What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

You speaking for Ludo now. :P

But aye, 7 nails it.

Yeah I'm his appointed advocate mate :):lol:

Aye I'd probably go for 7/10 as well. The fact it's predominantly set in a small room yet keeps you engrossed is pretty impressive.

Quite liked Devil myself; best film M. Night Shyamalan's been responsible for in quite some time. Supposed to be part of a trilogy, but Shyamalan's got a track record of planning trilogies that never come to fruition.

Worth checking out director John Erick Dowdle's The Poughkeepsie Tapes if you're in the mood for a mean-spirited found-footage faux documentary, as it does the job better than most.

Ted 2 is an easy 8 for me. Hilarious stuff. Amazing that Seth McFarlane can get it so wrong most of the time, but with the Ted movies, he seems to have his eye on the ball.

Couldn't disagree more with that assessment. I'm a massive Family Guy fan (although it's on the decline recently) but I thought Ted was a shambles, lazily written and horribly schmalzy in places. I can't stand Mark Wahlberg either which didn't help. Basically like a weak episode of Family Guy stretched out for an extra hour, I think I gave it a 4/10. I'd be stunned if the sequel was any better.

Vertigo (1958) - 6/10

Was a decent film. About a retired investigator falling in love with a person he is looking out for.

Jesus. Edited by Gareth_Glasgow

Minions - 3/10

After watching Despicable me 2 with the mrs and gutting ourselves we thought this would be awesome.

All the good jokes seemed to have been used up in the last film though. It seems Gru is required to make the franchise work. Couple of funny references but not much else. quite disappointed to tell the truth.

Ted 2.

Thought this was pretty weak to be honest. Enjoyed the first but this was much more scattergun stuff from MacFarlane. When on form he is a brilliant writer (see early Family Guy) and he does just thrown joke after joke, but here there were far more misses than hits for me. Enjoyed the references to other films and the ComicCon stuff was good but overall it was really messy in terms of a film and just felt like a whole bunch of unattached scenes that were scrambled together (which can work in Family Guy but not a long feature film).

5/10

American pie 2 is currently on ITV2

Probably the first 15 I watched, I just remember my mum going mad at my dad for letting me watch it at 12 :lol:

I was of the age when the first one came out and I went to the cinema to see it that I honestly had never seen a comedy like that before, people forget that until American Pie came out that genre was simply not around (then they made about 100 similar films in the space of a few years). In terms of laughs I think I might prefer the second one but the first is a proper classic for someone my age.

Terminator Genisys.

Thought this was better than I had prepared myself for. Really enjoyed the first section of the movie and the throwback to the original. It did get a bit poorer in the final third but overall it was much better than the other two more recent films.

6/10

I was of the age when the first one came out and I went to the cinema to see it that I honestly had never seen a comedy like that before, people forget that until American Pie came out that genre was simply not around (then they made about 100 similar films in the space of a few years). In terms of laughs I think I might prefer the second one but the first is a proper classic for someone my age.

Terminator Genisys.

Thought this was better than I had prepared myself for. Really enjoyed the first section of the movie and the throwback to the original. It did get a bit poorer in the final third but overall it was much better than the other two more recent films.

6/10

Rubbish, they've been making movies like american pie for years, what about porkies, animal house, bachelor party etc?

Rubbish, they've been making movies like american pie for years, what about porkies, animal house, bachelor party etc?

Correct but my point was that when I was 15, during the late nineties and early 2000s that genre was new to people of my age. I, along with a huge number of teenagers, had never seen Porkies or Animal House (both made 20 years earlier) so going to the cinema to see a new teen comedy genre was something totally different to anything we had seen before it. Edited by stumigoo

The Badge (2002)

Not a bad film starring Billy Bob Thornton as a sheriff in a small Louisiana town investigating the death of a transsexual. He puts his job on the line when he uncovers a web of sleaze and corruption and the film has a Twin Peaks feel to it. There's also the added bonus of Patricia Arquette playing a stripper who is also the wife of the deceased transsexual. Good blues soundtrack as well.

6.5/10

Love and Mercy - 8/10

Amy - 7/10

Magic Mike XXL -6/10

Spent all day yesterday at the cinema. Saw the first two myself then the last with my burd.

Nope, sorry, it's not working :P

I watched the first one again last night on channel 4 and the second is definitely much, much weaker. Mentioned this earlier in the thread but the sequel feels like a whole bunch of small sketches and cut & paste scenes whereas the first feels more like a film and is very funny consistently, unlike Ted 2.

Ted 2.

Expected it to be hit a miss but definitely a lot more miss than hit.

A few genius moments but they were too few and far between for me.

4/10.

I watched the first one again last night on channel 4 and the second is definitely much, much weaker.

That's amazing when the first one was so poor.