NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

6 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

And you paid for these tickets? Kidding. Have a lot of fun. I've been to a couple of games, tend to get there quite early. Never done the tailgating thing but it sounds/looks fun. Remember to take some photo id with you if you want a drink. I forgot last time and couldn't get served.

I don't follow the sport much, but I'm there for something else and it was handy timing so I couldn't say no. I'm sure I'll be gubbed from the jetlag anyway and get down there very early, will definitely make sure I have a fair few drinks. Cheers!

24 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I don't follow the sport much, but I'm there for something else and it was handy timing so I couldn't say no. I'm sure I'll be gubbed from the jetlag anyway and get down there very early, will definitely make sure I have a fair few drinks. Cheers!

None of the stadiums in the States would accept my driving licence as ID, so make sure you have your passport is the best advice I could give you.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Rams are going 2-15

I think they'll struggle, but I'm not sure they're 2-15 bad. Hating on the Cardinals seems to be all the rage, but I quite fancy Carolina for back-to-back #1 overall. What might prevent that is that their entire division is complete shite, so they could actually be the worst team in the NFL yet still pick up 5 or 6 wins and have 3 or 4 teams drafting ahead of them. Similar story with the Texans with regard to their division, although I think Houston actually a bit better than people give them credit for.

On 06/09/2023 at 12:31, Zanetti said:

See if you don't follow the sport much, I genuinely don't think you'll enjoy the actual sporting aspect of the game. Even for people who know what's going on American football is one of the sports that are almost better suited to watching on tv - plays only last a few seconds at a time and when you're miles away from the action in a massive stadium it's difficult to see what's just happened for a lot of them.

That said, the overall experience of the stadium, the tailgate, the food & drink and the general atmosphere will be brilliant. The Ravens have a good fanbase, so it'll be loud. Just don't expect to know what's going on much on the field.

Edited by Nightmare