Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

5 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

Cat Hotel? We're usually on for a couple of days as pals come in and put food out but anything longer it's going to have to be "a cat holiday".

That's the one, been using it for years and it seems to go up every time. Also really inconvenient pickup/dropoff times. It is a better place compared to others we've seen though tbf (so the cat tells us).

On 02/08/2016 at 22:39, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly got to the stage where I'm just checking this thread to see what biggies cats been doing, can't believe I'm stalking a cat. What a cool wee fucker though.

Same. I'm thinking that last hunting picture didn't end well for Mr Mouse.

I questioned young Muffy's credentials as a proper cat the other day after he brought in a mouse, unscathed, dumped it in the kitchen the fucked off outside to sunbathe, leaving my wife to catch the mouse, and my daughter to ask to keep it as a pet. He upped his game a bit and left me a less lively mouse, garnished with salad this morning.

BC781B78-F7ED-4F28-AD7E-A2B4BD83821B_zps

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Have to quickly scroll past the guts, makes my stomach turn.

Had wee Archie at the Vets today for his follow up and second course of vaccinations. His weight is good, its on the lower side of the range but i suspect he wont be a large cat, so if the vets have no concerns then neither do it. Still a picture of health so im glad. His next follow up in 5 weeks will also be his pre op check up for being neutered. Price for it is pretty reasonable and i was prepared to pay in advance but my Vet has recommended i check with the Cat's Protection League as rather than pay the £50, i can pay £5 instead if i qualify. 

Question, when it comes to disciplining your cats what do you tend to do? I tend to give a stern "No" and if that doesnt work he gets picked up by the scruff and gets a light bop on the nose. It seems to work well but i worry its too much. Any advice would be appreciated

Point out the dimensions of the room you are in and indicate that with the assistance of the cat you will begin measuring forthwith.

4 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Question, when it comes to disciplining your cats what do you tend to do? I tend to give a stern "No" and if that doesnt work he gets picked up by the scruff and gets a light bop on the nose. It seems to work well but i worry its too much. Any advice would be appreciated

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

At the end of the day a cat will do whatever the f**k it wants because it's a c**t, but because they're good c**ts really a bit of discipline can go a long way.

Once they're older I don't like picking them up by the scruff of the neck as this is only how mother cats pick up their kittens. If they misbehave though I will strongly advise a NO and give a tap on the head. 

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

At the end of the day a cat will do whatever the f**k it wants because it's a c**t, but because they're good c**ts really a bit of discipline can go a long way.

Once they're older I don't like picking them up by the scruff of the neck as this is only how mother cats pick up their kittens. If they misbehave though I will strongly advise a NO and give a tap on the head. 

Of course, the scruffing will have to end when he gets older. But it sounds like you use a similar technique to myself, glad to hear it and thanks

I'd like advice from anyone but I know @BigFatTabbyDave in particular has first hand knowledge.

The missus was wanting a female Maine Coon and the breeder's litter we were waiting on arrived last night; 5 boys. Dee Woman is now considering taking one but I don't want the fucker spraying all over the house. She's read that if they're neutered young enough and don't become part of a pack that they don't spray. Anyone know if there's any truth in this? I quite fancy the idea of a big guy cat strutting about but not if he's going to spray even once and stink the place out. 

41 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'd like advice from anyone but I know @BigFatTabbyDave in particular has first hand knowledge.

The missus was wanting a female Maine Coon and the breeder's litter we were waiting on arrived last night; 5 boys. Dee Woman is now considering taking one but I don't want the fucker spraying all over the house. She's read that if they're neutered young enough and don't become part of a pack that they don't spray. Anyone know if there's any truth in this? I quite fancy the idea of a big guy cat strutting about but not if he's going to spray even once and stink the place out. 

We've only ever had one cat that sprayed (a female tabby, bizarrely), and she gave it up after a few weeks of us yelling at her. Ours have always been indoor cats though; I don't know if that makes a difference, as they're stuck in their own little pissy environment if they do it, which can't be pleasant. Depends on the animal, of course, but you'll probably be alright if you've only got the one in the house, as the urge to mark territory won't be as strong. You'll find plenty of hints online about things to try, like leaving sliced lemon in areas that they like to spray.

Certainly couldn't hurt to get him fixed as soon as he hits the right age. I know that the girls are never quite the same if you have them fixed after their first heat; lots of presenting of the hindquarters and all that nonsense. Boys just seem to chill the f**k out.

Best of luck, anyway - the boys generally have more personality, so it might be a blessing in disguise. Little bit jealous, actually.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The woman in my work has one, he's not had the op, doesn't get outside and doesn't spray in the house.