The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

This is the last round of the current quiz league before the winter/summer shut down and the silly buggers at The Australian almost caused a furore as they've forgotten to post today's quiz> Fortunately they gotr round to posting the correct one for Monday 12 December so here it is. Good luck to everyone and Merry Christmas to all of you. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=5733&sectionId=1   Don't know why I bothered as only got 3/10 but knew all of them, colcannon, Oz sports minister & rebellion. Changed the composer from correct answer. So think that's relegation guaranteed for me. 

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

5/10, only sure about the rebellion, total guess on Friends. What happened to you Eednud, you used to be a contender, you could have been somebody..

It's was tough at the top.

Edited by Eednud

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

We have a winner.

Leeds Saint said 14 Billion years if I counted the zeros correctly. That would be close if it was the centre of the Universe rather than the centre of the Galaxy. Another problem is that the boffins say the Universe doesn't have a centre, but I think the Big Bang happened about 14.5 billion years ago.

supermik said 29,000 years, very close, the figure I have is 25,000 years.

supermik progresses to the final.

As far as I know the centre of the universe is where you want it to be, everywhere is the centre.  :thumsup2 It can be a headfuck, but that physics guy told me.

3/10 for Friday. 

All the best for the festive period everyone, I'll be working both weekends and the week in between, I wont be thinking of you.

Today, I'll have a beer, cheers everyone & Cardinal, great work as always, see you all in the future.

6/10 when I honestly would not have been surprised if I got zero. The only two that I was semi-confident of, I got wrong. Been a jammy week for me.
Off to put the lotto on for tomorrow night's mega draw.

The $31m megadraw is Hogmanay, tomorrow is just a piffling $4m.

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

As far as I know the centre of the universe is where you want it to be, everywhere is the centre.  :thumsup2 It can be a headfuck, but that physics guy told me.

What do they know?

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/2015/01/face-hit-NDT-pendulum.gif