Reasons to be Cheerful

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was supposed to go to Dunfermline today with work. So, my calendar is blanked out and my out of office put on. 

Trip cancelled late yesterday, and I've just left everything as it is.  Today I'll be on P&B, will bottle some homebrew and nip to the shop. 

Skiving...

And you slag off the prof!

I'm off on holiday on Tuesday with Mrs Ranter, the 3 teen Ranters, and Mother Ranter-in-law.  Having done the online checkin, it appears, unfortunately, that we can only get a 3, a 2 and a single seat (window) on the plane, so I'll have to sit on my own.

RTBC on steroids.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Have been asked to change days to cover shifts due to absense/ holidays. This has resulted me being off this weekend that I was supposed to be working and getting a long weekend at the same time.

On 25/06/2023 at 12:10, Boghead ranter said:

I'm off on holiday on Tuesday with Mrs Ranter, the 3 teen Ranters, and Mother Ranter-in-law.  Having done the online checkin, it appears, unfortunately, that we can only get a 3, a 2 and a single seat (window) on the plane, so I'll have to sit on my own.

RTBC on steroids.

Holiday with the mother in law? 

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

• 3 weeks later...

After discovering a couple of weeks ago that Pepsi changed the recipe of their normal drink to have less sugar and be filled with "sweet" chemicals - a change which received so little publicity I didn't realise until three months later, I thought the real stuff was gone for good. I've just discovered that two of the 24 packs I have which were bought after the 'new' cans are the full sugar variety. 

20 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Discovered my old barber who I hadn't been to since pre-covid has moved elsewhere rather than died or disappeared. £10 for an actual haircut, rather than coming out feeling like a shaved lab animal. I might start going more.

Cousin Itt - The Addams Family | TVmaze

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The Women's World Cup games are on in the middle of the night. 

Oh no they’re not

All kick-off times are local. FYI: New Zealand Standard time is two hours ahead of AEST, so subtract two hours from any NZ times listed here to get AEST.

GROUP STAGE

20 July

Group A – New Zealand 1-0 Norway 19:00, Eden Park (Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau)

Group B – Australia 1-0 Republic of Ireland 20:00, Stadium Australia (Sydney/Gadigal)

21 July

Group B – Nigeria 0-0 Canada 12:30, Melbourne Rectangular Stadium (Melbourne/Naarm)

Group A – Philippines v Switzerland 17:00, Dunedin Stadium (Dunedin/Ōtepoti)

Group C – Spain v Costa Rica 19:30, Wellington Regional Stadium (Wellington/Te Whanganui-a-tara)

22 July

Group E – USA v Vietnam 13:00, Eden Park (Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau)

Group C – Zambia v Japan 19:00, Waikato Stadium (Hamilton/Kirikiriroa)

Group D – England v Haiti 19:30, Brisbane Stadium (Brisbane/Meeanjin)

Group D – Denmark v China PR 20:00, Perth Rectangular Stadium (Perth/Boorloo)

23 July

Group G – Sweden v South Africa 17:00, Wellington Regional Stadium (Wellington/Te Whanganui-a-tara)

Group E – Netherlands v Portugal 19:30, Dunedin Stadium (Dunedin/Ōtepoti)

Group F – France v Jamaica 20:00, Sydney Football Stadium (Sydney/Gadigal)

24 July

Group G – Italy v Argentina 18:00, Eden Park (Auckland/Tāmaki Makaurau)

Group H – Germany v Morocco 18:30, Melbourne Rectangular Stadium (Melbourne/Naarm)

Group F – Brazil v Panama 20:30, Hindmarsh Stadium (Adelaide/Tarntanya)

56 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Is that about 3p, you criminals with your comic money....

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Location: Thailand - I don't think people in glass houses should lob made up currencies.

16 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Location: Thailand - I don't think people in glass houses should lob made up currencies.

we live in mud huts, our currency has been going for longer than the dingo dim m8

from VT - swing and miss

Edited by SlipperyP

13 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

we live in mud huts, our currency has been going for longer than the dingo dim m8

from VT - swing and miss

Using VTisms, very poor SP, very poor.