The Alloa Athletic Thread

Scott Burns has you guys in for Hetherington, presume we will have an offer on the table too. Never got to see the best of him due to Colin Hamilton's injury meaning he was deployed at left back, but would like to see him back. Couldn't blame him for heading back to Alloa though given his connections to the club.

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Scott Burns has you guys in for Hetherington, presume we will have an offer on the table too. Never got to see the best of him due to Colin Hamilton's injury meaning he was deployed at left back, but would like to see him back. Couldn't blame him for heading back to Alloa though given his connections to the club.

We shall See I would have thought he would hold out for a full time gig  , but it is possible 

Are Arbroath not keen on him?

We need a decent goalkeeper. I thought League 1 was a step too far for young Hogarth last season. He probably would have benefited from a stint in league 2 . He will be better for his time with us but he struggled at times . Good luck to him 

9 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

We shall See I would have thought he would hold out for a full time gig  , but it is possible 

Are Arbroath not keen on him?

Course we are 

10 hours ago, Half Time Show said:

Cove going full time next season so that's another full time team we'll be up against for a playoff place next campaign 

So what, it’ll be the absolute dregs like the rest of the FT players in this league 

Hetherington would give us a bit of steel in the middle of the park that was perhaps absent at times. I'd think he would slot into our current team pretty well. And because he can play full back too means he will probably be an attractive prospect. I don't think I've ever felt so sympathetic to a player as I was for Kevin Cawley at Hamilton in that first half. I never want to see him play right back ever again 😀

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

5 minutes ago, Dink said:

Kev Cawley signs on for next season. Excellent news.

So, that's the right back position sorted. 😇

Hopefully he asked for a not to be played at RB/rwb clause.

On 19/05/2023 at 10:15, Kevchenko said:

Would take Stevie back in a heartbeat. 

Would seem a good fit picking up Murray Miller’s role from this season. 

Just need to get Flanny out of retirement to get the band back together. 

Heatherington signed  again  yesterday 

Glad to see Cawley signed up again for another season, will be good to see Hetherington back too if that one is true. 

Goalkeeper is the one position I'd like to see some news on soon. Especially with Jamieson signing for stenhousemuir. 

As much as I'd like to see both sammon and maciver both still with the club next season I think it's clear to see both on the park at the same time doesn't seem to work too great. Would love to see Andy Graham still at the club as a coach next season. 

2 minutes ago, Half Time Show said:

Would love to see Andy Graham still at the club as a coach next season.

I’d try to keep him as a player to be honest. 

Think defense (and keeper) is going to be our biggest area with turnover next season so would keep Andy for another season in a playing capacity if possible. 

Thinking of the times he came in to the team at difficult times this season (when we were being scudded by Airdrie, Durnan being injured in a warm up pre game, ravaged with injuries) and he stepped in and was solid. 

I know there are risks against pace but would never have said Andy was the quickest anyway, and he still reads the game better than anyone. Maybe not ideal in a back 4 but wouldn’t hesitate sticking him in the middle of a 3, particularly if there are potentially young guys either side of him. 

It's good to get confirmation that Scougall is signed up for next year as well.

On the Andy Graham question I'd be happy to see him sign up for next year, albeit only to be used sparingly. Regardless of whether he signs on to play again I'd certainly like to see him kept on in some capacity.

58 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

I’d try to keep him as a player to be honest. 

Think defense (and keeper) is going to be our biggest area with turnover next season so would keep Andy for another season in a playing capacity if possible. 

Thinking of the times he came in to the team at difficult times this season (when we were being scudded by Airdrie, Durnan being injured in a warm up pre game, ravaged with injuries) and he stepped in and was solid. 

I know there are risks against pace but would never have said Andy was the quickest anyway, and he still reads the game better than anyone. Maybe not ideal in a back 4 but wouldn’t hesitate sticking him in the middle of a 3, particularly if there are potentially young guys either side of him. 

Actually, you're probably right on that one. Possibly a player-coach could be an option for next season, of course if that's what Andy wanted, there is the possibility he still just wants to play. 

2 minutes ago, Half Time Show said:

Actually, you're probably right on that one. Possibly a player-coach could be an option for next season, of course if that's what Andy wanted, there is the possibility he still just wants to play. 

Would love to see him in that type of role. 

Andy seems like the kind of guy who will never not want to play!

4 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Would love to see him in that type of role. 

Andy seems like the kind of guy who will never not want to play!

Agreed and as you said earlier he is still definitely dependable when called upon. His ability to read a game and his leadership skills probably make up for any lack of pace.