What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

R.I.P.D. 5/10

A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him.

Stars- Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges, Kevin Bacon and Mary-Louise Parker

It's a bit like Jumper, in the fact that the idea of the movie was great and the action was okay, however something just didn't work with it. Many of the jokes fell flat and I felt that Kevin Bacon and Mary-Louise Parker were underused.

RIPD - 3/10

Pretty brutal stuff

Is there some illegality involved in you two seeing this or is it being screened in previews or something?

Before Midnight - A film I can appreciate despite actively not enjoying a lot of it. The whole thing seemed designed to make viewing it uncomfortable - the really long takes, the sound of Ethan Hawke eating an apple on tape, the impending sense of dread etc.It just seemed painfully realistic in portraying marriage/family.

Rather enjoying a mid-20s couple meandering around Vienna but feeling strong anxiety at the portrayal of the middle aged version is probably a blotch test for fear of commitment and probable psychopathy but that's how it went down for me.

Anyone stay up to watch Starter for 10 last night on BBC 2? Not a great film, but it's doing my head in trying to find out how he

cheated on University Challenge.

Might have dozed for a bit and missed the clues. No success on google, anyone know how he did it?

Anyone stay up to watch Starter for 10 last night on BBC 2? Not a great film, but it's doing my head in trying to find out how he

cheated on University Challenge.

Might have dozed for a bit and missed the clues. No success on google, anyone know how he did it?

Realistically, one of the studio assistants had the question cards in an envelope and left the envelope right next to Simon as he went to sort out a problem.

Insidious 2 - 4/10

It does its job. Jumpy and exciting, a good scare. It's a nice continuation of the first film; the two intersect really nicely at times. However, the plot's a bit messy at times. It's starting to dawn on me that James Wan's a one trick pony. Every one of his films are pretty much the same: a story about ghosts, easy scares, with a high pitch string section to narrate. It's a good trick, but starting to get a little stale. Still, a decent enough film and a good laugh if you're a big a shitebag as myself.

I watched 50/50 a few evenings ago, i didn't realise what film it was until i started watching it.

It stars Joseph-Gordon Levitt as a 20 something year old who is diagonosed with cancer, and portrays the resultant treatment stages, and the affects it has on his life, with Anna Kedrick :wub: playing his therapist, and Seth Rogan as his best friend.

It was a 7/10 for me, it was a decent watch, if not a tad depressing at times.

I also watched Kick Ass 2, which again was an easy watch, although if your upset/dislike excess violence then probably best to avoid it.

Another 7/10

Anna Kendrick is great! Watched her in an indie drama the other day called 'drinking buddies' with Jake Johnson from New Girl and Olivia Wilde and she was good again.

I actually think there is a really good crop of actresses that have come to the fore over the last few years (mostly quite pretty as well)

Grassroots (2012)

Based on a real life story of an unemployed music journalist who runs for Seattle council due to his passion for the monorail. Low budget film which Stared Jason Biggs, Cedric the entertainer and Joel David Moore.

Actually quite enjoyed this. Is classed as a comedy but it didn't really have any laugh out loud moments. Thought Biggs was very very good.

6.5 / 10

Saw Ghost Shark on Monday, rednecks torture and kill a shark who comes back as a ghost for revenge. No really. No suprises in terms of quality but some real laugh out loud moments with some of the kills and just how bad some of the story/acting/special effects are.

5/10