Reasons to be Cheerful

I used to be a record collector back in the day.You used to get some really pretty 12" singles and suchlike. Gave it up when I realised how much space it was taking up, and that I could get electronic versions of everything. Considering how much I got for my collection, I can't say I've ever regretted it.

There are some genres of music that just sound better on vinyl. Something to do with the rawness that digital sampling removes, I think.

F**k all wrong with that mate. I've been collecting vinyls old and new since my teens. Not one of those geeks who collects then but doesn't listen to them though. Just make sure you're careful with them and the record player's in good nick and they'll remain scratch free. Bought my own record player when I first moved out of my folks and upgraded to a newer one about 3/4 years ago.

Probably just over a year ago I sold half a dozen duplicate vinyls I had acquired over the years and got just short of £450. Paid for a good chunk of last Christmas.

Are there any websites that give price quotes for vinyl? I've got around 300 LPs in album boxes upstairs

Are there any websites that give price quotes for vinyl? I've got around 300 LPs in album boxes upstairs

I've been using Discogs lately as the shop I help out in has started selling vinyl again. Take a look at the listings on eBay that have already sold too, as they can be more realistic.

We'd be very happy to take them off your hands if you're just wanting rid :lol:

I've been using Discogs lately as the shop I help out in has started selling vinyl again. Take a look at the listings on eBay that have already sold too, as they can be more realistic.

We'd be very happy to take them off your hands if you're just wanting rid :lol:

Thanks for the link Dave, I'll take a troll through it when I've got a spare month or two :mellow:

6-1 win away at Montrose last night, dancing about the terracing like a loon when the sixth went in.

On the down side........home at 1.00am, up at the back of 5.00am for work...still bevv'd up. Sitting at work after a gallon of water, two strong black coffees, a roll and square sausage and a can of Irn Bru......and I still feel like death.

Worth it.

I just discovered that the Vienna Philharmonic is known as the Wiener Philharmoniker in their native land. As an adult child, this tickled me greatly, and also gave me a great idea for a novelty toy to put in Christmas crackers for adults.

Club football is back this weekend. International weeks are beige as f**k.

This on so many levels.

I know we played but I have a whole routine around watching lunchtime and evening football as well as MOTD.

Also I don't put coupons on for these games as too many friendlies

Having a mad rush at work and finally completing everything at 4:59, packed up and ready to leave for the labs closing at 5:00 (took three months to get a day booked in). Usually this would feel superb, but on a Friday? F***in' YAAASSS! :-D

Have to say that I've not had 'shakey writing syndrome' with the panic of not finishing on time since exams / uni deadline day.