Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

That would depend on what he intended to do with the meat cleaver.

I got fired for sticking my finger in a meat cleaver. 

She got off with a written warning. 

Makes you wonder how something like that kicks off.... 

Imagine a fictitious account of such an incident.

"Yes, m'lud, my client was innocently driving down the road with an active chainsaw, minding his own business, when a stationary police car leapt out in front of him. Fearing for his life, he struck the police vehicle and pursued the officers whereupon a dozen officers leapt upon him and unjustly detained him.  Not only does my client demand to be released immediately, he also intends to claim significant compensation."

If ever a pair looked guilty of a particular crime..

Possibly a bit excessive (but hey, they obviously love excess) get them jailed and in the exercise yard, the fat no-good bassas.

Someone throwing some McDonald's wrappers out their car window made the front page of the Stirling Observer today, thoughts and prayers with everyone affected by this.

FB_IMG_1715363433386.jpg

27 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Someone throwing some McDonald's wrappers out their car window made the front page of the Stirling Observer today, thoughts and prayers with everyone affected by this.

FB_IMG_1715363433386.jpg

I'm firmly in the Councillors' camp on this one

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

FB_IMG_1715363433386.jpg

That really annoys me. Unless the burger was still in it.

Wasn’t sure where to post this but in Australian terms 1,532.8 kms is local enough. Cut and paste from another report below he was drinking Tooheys New (4.6% abv) and a schooner in NSW is 425 ml. 

Liquor licence lost after Liquor & Gaming NSW finds man served 22 schooners at Stockton pub

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-10/hunter-woman-loses-liquor-licence-after-man-served-35-drinks/103833006

The former licensee of a Newcastle pub has been banned from holding a liquor licence for two years after a man was served more than 35 standard drinks.

The Saturday Telegraph revealed last month how the NSW Independent Liquor & Gaming Authority (ILGA) had launched an investigation into claims a patron had drunk 22 schooners of Tooheys New and a shot of spirits before collapsing multiple times and having to be carried out by mates.

The drinking session was alleged to have occurred on March 6 in 2021 at the now-closed Gladstone Hotel at Stockton.

The man — who goes by the nickname of “Little John” — was alleged to have consumed his first beer about 11am, before having the equivalent of 35 standard drinks over the course of the next six hours until about 5.30pm.

CCTV from the day is alleged to show the man so intoxicated that he collapses at least four times. Shortly before 5pm, the vision is understood to show him stumbling and holding on to the bar before his friends rally around to move him outside.

15 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

FB_IMG_1715363433386.jpg

Pointing out a meaningless headline with an advert for a plumbing and heating company underneath,  hmmmmm....