What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

RUSH - Another excellent motorsport film! The actor that played Hunt was an excellent resemblance. Why had James Hunt's Hesketh's car have the Scotland flag on it does anyone know?

Just watched it as well. Also thought it was brilliant. Both the lead actors were superb.

No Country For Old Men. I cant really score this film I dont think. I was really engrossed in a lot of the scenes but at other times I was slightly baffled so I cant really say if I liked it or not. Loved some of the performances but the movie as a whole? I cant honestly say.

Once upon a time in the west - 7/10

Yeah it was good, westerns have never really been my cup of tea so to speak but this was pretty good. Glad i did watch it though as my dad fairly rates it.

22 films left to go. :)

Have you watched "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" yet?

An Alternative Reality - 6 / 10

It's a documentary about Football Manager. It talks to the creators, famous fans, scouts etc. and it's fascinating to get to grips with the scale of the database they build for the game, but also to hear the stories of the people who enjoy the game, as there are stories of late-night nail-biting anxiety, and distractions when away from the game, and the highs and despair, depending on outcomes of games, that we all mind from our own FM saves.

Next Goal Wins 7 / 10

American Samoa were the worst football team in international football. They were pretty rubbish, getting doings from their Pacific island peers. To be fair, a lot of their young players would enrol and then leave for the American Military, depriving them of a lot of talent. The film charts their development as they appoint a Dutch coach and embark of World Cup qualifying to try to improve their standing. It's surprising the extent to which you begin to support them and there are some memorable characters which you really warm towards.

An Alternative Reality - 6 / 10

It's a documentary about Football Manager. It talks to the creators, famous fans, scouts etc. and it's fascinating to get to grips with the scale of the database they build for the game, but also to hear the stories of the people who enjoy the game, as there are stories of late-night nail-biting anxiety, and distractions when away from the game, and the highs and despair, depending on outcomes of games, that we all mind from our own FM saves.

Next Goal Wins 7 / 10

American Samoa were the worst football team in international football. They were pretty rubbish, getting doings from their Pacific island peers. To be fair, a lot of their young players would enrol and then leave for the American Military, depriving them of a lot of talent. The film charts their development as they appoint a Dutch coach and embark of World Cup qualifying to try to improve their standing. It's surprising the extent to which you begin to support them and there are some memorable characters which you really warm towards.

You must have pretty high standards for your scores (or I have low ones) Next Goal Win is easily a 9 or a 10 for me. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

You must have pretty high standards for your scores (or I have low ones) Next Goal Win is easily a 9 or a 10 for me. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

I couldn't go as high as a 9, but it is a cracking film. For me, it's the coach that is the most memorable character just based on his determination to get the team playing. But, there's probably 4 or 5 people in this who folk will keep in mind after the film.

American Sniper 8/10

Great film, however some stuff is in a different order from the book and a bit different in general. Generally don't read books then watch the film for this reason, but had to with this one. Still a cracker mind you.

Blackhat.

Saw this got absolutely slated as a turkey upon cinema release but I think there's a lot to like about it. Yes, especially in it's first act, it's faced with the problem every tech/cyber thriller has in that a guy staring at a computer screen telling you what's happening is not that exciting, but there's some fabulous moments in it including many of Mann's signatures.

7/10 and worth a look imo.

M (1931) - 7/10

A german film but had to use subtitles. Can be a bit off putting using them. None the less a good film. Think may be the oldest film I have watched.

That's 20 films left to go.

Memento next

You find subtitles off putting? Dubbing is far, far, worse imo.