Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Raymond Buchanan@BBCRaymondBWestminster Corr David Porter reports Commons Media and Sport Cmte to look into the state of Scottish football with first evidence next week

Expand

the only thing is , UEFA/FIFA rules forbid government to "interfere" with the game ph34r.gif

Surprising - sport and the arts are a devolved issue.

There was a quote in the Retard today from a "Sky insider" claiming that they would not accept Sevco taking 3 seasons to get back into the SPL and would cancel the deal. I am entirely suspicious of any "insider" but the sudden push to have them dumped into the 1st division does seem to back it up.

Do you really want to quote the Record as a source? I don't think the push to get newco into the First Divsion is 'sudden' I think it's been the fallback from the point it was obvious the SPL were kicking them into touch.

The Record comment is all part of the same propaganda exercise. Personally I think there will be a renegotiation, but the effect will not be the fianancial armaggedon that is being rumoured. However that is just a guess, no-one knows.

So that's it, then. The SPL will break its binding contract with the SFL regarding the settlement agreement unless they accept newco in SFL1. They will continually defer their own vote until this has happened. Plain and stark.

Doncaster is a fucking crook, but any SPL club willing to even stomach not breaking with this, publically, deserves all they get. The SFL should, indeed must, hold firm and see the SPL killed off for good.

Do you really want to quote the Record as a source? I don't think the push to get newco into the First Divsion is 'sudden' I think it's been the fallback from the point it was obvious the SPL were kicking them into touch.

The Record comment is all part of the same propaganda exercise. Personally I think there will be a renegotiation, but the effect will not be the fianancial armaggedon that is being rumoured. However that is just a guess, no-one knows.

It certainly isn't journalism under any dictionary definition. The idea that there won't be a TV deal next season if Newco are in the third is plainly absurd. It may not be the same deal, but there will be a deal.

It's amazing that none of these Sky insiders have spoken to The Times or The Sun, yet seem to be available to the Record on tap.

Trying to take Newscorp down from the inside perhaps? Or totally made up.

all this talk about the other clubs in the SPhelL going out of business if Sevco Rainjurs start at the bottom is kind of missing the point, even if a lot of them do slip into administration, the likelihood is that they'd come out of that relatively unscathed, minus the point deduction, with the creditors agreeing to take a haircut and they'd all be able to start again and try to balance the budget.

The oldco Rainjurs situation was unique in that their largest creditor was HMRC and they refused to accept the CVA. It's very, very unlikely any other club would find itself in this position. So what we'd end up with is one slightly mad season with a few clubs going into administration, taking the point deductions and sorting out their debts and then a much more even playing field the next season with Sevco probably in the second by then and on their way back.

Them starting at the bottom will be slightly scary for a few clubs in the short term, but it will be far more healthy for the game in the long term on a lot of levels.

So Doncaster essentially says fix your First Division or we'll break a legally binding contract.

Incredible. I'm truly scunnered with this whole thing. If Turnbull Hutton wasn't playing the revolutionary I'd already have walked away. I couldn't stomach being a fan of an SPL side just now. This is disgusting.

Edited by Paco

How in earth can Sevco agree a deal with Ian Black? They don't officially have a license or membership and how will they register him as a player for them if they aren't actually a club yet.

Sevco 5088/Scotland have submitted their application to the SFA last week.

Surely SPL/SFL have a right to know if this mess have been accepted as a member of the governing Football Association.

SPL appear to have failed to realise that SFL can kick-off on time - They have 30 functioning clubs filling their 30 places).

SPL - Delay all you want. Your mess is your problem till you get your fingers our your collective arses.

Sevco didnt apply to the SFA. They sent, requested, information to support any future application.

UEFA rulebook

Independence

Member Associations shall manage their affairs independently

and with no influence from third parties. Member Associations

shall provide in their statutes for a procedure guaranteeing that

their executive body is freely elected and that their other bodies

are elected or appointed in a completely independent way. Any

body or decision from a body that has not been elected or

appointed in compliance with such a procedure, even on an

interim basis, shall not be recognised by UEFA.

can this apply to SKY?

If so then article 8 which deals with expulsion states

an member association ,if breaking these rules could be excludedph34r.gif

No. But as the SFA are the governing body, responsible to UEFA, could it apply to the SPL?

Heard that the following deal has been agreed.

SPL will now accept the Rangers Newco, but will impose a retrospective points deduction on last seasons points. This points deduction will see Rangers relegated to division 1.

The only remaining issue to be resolved is over the promotion of Dundee or relegation of Dumfermline as to who becomes team 12. Obviously Dumfermline are suggesting they were no longer the bottom club and as such should not be relegated. Dundee are obviously saying that the penalty on Rangers was in addition and as such they should be promoted.

This deal satisfies all within the SPL from a financial perspective and appeases their fans by not allowing the Rangers Newco into the SPL for 2012-13.

It also bypasses any potential issues that may arise from SFL Clubs not allowing the Rangers Newco straight into the 1st Division.

SKY are happy and will not now rescind their contract with Scottish Football.

You heard it hear first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really, this was what many assumed would happen when the idea of Rangers 3.0 going into the 1st division first came out.

The big problem with that scenario, is on what basis the points would be deducted.

Having just read through that statement from Clyde Im even more appalled, if that were possible, about the actions of cockwomble and the SPL. "Do what we want or we break away and leave you all behind" - how on earth can they be allowed to get away with this?? Not to mention the claim that the SPL will simply stop paying the settlement figure! Again, surely the SFA cant let them away with this?

More confusion, too, about the Regans quote on the SFA not sanctioning Rangers 3.0 back into the SPL. Looks like Clyde took the same implication the media did - unless of course it was Clyde who leaked the story in the first place. The alternative is that Longmuir has been spending too much time with cockwomble <_<

Edited by Mr X

SPL will now accept the Rangers Newco, but will impose a retrospective points deduction on last seasons points. This points deduction will see Rangers relegated to division 1.

The only remaining issue to be resolved is over the promotion of Dundee or relegation of Dumfermline as to who becomes team 12. Obviously Dumfermline are suggesting they were no longer the bottom club and as such should not be relegated. Dundee are obviously saying that the penalty on Rangers was in addition and as such they should be promoted.

This deal satisfies all within the SPL from a financial perspective and appeases their fans by not allowing the Rangers Newco into the SPL for 2012-13.

It also bypasses any potential issues that may arise from SFL Clubs not allowing the Rangers Newco straight into the 1st Division.

They'll be paying back the 2nd place finish money then?

Ach, I'd accept Zombie Rangers in Division 1. If you'd said to me at the start of the season they'd be starting there with lots of sanctions and half a squad, I'd have settled for that.

But I'll believe it when I see it, if you don't mind.

So in that scenario Sevco would need to repay the prize money given to Rangers by the SPL??????

TBH I think Division 3 is now out of the window - the SPL are trying to force the SFL in to saving them. As the SFL dont look like obliging then they are breaking their own rules to force through the solution they want. I've a better solution for the SPL teams - stop spending money on players you cant afford and then you wouldnt need to fix the league to accomodate the Old Firm.

You heard it hear first!!!!!!!! !!!!!

That wouldn't surprise me

Been out for 2 days (work commitments travelling to Cambodia & Laos), during that time I realized that there is more to life than death roll of Rangers twitching, ever few hours (I know their dead), but my Bhudda I'm getting bored with all this p!sh.

When is Newco applying to the SFL? and

When are we diddy teams going to tell them to get to f^ck? 3rd Div or f^ck off?

The game is dying right in front of us, just because of that death and lack of decisions from well paid people. If I was to work in this way, I wouldn't have much to do next Monday, I'd be sacked.

Do you really want to quote the Record as a source?

Not at all, and even less when it's quoting an "insider", but I added it because other than Cuntcaster's scaremongering pish is the only claim so far.

So the players who refused to TUPE cannot play for their new clubs as their registration is in dispute, now Sevco are trying to sign players but are not registered and haven't got a league place.

The SPL are delaying a vote on the Sevco vote and are giving the baton to the SFL , so a team who resigned from the SFL in 1998 will be considered for what exactly ? We do not have a league vacancy at this time . Let the SPL sort out their own mess, this is their decision , the wee diddy clubs are getting squeezed, those SPL clubs who have stated No to the Newco should be pushing for the vote to take place.

The whole thing is a mess.

How in earth can Sevco agree a deal with Ian Black? They don't officially have a license or membership and how will they register him as a player for them if they aren't actually a club yet.

I was just about to post the same thing! How, if the club themselves aren't registered, can they sign and register players??