1985 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
1985 Vw Golf GTi Mk2
1984 Ford Capri 2.8i
1997 Renault Laguna
2000 Nissan Primera
2003 Volvo S60
2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi estate
2001 Bmw 325i
2005 Saab 9-5 Aero (shite, lasted 6 weeks)
2004 Bmw 325i
2008 Audi A5 3.0tdi quattro
2012 Audi A6 Avant
2016 Bmw 330d

Fairly easy to spot the period I was in company cars! And I’ve a couple of old Range Rovers and another 2.8 Capri lost in there somewhere too. [emoji1]

I can barely remember the one I drive now, never mind the various heaps of shite I've driven in the past. Cars are like Hoovers or lawnmowers, you'll probably need to get one at some point, but if you are deriving pleasure from it, there's a serious want with you.

12 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Singer Chamois fastback

Image result for singer chamois

My uncle had one when I was a lad.

I thought they were so cool and wanted one badly.

Then I grew up and they were forgotten. Maybe that was a good thing.

Still pretty though. IMO of course :lol: 

MG Midget
Fiat Coupe 16v
Alfa 156 Sport wagon (blew up)
Renault Grand Scenic x2
Fiat Punto
Alfa GTV (blew up...)
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo (great car)
Saab 9-3 (current)
Volvo XC60 (current)
VW T4 Campervan (current)

Loved the MG but the Fiat Coupe 20 valve turbo was the best by far. Would have another in a heartbeat. Alfas look great but too fragile for me to have another.

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I can barely remember the one I drive now, never mind the various heaps of shite I've driven in the past. Cars are like Hoovers or lawnmowers, you'll probably need to get one at some point, but if you are deriving pleasure from it, there's a serious want with you.

If I think hard I can remember the colours, and the makes. Engine size maybe but 325i xl turbo shite not at all. If it gets too expensive to get through the MOT I take it to the scrappie and buy another. Less than 10 years out of a car means you've been sold a pup.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Oi! As@Trackdaybob says, the Chamois had a certain......elan to it, the Imp a bit more utilitarian. Whichever, in my late teens the young ladies thought they were cool. Attracted a different audience than when I had my Capri. emoji23.png

You also had a Capri 2.8i.  I swapped my Rover with a colleague who had guests for a weekend and wanted a sensible 4 door.  The 2.8 Capri was, as Clarkson would say, the car that wanted to kill you.  I drove from Hackney to Lambourn one Friday in the pishing rain in his 2.8i and it was absolute hell if you got over 40 MPH and deviated from a straight line.

I had two! First time around was great fun in my early 20s and I abso-fucking-lootley loved it. Getting one as a third car in my late 30s as a present to myself was a serious disappointment. They say you should never revisit your heroes and that car proved it in spades. It’s amazing how car engineering had moved on. Slow, terrible ride and thirsty. In fact much like myself these days.

Enjoyed reading through the car chat

I'm 27, passed my test in November 2009

2005 Renault Clio

2009 Vauxhall Astra

2008 Seat Altea XL

2007 Renault Megane

2016 Fiat 500x (current)

2016 Vauxhall Corsa (current)

Hated the Renaults, been pretty happy with everything else. Suspect we'll change the Corsa at some point this year, and the fiat will get replaced next year.

On 11/02/2019 at 17:40, The_Kincardine said:

Car list starting in 1984

Astra Estate
Ford Sierra
Ford Scorpio
Rover Sterling
Rover 827i
Mercedes 190E
BMW 520i
Honda Prelude
Toyota Supra

All the above were before 2000 and all were company cars.  Since I had kids and started buying my own cars:

Audi A4 Estate
Mercedes G-Wagon
Saab 9000
Volvo 850
Volvo V70
VW Golf (x2)

What the hell company were you working for that gave you a Supra?

I'm 10 year this year. I remember I had guys like StewartyMac no believing me. Shows how long I've been on here for

I remember that actually. Time flies.

I made it to five years married together, further 2 and a half separated. A mere bawhair away from divorce now.