Reasons to be Cheerful

51 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Spent yesterday afternoon through in Glasgow sitting in the pub with some of my oldest pals who I saw for the first time since covid, got the train home burst at 730 and had a few hours to sober up before my folks came to stay, first time I've seen them in a year. Out for tea tonight with them and my brother to celebrate our engagement. Nice to have normal weekends back 

Have you got engaged to your brother?

Congratulations anyway.

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Spent yesterday afternoon through in Glasgow sitting in the pub with some of my oldest pals who I saw for the first time since covid, got the train home burst at 730 and had a few hours to sober up before my folks came to stay, first time I've seen them in a year. Out for tea tonight with them and my brother to celebrate our engagement. Nice to have normal weekends back 

Didn't realise you were from fife.

A mere 15 weeks after ordering it, our new suite is coming on Saturday. Since ordering it I've redecorated the living room and got new carpets put in. This is the last bit. 

The second it's in place the wife will find a new room that needs "refreshing".

15 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A mere 15 weeks after ordering it, our new suite is coming on Saturday. Since ordering it I've redecorated the living room and got new carpets put in. This is the last bit. 

The second it's in place the wife will find a new room that needs "refreshing".

She'll probably want the living room done again as it's been so long since you started on it

22 hours ago, keithgy said:

Went into work this morning and they asked me if i was off for the rest of the week,i looked at them blankly and said was not off.It turns out i am off tomorrow and Thursday and had for got i had booked the days off for my grand-daughter starting school and forgot to cancel them.

I booked a couple of days off work in July and somehow convinced myself that it was for the same dates in June. Didn't realise that I'd fucked up until a week into July.

Nobody had noticed I was gone  :ph34r:

Today is the twenty-fifth day I've worked out of the last twenty-six. My weekend is free though and tomorrow I'll fill my belly with smokies, and steak and black pudding pies while watching Thistle extend their lead at the top of the Championship.

Back to work today.
Been getting pains from sciatica since before Christmas and was gradually getting worse until 2 weeks ago when I woke in the middle of the night and couldn’t stand up. Been off work since.
Went up to see a spinal therapist in Perth on the Thursday and (touch wood) not had any bother since.
For the first time in six months can put socks on without being in pain.

6 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

Back to work today.
Been getting pains from sciatica since before Christmas and was gradually getting worse until 2 weeks ago when I woke in the middle of the night and couldn’t stand up. Been off work since.
Went up to see a spinal therapist in Perth on the Thursday and (touch wood) not had any bother since.
For the first time in six months can put socks on without being in pain.

I sympathise.  Got it a couple of years back, half of one leg still numb and probably always will be.

That said there are far worse things with long lasting debilitating effects.

My son left the remote for his telly in my room. He was told to find it by his mum and I found it when I was getting changed. As he clambered about his bed lifting pillows and his quilt etc I’d turn the telly off and on when he wasn’t looking. Ten full minutes passed before the wife said enough was enough. Made me chuckle no end.

Recently complained to Tunnocks as I purchased a bag of Mini Caramel Logs but what was inside was actually Mini Caramel Wafers. No big deal but thought I should bring it to their attention.
Pleasingly they have acknowledged my complaint and today sent me two packets of Caramel Wafers and a Postal Order for £3

image.gif.31193ba5528bc330789c09bd054c1e24.gif