Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 14/04/2022 at 12:42, jimmy boo said:

Just stumbled across Mighty Truckers on Discovery. It follows European truckers on their travels but it's all voiced over by folk with scouse and brummie accents. It's hilarious😁

15 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

It was the Polish couple with the Irish accent that floored me, also memorable for the Dutch lassie who's mum says she get the looks as she has big breasts

Sounds like Eurotrash, which was quality. 

3 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
17 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:
It was the Polish couple with the Irish accent that floored me, also memorable for the Dutch lassie who's mum says she get the looks as she has big breasts

I'm going to have to seek out some more episodes.

Another classy bit was when her maw got approached by a bloke saying I'm your new son in law....even the Dutch have rotten patter

Watched the Gazza documentary last night.   No 'orange' tinted specs for me, anyone who beats up women should get exposed.  The Media are vile right enough but no excuse.  

Few things I hadn't paid much attention to at the time.  I wasnt aware how riled up the English media(and public to a certain degree) got him before the game against us in the Euros.  Bast*rds...if we'd had a good game against the Swiss then maybe he wouldnt have scored 'that' goal.

Secondly I also didnt realise he had that golden chance against the Germans.  When you watch it, its almost like he could have got to it but just doesn't have the legs.  If that had gone in we would never have heard the end of it.    I did watch the game at the time but all I remember really is the penalties.

Also watched 'The Wife, The Husband and the Canoe'.  I'm 46 and there's a lot of TV/film dramatizations coming out these days about true events that happened during my 20s/30s that I only half remember mainly cos I wasn't sitting in front of the news like i do now.  This is one. For some reason I thought he went missing abroad and had no idea of the farce of it all.  Good watch though, Eddie Marsan is great as always and interesting to see Karl Pilkington pop up in an acting role.

5 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Also watched 'The Wife, The Husband and the Canoe'.  I'm 46 and there's a lot of TV/film dramatizations coming out these days about true events that happened during my 20s/30s that I only half remember mainly cos I wasn't sitting in front of the news like i do now.  This is one. For some reason I thought he went missing abroad and had no idea of the farce of it all.  Good watch though, Eddie Marsan is great as always and interesting to see Karl Pilkington pop up in an acting role

I just finished this, felt the police were particularly poor and missed some open goals.

Also no mentioned in the TV series is someone saw him in the bedsit and asked him "are you not meant to be dead". 

Really felt sorry for the wife and the last episode in particular makes you think alot about if good people can do terrible things and do they deserve forgiveness. I think they do provided they show constriction and remorse.

But a great mini TV series and also nice to see Karl on screen again.

8 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Been watching The 1% club the last two Saturday nights. Really enjoying it but I reckon even I could write Lee Mack's gags

Watched it as well tonight. I didn't realise how many ad breaks there are on prime time ITV now, seemed to always be going to a break.

Been watching The 1% club the last two Saturday nights. Really enjoying it but I reckon even I could write Lee Mack's gags
Watched it as well tonight. I didn't realise how many ad breaks there are on prime time ITV now, seemed to always be going to a break.

Went out at the 10% question :(

Went out at the 10% question default_sad.png
We're really enjoying this, but only when we can fast forward through the chat and adverts.

My wee boy is 7, and gets ridiculously upset when he can't get it. He insists on random guesses, and rages when I call him out.

But he actually got the 5% question tonight on his own, and in the time. It was the one about the 'she sells sea shells' rhyme.

Me and the missus got it as well (not a humble brag, as we were both out by that point) - but we were genuinely stunned that he managed to get a question so late in the game.

I would've been a pass on the longest month out of Jan/Jul/Oct question, and then, having no pass left to use, would've been out on the Seashells one.

ETA prior to that I was watching Italy v Scotland in the ladies 6 nations. Sniggering schoolboy was brought out in me when the commentator said "looks like she has a small gash" 🤣

Edited by Boghead ranter

I would've been a pass on the longest month out of Jan/Jul/Oct question, and then, having no pass left to use, would've been out on the Seashells one.
ETA prior to that I was watching Italy v Scotland in the ladies 6 nations. Sniggering schoolboy was brought out in me when the commentator said "looks like she has a small gash" [emoji1787]
That months question was brutal.

On 21/04/2022 at 13:43, 101 said:

I just finished this, felt the police were particularly poor and missed some open goals.

Also no mentioned in the TV series is someone saw him in the bedsit and asked him "are you not meant to be dead". 

Really felt sorry for the wife and the last episode in particular makes you think alot about if good people can do terrible things and do they deserve forgiveness. I think they do provided they show constriction and remorse.

But a great mini TV series and also nice to see Karl on screen again.

She never showed remorse, she pled not guilty and tried to blame it all on her man lol

Flicking through news channels, I still like a wee gander at GB news, and have just caught a glorious interview with the director of amnesty international.

The two presenters lined up the question to back Priti Patel, who has criticized the BBC for being xenophobic against Rwanda (and her plan).

The guy absolutely owned them, pointing out that it was the Patel plan that was xenophobic. Neither presenter could accept this, and kept deflecting back to their rehearsed line (how the f**k they thought amnesty would back them up with this is unknown).

They had one quote (which they brought in as a proper zinger) from the UN last year praising Rwanda. But yer man just pissed on their chips and pointed out the quote was about something completely different.

You could almost hear the editor groaning in the background, but I didn't get to see how it ended as the channel had a technical glitch!

Never change, GB news.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The Murdoch/Moron axis of evil kicks off their "TalkTV" circle jerk for gammony trolls tonight. 

I'd rather sand my glans than watch that. 

The three parter currently available on iPlayer "The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty" is an interesting watch. 

Anyone care to remind me how Morgan's time on GMB came to an end?

He can't have been the guy who someone disagreed with so he too the hump and ran off stage, that can't have been him was it?

Just finished season 1 of Severance, set mainly in a shadowy biotech company called Lumon industries where employees have a chip installed that separates their work and home life, it's weird, dark, creepy and at times funny and uplifting.

Great cast including Adam Scott, Patricia Arquette, John Turturro and Christopher Walken.

It's a slow burner but I absolutely loved it, can't wait for the second season.