Tinder

I’ve been on Bumble for a while, all I ever get is women who either have a photo of some “deep” message or one that’s been through at least two of those damn silly filter things.

Now, I might no be the best looking but I’m not going to reply unless I have a clue what you really look like (not because I’m looking for a supermodel, I just despise the fake ness)

• 1 month later...
On 11/09/2020 at 18:19, evaa smith said:

I think Ashley Madison Website is better then tinder.. but it got hacked some time ago so online dating is not secure as it looks but you can check real reviews on LINK REMOVED as compare to tinder

ASL?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

On 11/09/2020 at 18:19, evaa smith said:

I think Ashley Madison Website is better then tinder.. but it got hacked some time ago so online dating is not secure as it looks but you can check real reviews on LINK REMOVED as compare to tinder

Bot, bot are you sure?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

• 7 months later...

So, with lockdown easing and the world starting to open up again, and after a year of working from home, while living alone, loneliness has gotten the better of me and I have made the foolish decision to dip my toe back into the online dating world. It is truly the most depressing place for a below average looking man like myself.

The worst part is how much I end up clinging to any match I get, purely down to how few there are, only to be ignored in 9 out of 10 cases. 

I surely can't be the only one having this experience of dating apps? 

2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

So, with lockdown easing and the world starting to open up again, and after a year of working from home, while living alone, loneliness has gotten the better of me and I have made the foolish decision to dip my toe back into the online dating world. It is truly the most depressing place for a below average looking man like myself.

The worst part is how much I end up clinging to any match I get, purely down to how few there are, only to be ignored in 9 out of 10 cases. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about being ignored, I tend to get a few matches a day and either get ignored or exchange a few messages and it doesn’t go anywhere. A lot of women aren’t on it to meet someone, they’re just on it “for a look”. There’s loads of tips out there on how to make your profile better/more appealing (avoid group pics, have a decent bio etc) 

2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Not sure how well used it is up in Scotland but down South for me I found that when I deleted tinder and moved to Hinge, it yielded much better results for me. As a minimum, I found that the girls who were using Hinge were genuinely interested in dating whereas a lot of tinder users were bored lassies swiping around to pass the time but rarely/never actually messaging back. With Hinge you'd usually get at least a bit of chat to establish whether there it was worth organising a date or not.

I'm sure there is one of these apps that the woman has to make the first move and message you first, maybe a good option for you if you think you're going in too heavy and cant help yourself.

59 minutes ago, Empty It said:
10 hours ago, Stevie Aitken said:

I'm sure there is one of these apps that the woman has to make the first move and message you first, maybe a good option for you if you think you're going in too heavy and cant help yourself.

That's Bumble and yeh tends to be better than Tinder

I've made an account before and felt so cringed out by the whole thing I deleted it moments after. This feeling is probably exacerbated by the fact I live in a rural location so it would all feel too familiar. 

Edited by Stormzy

10 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about being ignored, I tend to get a few matches a day and either get ignored or exchange a few messages and it doesn’t go anywhere. A lot of women aren’t on it to meet someone, they’re just on it “for a look”. There’s loads of tips out there on how to make your profile better/more appealing (avoid group pics, have a decent bio etc) 

my experience of my 6 months on tinder back in 2018

90% won't match with you

of those who do 90% won't chat with you

of those who do chat 90 % will say a few lines then stop replying ( ghosting)

of those who keep chatting around 75 % won't be interested in a face to face meeting

BUT when who you do  get to meet face to face , the chances of getting your hole are actually pretty decent

I only met up 7 burds whilst I was on it but I pumped 4 of them , all on the first meeting .

it's just a numbers game.