Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 hours ago, Raithie said:

Ross Millen as well. 

9 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Can you get loans from the same league this month? I thought it was only if they were coming down from the Premiership.

Stand to be corrected.

Weird that so many Raith fans now want rid when he was the bees knees at the start of the season. Anyway, you can't loan players from the same division in this part of the window (doesn't need to be from the Premiership, if say Falkirk or Hamilton had someone they didn't need then it could be them).

52 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Weird that so many Raith fans now want rid when he was the bees knees at the start of the season.

There's 'rumours' that he's had a bust up with Ian Murray and won't play for the club again. Nothing to do with us wanting rid of him for being shite. 

53 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Weird that so many Raith fans now want rid when he was the bees knees at the start of the season. Anyway, you can't loan players from the same division in this part of the window (doesn't need to be from the Premiership, if say Falkirk or Hamilton had someone they didn't need then it could be them).

It’s not football related - there’s been a fall out between Millen and Murray. I’d be more than happy for him to still be playing every week based on football. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Anyway, you can't loan players from the same division in this part of the window

Hamilton have loaned a player out in this part of the window to a  team in their division?

Edited by LeodhasXD
Assume mumbongo is regular part of the window

9 hours ago, North West said:

Shut your moaning pus.

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I'll rarely take a drink before the football these days buts that's harsh. The folk who go love it.

It's too small, often takes ages to get served, doesn't have enough seats and is far too expensive.

41 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Has the rule been changed since Vaughan went to Dumbarton? 

28 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

or since we loaned Wighton to Arbroath 😂😂

These are very poor examples, since neither of these examples were loans that were made in the loan window. The media have reported that you can only bring in players from higher divisions in this window, but there are examples that disprove this. 

For example, we brought in Wighton on loan from Hearts in the loan window.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Millen has always split the home support in terms of his performance and much latterly his attitude. He's never been the "bees knees" for many supporters. 

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

These are very poor examples, since neither of these examples were loans that were made in the loan window. The media have reported that you can only bring in players from higher divisions in this window, but there are examples that disprove this. 

For example, we brought in Wighton on loan from Hearts in the loan window.

Loaned Polworth from Killie in the loan window too.

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What? No I'm genuinely now confused if you can or cannot loan from a team in the same league? If not, the rule changed right?

You can loan one player from another team in your division (e.g. Logan Chalmers Dundee Utd to Ayr, Brad McKay Falkirk to Kelty) but there seems to be conflicting information about this particular window. FWIW, I've just read the SPFL Rules section on Temporary Transfers and it doesn't seem to suggest there are extra caveats, despite what the papers say. So I was guilty of that too, because I was sure I'd read that somewhere too.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You can loan one player from another team in your division (e.g. Logan Chalmers Dundee Utd to Ayr, Brad McKay Falkirk to Kelty) but there seems to be conflicting information about this particular window. FWIW, I've just read the SPFL Rules section on Temporary Transfers and it doesn't seem to suggest there are extra caveats, despite what the papers say. So I was guilty of that too, because I was sure I'd read that somewhere too.

Thanks for clearing that up. 

50 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It seemed to start last February when several newspapers reported that you couldn't loan from within the same division and the myth spread from there, but it has definitely never been the rule. Presumably journalists got the wrong end of the stick about the window being closed entirely for Premiership clubs at the end of January when it was still open for other SPFL clubs throughout February, but you are allowed to loan from clubs in the same division.

Edited by Dunning1874

We were meant to sign Ashcroft at the beginning of the transfer window, it was apparently all agreed however Liverpool recalled Beck and then another of Dundee’s defenders got injured. This forced them to keep him until they got bodies back. That’s obviously now happened so he’s coming to us. If you boys tried to persuade him at the last minute to change his mind then fair enough but I’d say that anyone thinking it was a done deal that we was heading to Dunfermline is miles off.

8 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

We were meant to sign Ashcroft at the beginning of the transfer window, it was apparently all agreed however Liverpool recalled Beck and then another of Dundee’s defenders got injured. This forced them to keep him until they got bodies back. That’s obviously now happened so he’s coming to us. If you boys tried to persuade him at the last minute to change his mind then fair enough but I’d say that anyone thinking it was a done deal that we was heading to Dunfermline is miles off.

I've seen noone thinking this. I think everyone knew that at best, it was over to the player to decide (and anyone with any sense knew that probably wasn't in our favour). Most of the frustration is because we're in a weak negotiating position, whether that's due to league position or our board's apparent inability to get deals over the line. The league position is at least partly a by-product of the latter and I think that's why more and more questions are being asked about how the club is being run.

As is often the case, when you are down, nothing seems to go your way. The Ashcroft thing was always liable to end this way - a player would be daft to join a struggling club when there are teams in position for promotion also showing interest. I don't think we can be too harsh on the club for this particular kick in the nuts, but the questions around the wider recruitment policy and how we've been behind the 8-ball all season, are fair.