What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lost in translation

Probably the best film I've seen for a while.
Murray and Johannson both outstanding.
A must watch.

One of my favourite films.

Great acting from start to finish and some memorable scenes. You can feel the chemistry between Murray and Johansson.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

A bratty malingering school kid spends a day getting up to all kinds of shit.

An 80s classic that I've watched plenty of times. 

Very entertaining although it must be said that Matthew Broderick comes across as a right smug wee cùnt.

8/10

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

On 11/12/2020 at 23:48, D.A.F.C said:

Lost in translation

Probably the best film I've seen for a while.
Murray and Johannson both outstanding.
A must watch.

I watched it when I was 16/17 and thought it was utter garbage. Rewatched about 10 years and a visit to Japan later and thought it was majestic. Great film.

I watched it when I was 16/17 and thought it was utter garbage. Rewatched about 10 years and a visit to Japan later and thought it was majestic. Great film.
Same as me (well half). I've watched it once and I was about that age. It bored me senseless. But I'll watch it again as it seems to get rave reviews on here.

I've never really been a fan of horror films. The whole genre has kinda passed me by, so I thought I get my hands on a few classics and dip my toes into the murky world of horror.

Halloween

Classic slasher flick  with a silent psycho stalking some teenage girls. Really good.

8/10

The Omen

An American diplomat is dismayed to learn that his bairn is actually the anti-christ.  There were a few spectacular deaths but overall I thought this was pretty boring and kinda silly.

5/10

The Exorcist

Now this is more like it. More comical than scary but a lot better than that Omen pish. I'm actually embarrassed that I reached I my 40s without ever seeing this.

8/10

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

18 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've never really been a fan of horror films. The whole genre has kinda passed me by, so I thought I get my hands on a few classics and dip my toes into the murky world of horror.

Halloween

Classic slasher flick  with a silent psycho stalking some teenage girls. Really good.

8/10

The Omen

An American diplomat is dismayed to learn that his bairn is actually the anti-christ.  There were a few spectacular deaths but overall I thought this was pretty boring and kinda silly.

5/10

The Exorcist

Now this is more like it. More comical than scary but a lot better than that Omen pish. I'm actually embarrassed that I reached I my 40s without ever seeing this.

8/10

The recent Halloween reboot is pretty decent too. 

Nolan gave marginal emotional investment or stake to the characters for Tenet (other than the wifey diving off the ship) unlike how it did with Inception and Interstellar. At least you could give a f**k about Di Carpio and McConaughey and made the OTT expedition tolerable.

I'm still on his brand for him to keep making challenging Original films at a blockbuster level as he's arguably the only one doing so, but it if you get someone to marry his outstandingly good visual elements with someone who can give dialogue that isn't unnecessary and not forced with hunners of needless expedition that is a struggle to watch without subtitles, he'll be back on the right track. Get him back to show, don't tell.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Gunfight at OK Corral .  Classic western with Kirk Douglas & Burt Lancaster in the lead roles of "Doc" Holliday and Wyatt Earp . Rhonda Fleming provides support  along with Denis Hopper ,Jack Elam ,Lee van Cleef and Star Trek's DeForest Kelly . The tension builds throughout the film and ends with the classic shootout finale. It may not be exactly historically correct but it's a movie not a documentary . Excellent score and great cinematography  too this has to be one of my favourite westerns 

Hunter Hunter

First off... yikes. The pace of this is definitely going to have people turning off, but anyone who reaches the payoff will be greatly rewarded. I personally didn't mind the pace. The menace was gradually built bit by bit building to quite the final few minutes. It does seem to stall a bit at times and that's where the big problems are but overall, I really enjoyed this.

8/10

Unhinged

Laughably bad film with Russell Crowe who has a domestic then picks on a random female driver and decides to stalk her for very little reason and kill some people. The said lead female was so annoying I was hoping he would achieve his goal. 5/10.

Unhinged
Laughably bad film with Russell Crowe who has a domestic then picks on a random female driver and decides to stalk her for very little reason and kill some people. The said lead female was so annoying I was hoping he would achieve his goal. 5/10.
It was okay, fat Russell Crowe was fun to watch.

For guys having a bad day, a better option is Falling Down, which was added to Netflix a few weeks ago