Walking Down The Halbeath Road

In reality who knows. It was what was rumoured.
Bottom line is if it were ever true it's evidently nonsense now given Vincent signing.
Would like to see FEB sign for us. Still short up front.

Evidently, it was nonsense all along. We got Vincent in January. It’s more likely that McCann is a bit wary of letting FEB go, as he invested a lot of time into his development and is disappointed that the club are likely to be making no money from the sale (even a loan would see him out of contract and leave for nothing next summer).

It also wouldn’t surprise me, if they were holding onto him until they got another striker, or to see if anyone can offer them a better deal than us. That’s fairly standard procedure. They won’t be in any hurry to offload him, particularly given we’re very unlikely to offer any sort of substantial fee or, in the case of a loan deal, cover his full wages.

Even giving that absolute nonsense about McCann a second's regard is too much.

Where do folk come up with this pish?

The major stumbling block over Fais returning is that you actually need to bid for a player in order for things to happen 

2 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

With specific reference, I said 'initially Neil McCann was the stumbling block'. 

That's way different to saying he wouldn't ever deal with our club at all with any level of business.

Like I also said I've no idea what the situation is now regarding FEB and our efforts to gain his signature.

I'm more than sure McCann wasn't sacked? 

If he was being "awkward" why would he allow a loan last season and again this season? 

I have to say that I hope you are right and, Fais is coming back to the Pars. 

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I would absolutely fucking love it if El Bak returned. Love it.

KeenExcitableEyelashpitviper-max-1mb.gif

If this happens, we all doing the face painted with Faissal on the forehead like the guy at the end of the gif for the first home game of the season against Ross County aye?

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

If this happens, we all doing the face painted with Faissal on the forehead like the guy at the end of the gif for the first home game of the season against Ross County aye?

Was just crossing the road in Edinburgh and got honked at by this huge vintage Rolls Royce. The number plate was BAK 998, which IIRC was the number of goals he scored for us in his last season. It was a lovely browny/olive colour, much like the skin tone of the Moroccan Prince. When I got across the road, in the window of a football memorabilia store was a replica of our Bert Paton era First Divison top. As omens go these are clear signals from the gods.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCann telling the Dundee site today that the only reason El Bak hasn't featured for us or travelled to Portugal is because he's injured. 

Returning to pre-season injured sounds like a "punted down a division on loan" offence to me.

McCann may have said that El Bak was at home recovering from a knock and that's why he wasn't at the camp but it's telling that's the first time he's been mentioned in any of the pre season interviews. The manager had previously said that he was looking to bring a striker in to provide an option for Moussa and Mendy. Haber and El Bak weren't mentioned. Haber's away on trial to South Africa. Keep believing Pars!

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can we pick a date please where we call this definitely not happening? It seems to be dragging on and I dont want to start point scoring over it then end up with egg on my face.

It's an open goal for you. If he doesn't sign you can point and laugh. If he signs for you or Dundee Utd you can really laugh and tell us how great he is and that he hates us. If he does sign for us you can tell us he's shite as he couldn't hack it in the Premiership and can only score against part timers. It's all win-win-win for you as far as El Bak is concerned.

6 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Returning to pre-season injured sounds like a "punted down a division on loan" offence to me.

That's a two division demotion. Off to Starks with him. 

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd trade in all my Big Country albums and get myself a half Rovers half Bayern scarf.

You wouldn't need to trade them all. A remastered deluxe edition of The Crossing should cover it and, leave you change for a pint and a pie.