The Alloa Athletic Thread

31 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Andy Graham will get the job this time I think. 

I expect so.

Overall, despite some frustrations, I believe Chipper did a more than decent job for us; not everyone will agree. I wish him well at Livi, where I think he'll do a good job as a number two.

Any assumption that Andy G will definitely do a better job is naive. The big man clearly has some great qualities though and, of course, we all hope he leads us to another spell in the Championship. 

His choice of a management team will be interesting. I see wee Kev has been mentioned already and Robbo IMO is another obvious candidate, along side other names.

Not sad to see him go to be honest. For all Saturday was a very good performance, this season has been an absolute car crash.

The timing is decent as well, a good manager has 7 weeks to assess the squad and then hopefully strengthen the defence especially in January.

@Ludo*1 we need some of your renowned skills for a managerial poll. @Kevchenko , @KierenAAFC and the other knowledgeable Wasps fans will have some good inputs as to who they would like and think could be in the reckon. Sure big Andy Graham will be in contention.

I wouldn't be surprised if McIntyre was in the running given he lives relatively local (Dunblane), did an alright job with us in all fairness although he wasn't a fans favourite, and will be looking for a way back in. Not sure that would be the most popular of appointments.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

@Ludo*1 we need some of renowned skills for a managerial poll. @Kevchenko , @KierenAAFC and the other knowledgeable Wasps fans will have some good inputs as to who they would like and think could be in the reckon. Sure big Andy Graham will be in contention.

I wouldn't be surprised if McIntyre was in the running given he lives relatively local (Dunblane), did an alright job with us in all fairness although he wasn't a fans favourite, and will be looking for a way back in. Not sure that would be the most popular of appointments.

If you're touting out of work ex Queens managers then Fowler could be a shout if he doesn't get the Clyde gig.

Edited to say if the games a bit meh, there could be a lot of crowd watching tomorrow. 

Edited by bod

8 minutes ago, bod said:

If you're touting out of work ex Queens managers then Fowler could be a shout if he doesn't get the Clyde gig.

Edited to say if the games a bit meh, there could be a lot of crowd watching tomorrow. 

Ian McCall another one who might be tempted? Possibly holding out for something more local or a Championship gig.

Mick Kennedy, Darren O'Dea, Billy Dodds could be contenders

We never hire in the merry go round of names. It's always left field so I'm fairly certain that there'll be none of this Billy Dodds daftness.

I don't have to think long back to Ian McCall's grudge against us either so I have my doubts he'd rock up any time soon.

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

We never hire in the merry go round of names. It's always left field so I'm fairly certain that there'll be none of this Billy Dodds daftness.

I don't have to think long back to Ian McCall's grudge against us either so I have my doubts he'd rock up any time soon.

Billy Dodds might have been a outside shout granted. Interesting to hear some of the names Alloa fans think are in the reckoning.

Would the consensus be to give Andy a chance?

31 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ian McCall another one who might be tempted? Possibly holding out for something more local or a Championship gig.

Mick Kennedy, Darren O'Dea, Billy Dodds could be contenders

Didn't mention McCall for that specific reason, no disrespect to Alloa.

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Yogi's CV being couriered as we type.... :whistle

Yogi or rather his ego still believes he can manage in the premier league, usually if there's a vacancy going  he's on sportsound openly touting himself for the job. If he really wants back into management at some point he's going to have to bite the bullet and start further down the ladder. Although the Livi situation might be interesting when Martindale eventually pisses off then you might see him back at Livi with his pal Ricey.