison the former chairman of Morrisons who also died recently.  He was from Yorkshire and had nothing at all to do with Chester FC.  His death seemingly just compounded the tragedy of poor Brutus's passing to the extent some Chester fans feel they need to hold a minute's applause for him.
Evidently most Chester fans are ripping the proverbial out of these ideas and the initial suggestion must surely have been a wind up.  Some are taking it deadly seriously though so tomorrow may well see some football fans in one corner of the UK collect money for a dead cat and applauding a dead grocer.
The crowdfunding effort is sitting at 2,497 quid if anyone wants to donate:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/brutus
Weʼre raising £5,000 to have a statue of Brutus the Morrisons Cat made in his memory and placed in Morrisons, Saltney where he can still greet his adoring fans.

Brutus has won the hearts of thousands of local Morrisons shoppers as well as his Facebook followers from all over the world (www.facebook.com/brutusthesaltneycat). He's been visiting the store since it was built in 2010 and became a familiar face to those who regularly shopped in Morrisons, Saltney. He delighted children and adults alike with his cheeky 'cattitude', investigating shopping in people's trolleys as they left the store, jumping into cars to investigate, sneaking down the pet food aisle to see what kind of offers were on, and just generally being there daily for everyone to love and fuss. He had a gorgeous fluffy face and strutted around like he owned the place, oh and he loved the camera!
In October 2013 he was diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease. It's a condition he would have had since birth and sadly there is no cure. We managed this for 3 years with special food, daily medication and regular checks at Ben Jones vets. In January 2016 he became poorly and ended up in Chester Gates veterinary hospital. Luckily he pulled through that time and won their pet of the month award. His condition remained stable for another year however sadly New Years Eve 2016 was the last time Brutus was to visit Morrisons. He took another bad turn and this time, although he had another visit to Chester Gates he didn't recover and on Monday 16th January 2017 we had to make the extremely heartbreaking decision to put him to sleep.
We are devastated, but there are also thousands of devastated fans locally, nationally and internationally! The number of messages I've received have been overwhelming. It makes us happy to know that he brightened so many peoples lives. We thought that a memorial to honour Brutus is only fitting, so that people can still say hello to him and have something to remember him by. Many people have expressed their wish for something to be placed in Morrisons, so this is what we are raising the money for, plus also for local animal charities.

Grimbo should have done the same for his crispy pets.