What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Minions 4/10

Big disappointment, I think I laughed twice. Even the bairns were bored.

Thought it was good, loads of laughs (adults and kids). Better than DMe2. 7/10

New Odeon has opened near us. Must say their family deals are a big step in the right direction.

Jurassic World

Thought this was entertaining enough, not a patch on the original but a decent film. Not as scary or creepy as the original either (CGI makes everything seem too fake).

6/10

End of Watch

Have had this taped on my Sky for ages and decided to watch it today. It suffers from the fact that I instantly compared it to Southland. It was okay but I was constantly thinking about one of my favourite TV shows whilst watching it so I was never totally engaged with it in the way I might have been.

6/10

This Is England

My fiancé had never see this and with the new series starting soon I wanted to show her it. She loved it and I was glad I rewatched it after a few years as it remains a brilliant film (and a great TV series).

8/10

Entourage

I've actually been to the cinema twice this week to watch this. As a huge fan of the show I was really looking forward to this and for the main I wasn't disappointed. It is a poor film in many ways (and has been panned by the critics) but as an extension to the show it was exactly what I wanted and it ticked all the boxes (Ari and Drama continuing to be brilliant characters).

7/10

End of Watch

Have had this taped on my Sky for ages and decided to watch it today. It suffers from the fact that I instantly compared it to Southland. It was okay but I was constantly thinking about one of my favourite TV shows whilst watching it so I was never totally engaged with it in the way I might have been.

6/10

I love Southland and End of Watch, probably because I loved Southland so much that I loved that film too.

No Country For Old Men. I cant really score this film I dont think. I was really engrossed in a lot of the scenes but at other times I was slightly baffled so I cant really say if I liked it or not. Loved some of the performances but the movie as a whole? I cant honestly say.

I'm a big fan of the Coen brothers but I don't buy into the hype around this movie. Some great scenes and acting performances but the movie itself is pretty bad, the emperors new clothes of Coen movies imo.

The Client.

Decent movie, has a good soundtrack score too.

Love this film.

RED - 7/10. Been out a while but never fancied it until I was bored last night so watched it on Film4. Malkovich is on fine form here and Helen Mirren and that other brunette bird in it were some good eye candy. Urban was decent in it too actually, and Brian Cox :lol:

Slow West (8/10)

One of my favourite films of the year so far. Set in 1870, a young wet behind the ears Scottish guy heads off into the wild west looking for the girl he loves, who had to leave Scotland in a bit of a hurry, for reasons that will become apparent.

Beatiful cinematography and a wonderful score, it's a joy to the eye and ear. A fine mix of quiet dialogue, intense action and at times slapstick comedy, along with a few moments of misdirection and surprise, this is a must see.

It would have got a full 10/10 but for the fact that no matter how long the two main characters travel west, they always appear to be passing the same range of hills, like the endlessly repeating background of a Scooby-Doo chase sequence.

Apart from this minor point, it's afantastic film.

Requiem for a dream - 7/10

Pretty fucked up film. Old dear on speed. Ass to ass

Aronofsky must have got a perverse thrill out of including a Jennifer Connelly lesbian double-ended dildo scene in a movie, knowing that anybody expecting a nice satisfying w**k was in for a major disappointment.

Bet Sergeant Wilson managed though :P

Saw Minions with the wean today. Think most of the Despicable Me fans over the age of 10 will be pretty disappointed. Didn't get a laugh out of me once, and only a couple of smiles. Bizarrely, it's one of those turgid movies that relies on laughs from those boring old stereotypes of the English, for the most part - maybe it still gets a laugh in the States, but repetitive riffs on tea drinking and politeness are embarrassing these days. Good Sixties soundtrack, but randomly placing a bunch of quality pop songs throughout the film shouldn't win you any brownie points, considering it takes no artistry whatsoever.

Kid liked it, though, so I think just the little yellow guys bopping around making daft noises will be enough for weans. And it was still better than Frozen.

Nightcrawler

Expected big things and I was just disappointed. The storyline didn't hold me and whilst I found the dark, moody atmosphere quite interesting, I was just bored by the film in general. Fell asleep before the end, but don't feel the need to finish it off which sums it up for me. Easy to see how it got the love it did, it's quite clearly a film you'll love or hate, but either way it's easy to appreciate it as a film, I just happened to find it boring as hell.

3/10.

Edited by Ludo *1

Danny Collins

Watching Pacino films these days is a bit like watching Hibs in cup competitions, I can't not do it just in case. Pleasant surprise this, extremely cheesy and cliched but you somehow forgive that on the strength of the performances, the John Lennon soundtrack and some of the humour. I feared the worst when Pacino was strutting about on stage after five minutes but you soon realise the "f**k sake, he's doing it again" reaction was exactly the point. Good to know he has a bit of self-awareness about his stream of shit career in the last 10+ years.

I feel like if some of the sentimentality wasn't so on the button, it could've been something special.

7/10

Edited by Alan Stubbs

RED - 7/10. Been out a while but never fancied it until I was bored last night so watched it on Film4. Malkovich is on fine form here and Helen Mirren and that other brunette bird in it were some good eye candy. Urban was decent in it too actually, and Brian Cox :lol:

Old man my ass!