Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What's the betting on Murray standing aside when Whyte refuses to deal with him,

Leaving Kennedy as sole bidder(Patsy,Kipper ,last on is the faither)

Bunting on standby .

Kennedy doesn't want to be there, he's a publicity whore, fandan....

For weeks I've been convinced that a Newco Rangers would just get voted straight into the SPL, but for some reason I'm now optimistic this won't happen, and God knows I'm not the optimistic type. Right now they are not the pillar of Scottish Football that the media would like us to think, they are just a badly run, crumbling edifice that's of no real value to anything or anyone.

But more importantly is that a crab or a bloody lobster!? I'm now starting to think it might be a scorpion...

Their offer is conditional on a CVA being accepted by the creditors and them taking full ownership of Craig Whyte's shares. I would assume that the onus would be on the administrators to arrange a CVA (which many believe is unlikely), and Craig Whyte to agree to transfer his shares (which many believe is unlikely).

Is it not the case that the only alternative to a CVA is liquidation? In the case of liquidation would the creditors stand to get any more than they would through a CVA? As Rangers assets in the event of the "Big L" would basically be Murray Park, Ibrox and a Car Park as all the players would now be free agents and worthless to the club. If Rangers debts total £134M then the creditors would not stand to make anywhere near full recovery of the amounts owed.

I have been led to believe that Murray Park is not available for building houses or flats and so is really only saleable as lets say a leisure centre. Ibrox is no use to anyone except what would be Rangers Newco, much the same with the carpark. If Rangers Newco were not willing to pay much for Ibrox who in fact would bid higher? A property developer would have a lot of obstacles in his way before he could do anything with it, not least the fact that the facade of the Main Stand is I believe a listed building. Also I can imagine in that event there would be fans chaining themselves to the railings to prevent any redevelopment. So in fact how much those assets are worth is really dependant on what someone is willing to pay for them. Less selling costs, administrators/liquidators fees etc.

If a bidder was willing to offer 10p in the £ in a CVA. Creditors may be well advised to take it. and that is not to mention the Liquidation would take, selling the assets, associated legal wrangling and bad publicity for everyone concerned.

About five days ago David Whitehouse of Haudit & Daudit stated categorically that they could not accept a conditional offer.

The 'Blue Knights' are supposedly making an offer with conditions that, even if they were to be meminds not be scertained for at least five weeks. I can only assume they will be told by the administrators that their offer cannot be accepted.

I dunno about you guys, but I hope that they do get an agreement on a CVA dependent on Whyte GTF, then they somehow convince Whyte to do the right thing & he agrees to hand his shares over.

at which point the SFA whap their schlongs on the table & announce that both Mr Murray & Mr Kennedy have failed the new stringent fit & proper persons test & the shares remain with Whyte :lol:

There are a number of likely outcomes involving Ticketus re-obtaining its cash. If there is a CVA (company voluntary agreement) outcome, Ticketus is one of the biggest creditors and will get a share of what is left in the pot.

Any potential bidders will need to acquire Whyte's 85% shareholding. This cannot be done without the help of Ticketus or the bidder faces a lengthy court battle.Whyte's personal guarantees on the loan also mean Ticketus can pursue him for liabilities.

My link

the same with the carpark. If Rangers Newco were not willing to pay much for Ibrox who in fact would bid higher?

dunno about that. my idea solution is that the sfa bulldoze hampden, sell the land to a property developer and the scottish national team move to ibrox and rent to queens park. Ibrox is a first class stadium and would be a great home to the national team - all that needs done is change the signage! The Scottish Football Museum can be built n the site of the car park and Murray park can be taken over by the SFA.

The tax payers have pretty much paid for both facilities anyway and with the sale of the land at hampden, the SFA would be quids in.

In the mean time i'm sure rangers could ground share with thistle until they are in a position to build a new stadium

If a bidder was willing to offer 10p in the £ in a CVA. Creditors may be well advised to take it. and that is not to mention the Liquidation would take, selling the assets, associated legal wrangling and bad publicity for everyone concerned.

Ignoring Ticketus (who I doubt will put a 10p in the £ deal ahead of bad publicity and wrangling when they can get more) the seemingly massive problem is the HMRC - and they will absolutely not agree that cheap deal. They probably would have done if it had just been on the tax cases but now Rangers owe them what, £12m from last May? Say the cases go completely in Rangers' favour, this will still be enough to give HMRC blocking power and, there's no way they will then throw in the bonus of a massive deduction in what was money which simply had to be paid. Alternatively, say the cases go against Rangers to the full whack of £75m, add that on to the £12m in PAYE etc and a 10p deal would net the tax man £8.7m - notably less than the basic amount which would have been owed since last May. The HMRC does have a responsibility not to throw away public money but they also have a responsibility not to let Whyte/Rangers away with a wheeze which gets them a million pound discount on PAYE money over a nine month period.

The numbers could be wrong but they just illustrate the point - hell will freeze over before HMRC reward the decision of a football club to simply stop paying daily amounts due when they can stop it and that means the CVA will require millions which (so far) TBK and Kennedy have shown no intention of spending.

Rangers are still fucked.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

Excellently worded letter which I thinks reflects everything that is rotten with the Old Firm "what we say goes" attitude to the rest of the clubs. Look forward to reading the response from your chairman - assuming he is brave enough to put it in writing

Why? Who's going to "advise" HMRC to open the door to every football club in the UK to avoid paying tax?

HMRC will never accept a CVA, the sooner you accept this, the sooner you can try and set up a junior club for yourself.

Dons Supporters Trust Letter:

http://www.donssuppo...ng-spl-meeting/

"Open Letters" from fan groups are usually cringeworthy - but that is well written. It is a pity that there was not a co-ordinated effort amongst all the clubs fan's to make sure that their BoDs had a similar letter in advance of the meeting. That said, any club chairman who doesn't know the level of opposition to Rangers being re-admitted is obviously a lost cause.