Reasons to be Cheerful

Spent the day with a very foxy 26yo student nurse on Wednesday........woke up this morning to a message with the offer of meeting for a drink tonight :D

Just check first that she isn't looking for a case study for her final report submission.

Spent the day with a very foxy 26yo student nurse on Wednesday........woke up this morning to a message with the offer of meeting for a drink tonight :D

Shame it'll be ruined when you find out she doesnt have a knob...

The Commonwealth Games.

Even a cynical grumpy old git like me was inspired watching The Norfolk Islands get hammered at badminton.

Every country should be forced to enter somebody into every event, just for the boxing if nothing else which would be entertaining to watch Bob from the pub in Tuvalu getting thrown into the ring with some of the world's finest.

When you end up with what you think is the least fresh dud fish at the chipper and it turns out to be marvellous.

This indeed is a rare but fine moment.

My reason is much more mundane. I'm sitting currently on my apartment balcony having a couple of beers. It's 48 degrees, I've finished all my academic shit, it's the weekend and I've got the Bose on loud. Glorious.

Should probably contextualise my RTBC by saying ISIS is raping and pillaging Christians about 90 miles from where I am and I am sitting watching what I think are drones.

Edited by Savage Henry

Every country should be forced to enter somebody into every event, just for the boxing if nothing else which would be entertaining to watch Bob from the pub in Tuvalu getting thrown into the ring with some of the world's finest.

For some reason, I misread this as "every pub should be forced to enter somebody into every event".

One of the men playing badminton for the Norfolk Islands looked like he had just come from the pub via the chippy. He was about 50, short and had a significant beer belly. The guy with the vileda mop had to mop the court after almost every point such was the sweat dripping from him. It was great!

Now THAT I would pay good money to watch. Hell, I'd even volunteer to compete in some of the events after a few sherberts on a Saturday afternoon.

Bought a 3d tv today that was meant to come with 4 pairs.of 3d glasses. As i bought the last one they gave me another 4 pair free.