The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

It's been a good run in the top league.  But today was a Cathroesque disaster.  As Sporcle has it, a Titanic mind in a world full of icebergs.  4/10.  If it wasn't for obscure groups. historical books, Latin phrases and African Places ... I would have got nothing

Sigh. Don't make me reach for my shiny new banmallet. 
In cup news, 24 hours to go and we're still waiting for a whole host of results. 
  • Cowden0 vs The DA
  • Dee Man vs madwullie
  • Helpma
  • Tynieness
  • MSU 
  • Scotfree
  • Supermik (says he sent it but I have no record of it)
  • The Captain (as above)
  • Wilkinson1998

I'll post the quiz once more... 

1. Until recently, which famous athlete held the world record for the 100m sack race? 
  2. What word can precede ‘beer’, ‘bread’, and ‘nut’ to make well-known terms?
  3.  In 1997, Mike Tyson bit a piece off whose ear during a boxing bout?
  4. Which brand of whisky has an image of Lagopus lagopus scotica on the label?
  5.  In chess, a move in which a player sacrifices a piece in the hope of gaining in the longer term is known as a what? 
  6. ‘The Last King of Scotland’ (2006) was set in which country? 
  7. When TNT is expanded into the full word, how many letters does it contain? 
  8. Bonzo the chimp was one of the two male stars of the film ‘Bedtime for Bonzo’. Who was his human co-star? 
  9. What is the Italian for ‘None shall sleep’? 
  10. Which Caribbean island group has a reptilian name? 
Of course, it all might be a bit moot, as we have a couple more scores in:
  • Bully Wee Villa 6 vs 5 Dyl 
  • Eednud 9 vs 6 deej + 6 WILLIEA
So for the round it's sitting at 4-4 for the round and Scotland: 24.0215 vs RotW: 29.06875 ... by my calculations (and BWV's), Scotland need to win 7 out of the last 9 legs. 

I sent mines yesterday ill resend it now

Sigh. Don't make me reach for my shiny new banmallet. 
In cup news, 24 hours to go and we're still waiting for a whole host of results. 
  • Cowden0 vs The DA
  • Dee Man vs madwullie
  • Helpma
  • Tynieness
  • MSU 
  • Scotfree
  • Supermik (says he sent it but I have no record of it)
  • The Captain (as above)
  • Wilkinson1998

I'll post the quiz once more... 

1. Until recently, which famous athlete held the world record for the 100m sack race? 
  2. What word can precede ‘beer’, ‘bread’, and ‘nut’ to make well-known terms?
  3.  In 1997, Mike Tyson bit a piece off whose ear during a boxing bout?
  4. Which brand of whisky has an image of Lagopus lagopus scotica on the label?
  5.  In chess, a move in which a player sacrifices a piece in the hope of gaining in the longer term is known as a what? 
  6. ‘The Last King of Scotland’ (2006) was set in which country? 
  7. When TNT is expanded into the full word, how many letters does it contain? 
  8. Bonzo the chimp was one of the two male stars of the film ‘Bedtime for Bonzo’. Who was his human co-star? 
  9. What is the Italian for ‘None shall sleep’? 
  10. Which Caribbean island group has a reptilian name? 
Of course, it all might be a bit moot, as we have a couple more scores in:
  • Bully Wee Villa 6 vs 5 Dyl 
  • Eednud 9 vs 6 deej + 6 WILLIEA
So for the round it's sitting at 4-4 for the round and Scotland: 24.0215 vs RotW: 29.06875 ... by my calculations (and BWV's), Scotland need to win 7 out of the last 9 legs. 

Did you receive it this time?

Well, not much point in delving in some heavy-duty analysis of the league tables since it's been a slow start to the season ... pretty sure I've missed off some people, but I've learnt that the quickest way to find this out is not to sift through 6 pages of posts - it's just to show the incomplete league tables. They'll soon make themselves known. 
3--bhl.png.a262c291f98503d495552e598bf16965.png

Knew 4 and guessed periodic table and country for a sexy 6/10.

6 was the score for Tuesday Cardy, unless we've stopped counting guesses? Must re-read the rule book.

2 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

6 was the score for Tuesday Cardy, unless we've stopped counting guesses? Must re-read the rule book.

As you can see in my above post, it's easier to get people to point out my mistakes. 

I could actually configure the league tables so that anybody could edit them. But I remember what happened last time I let Kincardine at it :D

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu