What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

American Beauty. 8.5/10.

Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) is some boy.

Fucking love that movie. Love the transformation of Spaceys character. Nae shites given.

Although I couldn't work out who the cheerleader was the whole film which wound me up, wee lassie out of American pie!

Guardians of the Galaxy (8/10)

Pleasantly surprised at some of the originality (ok ok, it's an adaptation) and tone, good humour throughout too to take the piss out of itself. Not your everyday action storyline.

I'll be honest I have stopped going to the cinema for a while as this is rife. Past twice I have nearly been scrapping for telling folk to turn their phones off.

A severe pet hate of mine. Fair enough before the film starts but during is just totally unacceptable.

Took my niece to see Divergent and a group of young girls about 14-16 yrs old spent the full film text each other, Facebooking, whatsapping or whatever.

This sort of shit is why I always very carefully pick when I go the cinema. People are such arseholes in them. I try to go when the screen will be as empty as possible. When I lived in Aberdeen the Vue was good for this during the day Mon-Fri. There were times when I had the screen to myself. Glorious.

Anyway: Cloud Atlas. 8/10. Bit mental. But very enjoyable.

This sort of shit is why I always very carefully pick when I go the cinema. People are such arseholes in them. I try to go when the screen will be as empty as possible. When I lived in Aberdeen the Vue was good for this during the day Mon-Fri. There were times when I had the screen to myself. Glorious.

I usually go to the DCA cinema in Dundee. Fewer arseholes in attendance and you're allowed to bring your pint in with you.

Black Sea 8/10

Jude Law plays a submariner who is made redundant by his company so goes on an expedition to find a haul of Nazi gold that had sunk in the Black Sea. With £40 million to be shared equally amongst the half british and half russian crew, greed starts getting the best of some and it leads to disaster in the ocean depths. Really enjoyed it, not as bad as ive described it!

Pride (8/10)

Lesbians and Gays meet 80s striking miners, was choking back tears for much of the last 15 minutes so much that I ended up with a stinging sinuses and gob. Very well done with a tone and style much the same as other industrial destruction British films like Brassed Off, and was surprised to see at the end that it was very closely based on a true story.

American Hustle (8/10)

Firstly, the film is made by the on-screen relationship that comes from two superb performances from Bale and Adams. The storyline itself is pretty solid and smart, with some well-noted personal themes and ongoing, sudden escalations in tension. Despite most of the characters being c***s, you can still sympathise them on various levels. Oh, and them bra-less plunging necklines, dear god.

Really felt sorry for Mayor Polito by the end of it, mainly thanks to how well done the relationship between him and Rosenfeld is done. Agree on Bale being terrific, but Renner's performance is well underrated, or maybe underappreciated is the better word for it. Certainly doesn't get the plaudits that the leads got.

Really felt sorry for Mayor Polito by the end of it, mainly thanks to how well done the relationship between him and Rosenfeld is done. Agree on Bale being terrific, but Renner's performance is well underrated, or maybe underappreciated is the better word for it. Certainly doesn't get the plaudits that the leads got.

Aye, agree with that. Polito's likeability was well portrayed by Renner, and probably didn't get as much attention as the the rest of the cast as he was relatively normal.

Actually it's interesting looking around at reviews of the film as different critics pick out different duos for special praise. Bale and Lawrence; Adams and Lawrence; Cooper and Bale; but Renner rarely gets a mention. Loved De Niro's cameo too, his screen presence is utterly immense. Kudos to the director for his part in that.

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

2nd time watching this and enjoyed it even more to my surprise. You'll laugh one minute, then you're upset the next. Kirsten Dunst :wub:

8/10

Magnolia

Tom Cruise is excellent from what I watched. Managed 2 hours of this, until I realised there was another one left and shut it off the film just felt too much of an effort. That scene where Donnie is told he's fired is hilarious though. Poor wee Stanley. That intro.

Se7en

First time watching this and it lived up to all the hype. Kevin Spacey is on top form yet again, as is Brad Pitt to my surprise.

9/10

Oldboy

Wtf throughout the entire film. That octopus scene :thumsup2 8/10

The prestige

Story about the rivalry between 2 magicians in turn of the century london. That description makes it sound pish and thats why its been on my TiVo unwatched for months. Majorly misjudged it however as it was brilliant. Directed by Christopher Nolan (which I hadnt realised) with great performances from christian bale and hugh jackman. David bowie even makes an appearance, without any goblins or obscenely tight leggings sadly.

Anyway would highly recommend if you haven't seen. . .