Reasons to be Cheerful

On 17/01/2024 at 14:24, DiegoDiego said:

Can only upload 8mb (and don't really want to spam the forum, either) so it's hard to get a representative selection as places are so different. One was where I had a coffee and sachet of water after picking up my Liberian visa this morning here in Conakry, and the other is from Labe. 

IMG_20240116_131111.jpg

IMG_20240113_182143.jpg

Was there an earthquake while you were in the cafe in the first picture? Just judging by the coffee cup.

16 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

How long before ex-colleagues are asking about the possibility of becoming collegiate again ?

Haven't even left yet, doing my notice period and had some ask already 🤣🤣

Edited by MEADOWXI

35 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Was there an earthquake while you were in the cafe in the first picture? Just judging by the coffee cup.

They fill it to the absolute brim, then spill it whilst carrying it over to you. It's a saucer, not a beermat, so if you're not careful you end up dripping coffee over yourself.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

This is why I enjoy this site. Nobody cares about the main part of the picture, we all just want to pick up on something to rib you about. :lol:

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

This is why I enjoy this site. Nobody cares about the main part of the picture, we all just want to pick up on something to rib you about. :lol:

Haha I know. On the few occasions I have posted a picture of something like food or a beer, I spend five minutes tidying up the background 😄

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Yeah on the very few occasions I’ve posted pics on the Nom Nom Nom thread I’ve made absolutely certain the background is clinically clean.

Always laugh at small hands/ dirty fingernails etc. Bunch of c***s on here tbf! 

On 22/01/2024 at 11:25, jimbaxters said:

So on further observation, they full it to the brim, then the customer adds in his sugar and stirs it, inevitability spilling loads. He* then takes a sip or two then puts the contents of the saucer back into the cup.

(*it's only men in these places)

RTBC:

Random moto driver in the pub: "Ecosse!"

Moi: "Oui"

"Glasgow! Dundee! Hamilton!"

"How do you know Hamilton?"

"Rangers! Celtic!"

"f**k Rangers. f**k Celtic"

"Yes, but do you like Hamilton?"

And people say our game has no fans abroad.