What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Agreed. SBC was quoted saying it was all genuine. Obviously talking shite unless the two rednecks he stayed with had their house fully connected with remote cameras purely by chance.

I think he’s being a bit economical with the truth.

He’s probably been upfront with the rednecks. But told them he’ll do everything in character and without a script.

Rewatched a bit of it last night but I really can’t see me ever watching the full movie again.

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Linking to the IMDb page was easier than typing the title?  :lol:

The elephant scene is hilarious. Also, a brilliant cameo from Bruce Campbell. Might watch it tonight, actually.

The Vanishing - at the turn of the 20th century, a trio of Hebridean lighthouse keepers have some grim decisions to make after an unexpected find washes ashore.

Considering this was based on a real-life mystery that's so open-ended that a writer's imagination could go almost anywhere, this is a disappointingly grounded and predictable effort. However, Peter Mullan and Gerard Butler are both excellent value, so it's one of those films worth watching for the performances rather than the story. Just don't expect a gripping tale, or a satisfying ending.

Just now, BFTD said:

Linking to the IMDb page was easier than typing the title?  :lol:

The elephant scene is hilarious. Also, a brilliant cameo from Bruce Campbell. Might watch it tonight, actually.

The Vanishing - at the turn of the 20th century, a trio of Hebridean lighthouse keepers have some grim decisions to make after an unexpected find washes ashore.

Considering this was based on a real-life mystery that's so open-ended that a writer's imagination could go almost anywhere, this is a disappointingly grounded and predictable effort. However, Peter Mullan and Gerard Butler are both excellent value, so it's one of those films worth watching for the performances rather than the story. Just don't expect a gripping tale, or a satisfying ending.

Ha ffs thought the page would come up

Seventh Son next .

21 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Jojo Rabbit. Fantastic. Terrible. Funny. Heart-breaking. Cruel. Wonderful. Watch it. 

I've thought about watching it a couple of times, was waiting to seee what the general consensus about it was 

54 minutes ago, stanton said:

I've thought about watching it a couple of times, was waiting to seee what the general consensus about it was 

It's great, get it watched.

Sam Rockwell is the man, as ever.

hqdefault.jpg

The Final Level, which imdb considered to be worthy of 3/10.  Just because it's on.

Myself and others were just in genuine tears of laughter at one particular 'fight scene' with the laziest acting you've ever seen.  Must have genuinely been the 100th take of a bunch of physically and mentally shattered wifies attempting to kick baddies for CGI Super Mario-style '+1 point' things.  Guys flying away after being dealt a half arsed kick.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Yeah, got the same vibe. Better than I was expecting. The sound was great listening to this through a home cinema set up.[emoji1305]
I thought it was laughably bad. The celtic supporting Paisley p***ks attempt at an American accent was predictably excruciating then he got his get out jail card when a scene was shoehorned in to remind us he was actually Scottish. Just a dreadful film.
Watched Prisoners the other day with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal about two little girls abducted and the fathers search for them. Now this was how to make a proper thriller with excellent actors and gripping story.

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

I thought it was laughably bad. The celtic supporting Paisley p***ks attempt at an American accent was predictably excruciating then he got his get out jail card when a scene was shoehorned in to remind us he was actually Scottish. Just a dreadful film.
Watched Prisoners the other day with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal about two little girls abducted and the fathers search for them. Now this was how to make a proper thriller with excellent actors and gripping story.

I think that was probably social commentary about immigrants in America etc more than an attempt to shoehorn it in. I enjoyed it anyway, was expecting a certain type of film  knowing Butler was in it so was pleasantly surprised.

The Town

Ben Affleck stars, writes and directs this from 2010. Not a big action film or Ben Affleck fan so never knew about this. Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it though.

A group of bank robbers take a hostage and release her l, Affleck feels guilty and builds a relationship with her. He wants to start a new life with her but he's drawn back in for one last hit. Decent enough story and good performances on show all round.

8/10

7 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I think that was probably social commentary about immigrants in America etc more than an attempt to shoehorn it in. I enjoyed it anyway, was expecting a certain type of film  knowing Butler was in it so was pleasantly surprised.

You might be right but I rarely get subtle meanings in films like that. The couple who picked up the mother and son and the way it turned out was just bizarre and seemed like a cheap shot at injecting some unnessary tension. Glad you enjoyed it though  as did Mrs Boo👍

The Final Level, which imdb considered to be worthy of 3/10.  Just because it's on.
Myself and others were just in genuine tears of laughter at one particular 'fight scene' with the laziest acting you've ever seen.  Must have genuinely been the 100th take of a bunch of physically and mentally shattered wifies attempting to kick baddies for CGI Marino-style '+1 point' things.  Guys flying away after being dealt a half arsed kick.

If you enjoy laughing at incredibly lazy acting in fight scenes then I recommend virtually any Steven Seagal joint that’s been filmed in a post-Soviet breakaway republic. If I had to guess I would wager roughly 80% of the fight scenes involve Seagal being sat down during the filming.