Depression

Fair enough. Sounds like they're getting you a good deal :)

Aye it was really easy in the end and such a weigh off my mind. My credit score was utterly fucked anyway so 7 years of being on some pishy list doesn't bother me. I can never see affording a house of my own anyway, so won't be needing a mortgage any time soon, and I have no reason to get credit in any other capacity.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their words of support and advice. I was slightly worried about posting but after reading the thread and seeing everyone else's stories I think it was a good thing I did. Last night I actually managed to sleep and felt a weight off my shoulders so to everyone who replied to my post I Thank You...

After my appointment today it seems the best solution to my problems is counselling. I have been before but only ever for short period of times of 3-5 sessions and I have agreed to keep going now for a sustained period of a minimum of a couple months. I think realising and admitting I have an illness has helped, it has been hard to take but i'm as ready as I ever will be to confront it and move on. First things first I am going to look for a job outside of my own work. Working for myself and not always having regular work has been an issue for me recently so I am going to look for something even if its just temporary to get regular work.

Another thing I have chose to do is to stop drinking. I'm not a heavy drinker by any means however I class myself as a binge drinker. I struggle to stop once I start and recently I have noticed myself have a couple vodka's and wake up and the whole bottle is gone. It is a choice I am making as I don't want anything to stop my progress. I need to look forward and fight my way through this.

I feel positive about this and it's the correct way of moving forward again with my life. I dwelled on the past but what happened, happened. I can't change it and I can't do anything about it. I need to think about the future and to make it as good as possible.

Well done, I think looking to the future is the key.

You can't change the past, even though it has changed you.

Time to fight back. Stopping drinking is a good thing if you're only doing it on your own.

I think I've realised that dwelling on the past has made me negative and bitter at times and that because of the injustice if felt I have to right wrongs or keep proving myself.

I've been saying to myself that I have to take a lot of credit for coming through this and seeing it in perspective. Sounds daft maybe but in some ways I've done well to handle all the shit while still being able to hold down a job and look after myself on my own.

I took an overdose of paracetamol 2 weeks ago. Was in the hospital for a few days. I had been doing so well for a while too. I have to say that I was treated brilliantly in the hospital. Oh well. Onward and upward.

Chin up - its friday and its middle of summer in australia :shutup

Just checked the bank after Amsterdam at the weekend, then Norway Monday to Wednesday. I'm officially suffering from depression.

I came in here assuming it was an FML thread at first and started talking about something equally trivial!

Thought I'd post my story, and hopefully it will help a few folk out there who feel like they're suffering alone.

From 1st-4th year at High School I was extremely lonely, socially inept and felt utterly out of sync with other young people. The people I called friends were all similarly socially inept and psychologically bullied me to make themselves feel better, but I stayed with them throughout high school because the alternative was to make new friends, which I couldn't imagine happening. I'm pretty sure I suffered from sort of depression at school and used to spend two-three weeks in the house at a time.

Fast forward 7 years and I am a completely different person to who I was then. I still have issues with trusting people, but I have developed a solid group of friends who are actual friends, have a girlfriend and a full time job. I am a much happier person than I was at high school and I am a genuinely confident and outgoing person.

My main point is, to anyone reading who is having a hard time at High School and suffering low spells, it doesn't last forever and there are hundreds of young people going through the exact same issues. There is a lot of help available through Breathing Space and your GP. Just always remember that High School doesn't go on forever and you can always create a new you.

Thought I'd post my story, and hopefully it will help a few folk out there who feel like they're suffering alone.

From 1st-4th year at High School I was extremely lonely, socially inept and felt utterly out of sync with other young people. The people I called friends were all similarly socially inept and psychologically bullied me to make themselves feel better, but I stayed with them throughout high school because the alternative was to make new friends, which I couldn't imagine happening. I'm pretty sure I suffered from sort of depression at school and used to spend two-three weeks in the house at a time.

Fast forward 7 years and I am a completely different person to who I was then. I still have issues with trusting people, but I have developed a solid group of friends who are actual friends, have a girlfriend and a full time job. I am a much happier person than I was at high school and I am a genuinely confident and outgoing person.

My main point is, to anyone reading who is having a hard time at High School and suffering low spells, it doesn't last forever and there are hundreds of young people going through the exact same issues. There is a lot of help available through Breathing Space and your GP. Just always remember that High School doesn't go on forever and you can always create a new you.

Welcome to the forum mate.

I had a hard time at high school too. :(

YHallSaint, glad you managed to get the help you need, and Scotfree hope you are getting support/feeling better.

In common with others, I had an awful time at school and that's when my first episode of depression happened.

Used my bad experiences for some good hopefully- now a mental health nurse treating folk who have it far worse than I ever will.

A wee update. Been for a couple appointments since the last time I was on here. They're hard at times but have been feeling better since going. Have also stopped looking for work and set up a small xmas business selling retro sweet boxes. It keeps me busy and focused on something and not as much stress especially weather permitting at this time of year. I might not have got much work especially if the snow comes again. Early signs are i'll do alright and get enough to get through xmas.