Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

21 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

As a tribute to Bigotfest 2023 last weekend in Larkhall. To the tune of Keisha's Milkshake song:

Their bigotry brings all the scum to the yard.

Their life is sadder than yours, damn right it's sadder than yours

I can teach you but you have to march 

No wonder Jack drinks with this patter in the house.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

images.jpeg

Does the HSE remit not extend to Northern Ireland?  I have worked in offices where you would get a warning not putting a lid on a coffee cup to walk 5 yards yet these bigots are clambering lit bonfires several 10's of metres high without any regard for safety.  Get this nonsense closed down.  What an unbelievable waste of pallets too

48 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Does the HSE remit not extend to Northern Ireland?  I have worked in offices where you would get a warning not putting a lid on a coffee cup to walk 5 yards yet these bigots are clambering lit bonfires several 10's of metres high without any regard for safety.  Get this nonsense closed down.  What an unbelievable waste of pallets too

I'm guessing that those who hold the powers to ban this dangerous nonsense are themselves of an orangey disposition. 

12 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Happy Twelfth to all posters, especially @Wee Bully.

About to tuck into a fry then do a small local parade, followed by our main one in Loughbrickland.

Great to hear the Craigyhill bonfire raised over £5000 for sick child Pia Grace who is undergoing cancer treatment.  Tallest bonfire in the world and capturing positive national media attention.

@Tony Ferrino will be disappointed that the high winds didn't topple it before lighting.

Have a great day all.

I was in Loughbrickland yesterday. Posters unfamiliar with this place will be pleased to hear that it is very rural, very white, full of fat folk and not remotely important. 

14 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Happy Twelfth to all posters, especially @Wee Bully.

About to tuck into a fry then do a small local parade, followed by our main one in Loughbrickland.

Great to hear the Craigyhill bonfire raised over £5000 for sick child Pia Grace who is undergoing cancer treatment.  Tallest bonfire in the world and capturing positive national media attention.

@Tony Ferrino will be disappointed that the high winds didn't topple it before lighting.

Have a great day all.

Exhibit A: They're thick cvnts

I see that once again our state broadcaster is devoting huge chunks of its website to celebrating this shite as if its some harmless gala day.

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Couldn't you just make a spiral staircase out of pallets around the outside? It'd be easier and look nicer as the fire was spreading.

I was actually thinking of a wicker man.

You could put most of NI's politicians in it of both "traditions", set fire to the thing and who's to say the world wouldn't be a better place

38 minutes ago, GTee said:

Is this a bit like Christmas. Where we all celebrate Jesus etc, but really don't know or care what it's all about. An excuse for a party🤷

Only because the Christian church hijacked an ancient midwinter festival. (As they tried to do in summer too, creating St John's Day around the June solstice).

Wow, yesterday was some day.  The people of Loughbrickland and surrounding areas came out in fantastic numbers to see us commemorate the squashing of the Jacobite uprising, securing us freedom, democracy and liberty.

There was a Presbyterian minister in the lodge I paraded with and I can only assume his congregation was unaware, as according to @Wee Bully any OO members in Churches "get chased".  He must keep his lodge membership secret from his parishoners 😁

One wonders how he slipped through the net when doing his theological studies? 😁

Fantastic turnout from brothers, sisters, bandsmen and bandswomen.  I was told by a bandsman, from Newry of all places, that there is a renewed sense of vigour amongst the band community.

"Lots of young yins are joining the bands and lodges here!" he exclaimed as he deftly straightened his peak hat.  "Keep 'er lit!"

Edited by DiamondDan

19 minutes ago, Marten said:

Since you joined P&B you only ever posted about your sectarian bigotfests. Do you also intend to post about football some day or are you just here to spread your hatred & bile?

Hi Marten, if you can provide examples of me spreading hatred and bile then I'll make sure and clean up my act.