The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Bloody hell Deej. Even guessing 3 correctly is a 1 in 64 chance! Don't think I'll ever be that lucky! 

With most of the results in, Deej has rocketed to the top of the league on goal difference. Down at the bottom, I hope Alang1993 is okay!

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Deej 1x© 4x② 1xBZ 5 10       15
2 WhiteRoseKillie 10x© 3x② 8 7       15
3 WILLIEA 1x© 6 7       13
4 Audaces Fortuna Juvat 2x② 7 5       12
5 Eckthearab 6x② 1xBZ 6 6       12
6 The_Kincardine   6 6       12
7 Cardinal Richelieu 1xBZ 7 4       11
8 gkneil   4 6       10
9 Tynieness 1x© 1x② 1xBZ 1 8       9
10 Arabdownunder 3x© 1x② 4 4       8
11 Ross.   3 5       8
12 Jagfox99 2xBZ 4 3       7
13 Frankie S 1x© 1x② 6         6
14 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 3 3       6
15 Scotfree   3         3
16 Alang1993 6x© 3x② 1xBZ           0

In the Homely League, it's as you were. No team has achieved over 6 points yet though!

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Cowden0 1xBZ 6 6       12
2 Livi Lion   6 6       12
3 Eednud 4x② 1xBZ 5 5       10
4 Welshbairn   5 4       9
5 Supermik   5 4       9
6 Marr1   5 4       9
7 pleslie99   3 6       9
8 Swarley   5 3       8
9 Jacksgranda   5 3       8
10 Peasy23   4 4       8
11 BigBo10   4 4       8
12 Dee_62   4 4       8
13 Bully Wee Villa 1x© 3 5       8
14 Blackislekillie 2xBZ 2 6       8
15 SlipperyP   4 4       8
16 Gman_1985   2 5       7
17 Dee Man   4         4
18 Die Hard Doonhamer   3 1       4

On 27/02/2017 at 08:16, eckthearab said:

I hope you took issue with this incorrect answer at the quiz? The original part of the wall built for the Ming dynasty was approx. 5000 miles. They have since discovered many more parts which is why the distance has increased to just over 13,000 miles long. I hope the point dropped didnt cost you the win.

ETA I noticed you still won emoji6.png

I was going to take issue with the QM, but was talked out of it by my team mates, who to be honest were doubting my protestations that the wall was over 13k in length anyway, plus we needed to get away sharpish to get to the next pub quiz.

The Great Wall question was part of a jackpot round, where you had to get all 8 right to scoop the jackpot, but we got the next question wrong anyway ('Who is taller, Tom Hanks or Brad Pitt?). I've since double checked it, and it is 13,170 miles long, according to a variety of sources including the Great Wall of China official website! 

On 27/02/2017 at 11:33, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So a new week, a new hope. Re: Frankie's post... this was the main reason I volunteered to create the quiz each day. However, a majority of people on the people here voted to stay with the Aussie quiz (and it wasn't just the Aussie-based people!) ... you mentioned that you're in a couple of online quiz league type things .. do they not have a daily quiz we could use? Regardless, I hope we don't end up with a PDC / BDO type split. 

The two online leagues I take part in are subscription sites, and subject to copyright protection.

I do regularly write (and accumulate quiz) questions though, so might be up for setting the occasional quiz, even if work commitments would conspire against me doing it regularly.

I was going to take issue with the QM, but was talked out of it by my team mates, who to be honest were doubting my protestations that the wall was over 13k in length anyway, plus we needed to get away sharpish to get to the next pub quiz.
The Great Wall question was part of a jackpot round, where you had to get all 8 right to scoop the jackpot, but we got the next question wrong anyway ('Who is taller, Tom Hanks or Brad Pitt?). I've since double checked it, and it is 13,170 miles long, according to a variety of sources including the Great Wall of China official website! 

I would have went with Tom hanks?