Grand Theft Auto V

Finished the last one today, two of us got a bonus, two of us didn't. All four of us did the heists together. Quite raging at that, but I think we're going to do them again and go for the super bonus anyway. Some thoughts:

Fleeca job: Fun, easy, provided you do all the driving.

Prison Break: Probably my favourite, having done all the driving/flying in it rather than the actual shooting and stuff. I prefer the get in get what you need and get out element of heists over than the shooting (you could say that means I don't like doing the work, but shush), this fulfilled all of that.

Humane Labs raid: Good variety in setups here, only one which was bullshit was the stealth infiltrating one, purely because we didn't have mics and were using an online chat for it. I still have no idea how we did this, one of the guys I was playing with just sort of did it all himself. Another one where I was in a helicopter mostly, quite satisfying to just hover in the air and shoot stuff.

Series A Funding: Shite, largely. I hated Trevor in the single player, so having more of him and his shite patter is bad. So are all the missions which are largely go here > shoot people > run away in some comedy vehicle that barely moves and has no armour which when faced with the dozens of folk shooting at you on the way to the destination will completely f**k you up. Also, the first setup where you have to go on the boat is bullshit. So many folk shooting you.

Pacific Standard: Finding the vans in the first part is a b*****d to coordinate with no mics until you realise the people taking the pictures can drive too, the rest of the setups are easy enough (more of the go here - shot stuff variety but they offer some level of cover in doing them), the finale though... those fucking bikes, christ. You have to steal the bikes to get away from the cops because they're so fast, only the bikes are two blocks and about 100 polis away from the bank, and they're not fast. At all. And because you're on a 5 star wanted level there's polis everywhere, so when you get bumped off the bike as you inevitably do because you're driving really fast to get away from all of them, you're fucked. And then when you've used all your extra armour in the first attempt at it, when you do eventually fail and have to restart, you've got none for the next time. Pish.

All things considered though, they're still good fun, especially if you have a good group to be able to do them with. I imagine co-ordinating the whole thing with mics is both easier and a lot more fun though.

• 2 weeks later...

I won't preorder, got about 10 mil off a hacker on the ps3 so my character has all sorts of smart gear. Will prob still get it at some point. Still no internet at the mo.

You can preload the PC version the now on steam. Not sure what happens if you try and run it as I am still downloading it and it is a 59GB download.

It looks like they will release a patch on the release day to activate the game.

Edited by ajwffc

No internet until at least wednesday, but it'll be 100M so should be able to dl the game fairly rapidly hopefully. Think I'm just gonna get it, I've been enjoying the PS3 version again lately, but the loading times are excruciating. I'm sure it'll be a bit more rapid on the pc. Will just need to free up some space on the old SSD

You can preload the PC version the now on steam. Not sure what happens if you try and run it as I am still downloading it and it is a 59GB download.

It looks like they will release a patch on the release day to activate the game.

You can't play it before then. But yeah at 60GB will definitely be getting pre-loaded.

Can finally look forward to playing this now that it's coming to master race.

There is a 400mb patch been released on steam that activates the game.

This better be gid.

Fellow Master Race-rs.

dnc.gif

This has been a long time coming after years of no ports, brutal ports and delays. God fucking speed home after work.

The control pad is really good for GTA tbh, pretty sure you could have both pugged in and swap about on GTA IV, so might be the same for V. Pad is definitely better for driving imo, keyboard mouse may be better for shooting, but with the cover system, pad prob makes a bit more sense. Will need to play about and see. Hopefully have internet tomo, then I'll prob just get this. Interested to muck about with the first person perspective. Hoping that I've still got all my totally legitimate >_> online bank balance.

I doubled my Reddit Karma just by posting a picture of the Rockstar offices in Edinburgh. Bless the master race. Also game runs incredibly smooth. Only turned shadows to High and get over 60fps. I gave it a wee bash on my PS3 but the slowdown got on my nerves and I knew it would come out on PC. One of the best looking games of the year so far.

Unfortunately the game has been largely unplayable for me. I can't drive around without the game freezing for a few seconds, or textures failing to load and draw distance being terrible. I'm comfortably above minimum specs and running the latest drivers but the problem persists. I'm getting no frame drops and my CPU isn't overloaded.

One thing that will be overflowing right now is rockstar's troubleshooting dept. They are inundated with the same complaints from thousands of disgruntled buyers.