Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I must be reading this wrong but " the media experts played along with the fraud". Are you suggesting that this done to benefit Rangers?

Yes, I am. Kind of.

I know there's an apparent contradicton in saying that a pro-Rangers press played a part in getting the club ripped off, but it's true.

In much the same way that a presumaby pro-Rangers support allowed it too.

The press weren't conspiring with Whyte or Green to carry out their dastardly plans, but they weren't keen to look too closely either, lest they upset those who deserve better. They also hoped all was well and like many fans, found it easier to cross their fingers than enquire.

A compliant press has certainly helped with the humbling of Rangers.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The records interview with ally

Ally McCoist and his players will parade the SFL3 trophy after their final match against Berwick Rangers, the culmination of a campaign that was preceded by one of the greatest mugs bets ever the bookies odds on Rangers getting through the entire season without dropping a point.

As matters stand, Rangers have lost three and drawn eight of their games and should they drop points again on Saturday afternoon, they would finish the season without maximum reward from a third of their fixtures.

We want to win the game, make no mistake, McCoist said. Should there be celebrations? Oh I think if anybody should celebrate, it's the fans. It's a sell-out again and that's just incredible.

And so should the young boys and the team. If you don't celebrate the good times, then you shouldn't be in the game at all because no matter what anyone says, they've won the championship and they have won it very comfortably.

The fans certainly deserve some recognition from the players as well. I'd be very hopeful there'd be mutual respect and thanks. So, yes, celebrations are certainly the order of the day.

McCoist, though, will be unable to avoid mixed feelings about the occasion, because of the tumultuous and at times grotesque consequences that were unleashed by the financial default brought about by Craig Whyte, which cast Rangers into what had been previously regarded as the outer darkness of the lower leagues.

Im hoping its the end of probably the two weirdest seasons of my life and we can start afresh, he said. Football wise its been everything we expected it to be - there were bizarre moments, happy moments and sad moments.

We knew it wouldnt be the cake walk a lot of people thought it would be and that was certainly the case. Theres a lot of things that club can be very proud of this season.

We brought full houses to places that probably havent had it for a good number of years. It would take some clubs seasons to earn what they did in their two home games against us.

We should be very proud of that - plus in the vast majority of cases, our supporters have bonded fantastically well with the people in the towns theyve been visiting.

If someone had told me what my first two years as Rangers manager would be like, I just wouldnt have believed them. Right at the start we had a rough idea things werent right then when the players we were looking for were getting knocked back.

We were promised all sorts of money to spend and weve been promised money to spend again [by Charles Green, the recently departed chief executive] and - I dont know, maybe Im turning into an old cynic - Im not sure that £10 million will be there.

Its terrible how football does this to you. This glass half-full man is getting battered but I shall not turn into a pessimist. Some of the off-field stuff quite frankly has been an embarrassment.

You just wonder what the great Rangers people would have made of it not a lot I would have thought. We just need to get back to some form of normality which we dont have at the moment.

McCoists strategy meeting with Craig Mather which, as Telegraph Sport revealed, was scheduled for early in the week, had to be postponed because of a funeral attended by McCoist, but the pair sat down yesterday to begin planning for the close season and beyond.

Asked if supposing it were available a £10 million transfer kitty would be appropriate in the humble context of SFL2 McCoist replied: Probably not, but, if I am going to be totally selfish about it, I would have to spend it to get out of the division and keep me, Ian Durrant, Kenny McDowall and the rest of the staff in a job.

You cant have it both ways. You cant not spend it and then be criticised by everybody. I didnt spend any money this year, with the exception of David Templeton, and, whether we like it or not, we were criticised heavily for our performances.

The objective was to get out the league and it will be the same next year. There wont be a massive, massive improvement. Look at the players we lost - Whittaker, Naismith, Jelavic, Lafferty, these were all £3 million or £4 million signings that went out the door.

Since then we have brought in a couple of £500,000 players. Even a marquee free transfer would cost you bundles. That is the only reason they will come to SFL2 and that isnt going to happen.

Your top, top players arent going to be in SFL2. We are not going to get the top youngsters at the moment because, simply, they are under contract. The ones not under contract wont want to come to SFL2.

We wont be back until we spend money. People say you can build a team from youth, but has it ever happened in the last 20 or 30 years? (yes but no-one else has been banished to play in a league where £30 a week wages are the norm)

Manchester United brought through five or six youngsters at the same time, but we have had kids coming in to the side one or two at a time over the last 15 years. We have never had seven or eight. I dont see any reason why that would change.

You bring seven or eight youngsters into the division we are in, and they would struggle to survive. We'd struggle in the SPL, that's for sure. I think we'd probably stay up, but in terms of competing?

There's no reason why, when you lose 30 players, you should be able to get a team who will challenge the league you've just left. So it's not a surprise. It's going to take time before we're up challenging again.

McCoist keen on Clark

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has confirmed his interest in Queen of the South striker Nicky Clark.

McCoist has already held talks with the player's representative and his father, former Gers player and current Palmerston assistant Sandy, about a switch to Ibrox next season.

McCoist now hopes to meet with the player, who has netted an impressive 40 goals for the Irn-Bru Second Division champions this season, in the coming days.

He said: "I've spoken to Nicky's agent and I've spoken to his father, who I know reasonably well, just to let them know that we have an interest in talking to Nicky and meeting up with him and seeing if there is a possibility of him coming to the club.

"We are no further down the line than that, but I spoke to Sandy and I'm very keen to meet up, as are Sandy and Nicky, so hopefully we can get a meeting in the next couple of days.

"His goalscoring record is fantastic and we certainly need strengthened in forward areas, as we do all over the park."

Received well on the swamp....

That's frightening. Hë needs tën million to get out of div 2??????

Dear god!

Worryingly incoherent. Not able to build a team from youth? No massive improvement expected? Difficult to attract players. Need to spend £10 to keep the coaching staff in a job?

Perhaps it actually is coherent though, Ally expects to spend a relative fortune on whoever will lower themselves to come to us so that we do just enough to win the league thus keeping him and the lads in a job.

This mouthwatering prospect makes me desperate to renew my season ticket.

The usual suspects defend him though.....glorious reading at this time of day...

The guy who said:

"Ally expects to spend a relative fortune on whoever will lower themselves to come to us so that we do just enough to win the league thus keeping him and the lads in a job." ... is pretty much right. That really is what McCoist's comments boil down to.

How embarrassing.

The guy who said:

"Ally expects to spend a relative fortune on whoever will lower themselves to come to us so that we do just enough to win the league thus keeping him and the lads in a job."   ...  is pretty much right.  That really is what McCoist's comments boil down to.

How embarrassing.

And he wonders why he gets guys with the Sandaza attitude. He asking for mercenaries

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by MEADOWXI

Yes, I am. Kind of.

I know there's an apparent contradicton in saying that a pro-Rangers press played a part in getting the club ripped off, but it's true.

The press weren't conspiring with Whyte or Green to carry out their dastardly plans, but they weren't keen to look too closely either, lest they upset those who deserve better. They also hoped all was well and like many fans, found it easier to cross their fingers than enquire.

Inept or lacklustre but not compliant, that's going down the G&G's conspiracy highway and I know that you don't believe that.

If the press were aware of what Whyte was up to then that would have been the opposite of the much vaunted pro Rangers press pack which hear so much about on here.

I'd say they were inept.

Ahh f**k it!

Get them shoved into the new SPL II right away.... It'll be funny watching them get pumped, seeing them overspend drastically to keep it afloat, then blame anyone and everyone else for their (next) demise. :D

Ahh f**k it!

Get them shoved into the new SPL II right away.... It'll be funny watching them get pumped, seeing them overspend drastically to keep it afloat, then blame anyone and everyone else for their (next) demise. :D

Turnbull (lol Turnbull) would over the moon at that.

Part of me would like to see us in SPL2 just to see reactions on here but alas we would have to refuse any invite to join that league.

We must play in SFL 2 next season.

Yes, I am. Kind of.

We just need to remind ourselves why the press were referred to as 'the succulent lamb brigade'.

Of course that was during David Murray's regime. So it is important he is mentioned in the same breath as his fellow travellers Whyte and Green.

Edited by thelegendthatis

Inept or lacklustre but not compliant, that's going down the G&G's conspiracy highway and I know that you don't believe that.

If the press were aware of what Whyte was up to then that would have been the opposite of the much vaunted pro Rangers press pack which hear so much about on here.

I'd say they were inept.

Undoubtedly correct about their ineptitude, but that ineptitude was due to the insidious relationships between the two clubs and their favoured scribes, who grew fat and lazy on a diet of succulent lamb and spoon fed titbits of "exclusives". Failure to keep the party line would result in the dinner invitation getting torn up and being sent to bed with no dinner....(or exclusive).

Utterly pathetic.

50,000+ Bears will pack Ibrox today in a sea of Red, White and Blue, it will be a celebration and a massive GIRFUY to every cretin who wanted our club dead, part one of the journey is about to come to a close, but there is plenty more to come.

We are Rangers super Rangers and don't you forget it BRALT.

:thumsup2

Might be a soggy sea......

Thousands of the flag display has been ruined By the weather over the last 24hrs.

If your near the stadium just now please go a help set up the display.

Argyle house reception and ask to help

50,000+ Bears will pack Ibrox today in a sea of Red, White and Blue, it will be a celebration and a massive GIRFUY to every cretin who wanted our club dead, part one of the journey is about to come to a close, but there is plenty more to come.

I think it's totally awesome that you're all so absolutely desperate to "get it right up.... every cretin who wanted (your) club dead".

This will certainly be music to the ears of the men who actually made your club dead, since they plainly have nothing whatsoever to fear from you.

Yup, getting it right up all those Plastic Paddies and their sympathisers is definitely the way to go. A few rounds of Follow Follow will certainly prove us.

Hope you're in good health, BTW.

rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic type post imo

rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic type post imo

(Three men rush into a room. SIR DAVE slams the door behind him. CRAIG and CHARLIE try to catch their breath, panting)

SIR DAVE: Right youse, not a sound. We don't want the People finding out where we are and ripping us limb from limb... Craig, have a look out of that window and see if you can see any Bears.

(CRAIG peeks through the curtains)

CRAIG: I think we're safe, for now.

CHARLIE: Why? What are the People doing? Are they sharpening axes and lighting torches and marching on us, crazed with desire for vengeance?

CRAIG: No.

SIR DAVE: Are they assembling a Fighting Fund to seize our assets by law, as revenge for destroying their beloved Rangers?

CRAIG: No.

CHARLIE and SIR DAVE: Well, what are they doing?

CRAIG: They're singing songs about child abuse because they think that will get it right up every cretin who wanted their club dead.

(Stunned silence)

(SIR DAVE, CRAIG and CHARLIE burst into hysterical laughter, tears streaming from their faces, pounding the floor. SIR DAVE gasps for breath. CHARLIE pishes himself)

CRAIG: Ha ha ha ha ha, oh my God, oh my God.

SIR DAVE: Ha ha ha ha ha, the Record told the Bears that Craig had wealth off the radar!

(Fresh fits of hysteria)

CHARLIE: Ha ha ha ha ha, I said they'd win the Champions League by 2020!

(Gales of laughter. After twenty minutes, they stop and sober up a little)

CHARLIE: Ha ha ha ha ha, oh, ho ho, hee hee... So, what are we going to do now?

SIR DAVE: I don't know about you pair, but I'm going to spend all the money I stole off the People on cocaine, expensive booze and hoors before somebody with half a brain decides to take it off me.... Although obviously, no Rangers supporter is going to make any such effort.

CHARLIE and CRAIG: Hear, hear!

Edited by flyingrodent

I'd say they were inept.

Agreed, but I'd suggest that this ineptitude owed at least something to their affection for Rangers.

GreenockRover put it better than me.

Liquidation to you,

Liquidation to you,

Liquidation, liquidation,

Liquidation to you.

You herniated fool you.

Sent from my Marconia Box using Morse code.

:lol: :lol:

Finally nailed who awra is on the swamp.

Celtic, just how did they manage to get control?

It is one of life's great mysteries trying to establish just exactly how a small minority in Scotland managed to wrest political, economical and at the present moment sporting power from the vast majority of the indigenous Scots, Protestant population.

Even when they achieved nine-in-a-row, they were without doubt still very much smaller than Rangers. They knew their place. I am not now going to quote a cliché...."with the sixties, society became freer and people began to revolt". Scotland remained essentially a conservative country, especially when compared to our Northern European neighbours.

So how did Celtic effectively seize power? Why are many of the top judges, lawyers, politicians where they are now? Surely there is a paradox. If they are the victims, the oppressed, the persecuted, the poor, how if that is the case are they running Scotland?

I suspect it is their education system which promotes narrow, selfish values and critically which excludes any empathy for non-Catholics. They also look after each other by covering for, promoting and even lying to achieve their ultimate goal which is domination of Scottish society.

Peter Lawwell is the very embodiment of the ****** dream. This devious character has scaled himself to the very top of Scottish football. The erstwhile Drumchapel Duce has SFA/SPL officials by the balls. With a click of the fingers, they scurry to his every demand. In any other country, such a situation would demand a public investigation. Not now, welcome to Catholic Caledonia where Rangers are mocked and treated like lepers.

My other point is that we, as a people have sleepwalked into this nightmare, we have stood and watched with apathetic eyes while they have infested our institutions. The message is surely that it is STILL not too late. Awake!