The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

8 for Monday. My previous 8 (on Sunday) was for Tuesday's quiz masquerading as Monday's....I think :huh: 

Got Risk and Gabriel Allon wrong. Guessed most decorated servicewoman question and had a hunch about the Science of Getting Rich book (might have heard it before, but most likely just got lucky).

Edited by Frankie S

16 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Cardi needs to get a grip of this. The power of mod has made him neglect his duties. This thread is descending into chaos! A distinct lack of league tables! No cups and now a calendar meltdown! Any more of this and I'm away to join the breakaway euro league

Haud the fecking bus here! 

• First league tables are posted on Tuesday lunchtime! That will still happen (hopefully)
  • Re: cups... a couple of people volunteered to take up the mantle but never delivered the bacon. I'm mobbed in October but I'll try and crank something up in November. 
  • And I can hardly be held responsible for the Australian making an arse of their quiz dates!

Harrumph :(

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Having read about the chaos, how does one go about joining this mess?

Just post your scores for the top 2 quizzes in this page! http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz-archive, then just do the quiz each day for the rest of the week! Simple as naming the days of the week. 

Oh, and you have to sign a "non-moaning" agreement before entering the league. 

Just post your scores for the top 2 quizzes in this page! http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz-archive, then just do the quiz each day for the rest of the week! Simple as naming the days of the week. 
Oh, and you have to sign a "non-moaning" agreement before entering the league. 

I'm on the app so there's no links on the pages. I'll have a look on the computer the now and get results posted.
I'll only moan if the questions are pish - it won't be my fault I decide not to get a single one right, it'll be the stupid, pish questions!

39 minutes ago, supermik said:

7/10.

You do realise that's the 3rd score you've posted this week? You've already posted a 4 and a 6. WTF?

Anyway, here's the leagues as they stand. A few missing scores - apologies if I've missed you... the Monday / Tuesday mix-up doesn't help, but I guess it's not important which way round the scores go. 

1-prem.png.f4c54ef85ef5d1f3d78144e02abe507f.png

2-steal.png.25a43d10c9991d0e1d4156a2d834458a.png

3--bhl.png.e3ae98aee5ce37a8e323325fb0fc33b0.png

6/10 for the Australian quiz labelled as Monday but published on Tuesday.  Mind you, I got a 6 on the Australian quiz labeled as Tuesday but published on Monday, so I guess the confusion doesn't really matter in the end.  I think there could be a song lurking in there.  

oh, and 9/10 for the fruits/vegetables (damn you, sweet corn!) and 4/10 for the New Zealand quiz - where 9 out of ten of the answers were guesses, and the piano one was a half-guess.  I might be growing addicted to these quizzes, I should go and post on the addictions thread but I've got a couple of sporcles to do as warm up for the pub quiz ....

2 hours ago, MSU said:

My missing score is 7/10.

And so is mine - 7 out of 10 for Monday.  As I posted on Sunday evening. Feck, Cardinals aren't quite as infallible as popes, are they?

Edited by The DA
Avoiding Kinky's apostrophe-checker.