NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Guest DannyBlue
43 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I think he was sacked 8 times that night 

10 times. It's crazy that the David Carr record could be broken.

Edited by DannyBlue

It genuinely is astonishing, even more so that there are two teams chasing the ignominy.

Can only imagine it's not just poor OL play, but bad pocket awareness (what little I've seen of Howell he still seemed really raw), and scheming that leaves the QB wide open to getting battered.

This is probably my biggest gripe with Kellen Moore so far. The promising OL play and run game of the first week has completely vanished, but more annoying is that in all three instances when the Chargers have been in a 2-min drive to win the game situation, he has totally left the OL 1v1 v's the blitz and got Herbert hammered all three times. Herbert has only been sacked 10 times through 5 games, but his average time to sack is the shortest in the league. He's not a pocket statue, in fact he's enormously slippery in the pocket, so it's all about OL just getting straight beat off the snap, inadequate protection, and leaving overmatched players on an island. 

Aside from Quentin Johnston, Zion Johnson is also looking more and more like a blown #1 as well. Telesco really should be fired into the sun along with Staley.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 17/10/2023 at 23:31, Bully Wee Villa said:

In a minority maybe, but I'd be happy for a British team to do well so long as:

1. They were an expansion team so didn't steal someone's team.

Problem with a new team from scratch is the league would now be at 33 teams which to get equal numbers you'd need to move to 10 divisions of 3. If the league wanted to go for new teams from scratch & a sensible division setup you'd need to go to 36 teams which would give 6 divisions of 6. I'm unsure if the league would add four teams at once or even staggered with two teams added per season.

On 18/10/2023 at 16:44, pozbaird said:

Teams will still move around the USA though. If there was to be any expansion of any sort, it’ll be there. In San Diego, or St Louis, or, at a push, Toronto or Montreal. Even then.

Canada is never going to happen as there would be fierce opposition from both the CFL & Maple Leaf Sports. I'd also be opposed to it'd do damage to the CFL as the league to some degree is in a position where some locals look down on the league as it's not the NFL. Akin to how some people in Scotland look down on the SPFL as it's not the Barclays.

It would be fine for the US teams, give divisional rivals bye weeks after playing there in five out of six seasons. That way all conference teams only have to play there without a bye week once every six seasons (once every eight seasons for teams in the other conference). Not that much of a hardship.

Much more of an issue for the UK team. I'd imagine they'd have to play in batches of home then away games and have a training base somewhere in the US as well as the UK. Would make then quite unattractive to potential signings as they would have to spend long spells away from their families.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

If the Titans can get anything better than a 4th for Henry they should jump all over it. He isn't going to be the difference between them winning something in the next couple of years or not, and he's about to hit the 30 wall.

I would just like him to end his days with us, as a back up to the superb Spears.

On 19/10/2023 at 20:44, Brummie Clyde said:

Washington's OLine made Da Bears DLine look good.

Howell was very tough to get as many good plays in as he did.

Every team has lit us up.  One thing the last 7 weeks have told me is that the league was right about EB, he was Andy Reid's cup holder in Kanses, and that's it.  Against the Giants every Washington, Giants, NFC East fan knew the Giants were gonna blitz after blitz, but some how it took EB a whole half of football to realise that's what they'd do 🤦‍♂️😂

Howell is not gonna just break Carr's sack record, he's gonna shatter it, but his sacks to fumbles is going be the greatest ever seen.  Every QB in the business wishes they could be that good 😂😂

On 26/10/2023 at 17:02, Antiochas III said:

Every team has lit us up.  One thing the last 7 weeks have told me is that the league was right about EB, he was Andy Reid's cup holder in Kanses, and that's it.  Against the Giants every Washington, Giants, NFC East fan knew the Giants were gonna blitz after blitz, but some how it took EB a whole half of football to realise that's what they'd do 🤦‍♂️😂

Howell is not gonna just break Carr's sack record, he's gonna shatter it, but his sacks to fumbles is going be the greatest ever seen.  Every QB in the business wishes they could be that good 😂😂

Like us against Flores's Vikings. Apparently Getsy was the only person that didn't realise they tend to blitz a lot.

Caught most of the Bears hilarious attempt at being a pro football team last night and wow, they went full bears.

If one or two parts of the defense are having a rough night you have a shot at riding it out but when everything goes at once it's really entertaining to watch in a 'might as well laugh' kinda way.

One of the few decent hits we did make was on our own fucking teammate putting him out ffs.

Even worse than last year and i didnt think that was possible after the money they spaffed up the wall in the summer.

Only bright spot was Bagent's performance who could be a reliable backup QB if he was coached by anybody but the muppets at Hallas Hall.