The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

I remember very little of Gow, which I suppose says something in itself.

I thought one of the reasons Saints fans didn't like him was the fact he turned us down a couple of times.

Actually, FWIW, thought he looked decent against NYC.

We're clearly looking for an attacking midfielder to cover the gap left with McLean's departure.

I thought it was going to be Sadlier, but with Gow's arrival we seem to have two players for that slot.

Trying to be positive, is this not 'last chance saloon' territory for Gow?

If so, hopefully he'll be keen to prove a few people wrong?!

He doesn't need to prove anyone wrong. He is a poser footballer who got his big pay day at Rangers and was set for life after that move.

Look at the difference between him and Broadfoot when they both signed a pre contract with Rangers. He didn't give a f**k then, why would he give a f**k now playing for our club who are in a relegation battle?

I don't think there is anything positive in this signing other than the fact he isn't Nacho Novo.

Hope he proves me wrong but I don't have any sort of expectation with this signing.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadlier was injured on Saturday.

Strange that Teale didn't mention this in his post match interview.

Kieran will be involved sooner rather than later, he’s got qualities as well but I just felt there were other boys who could go and do a job for us coming off the bench.”

No mention of an injury.

Marwood, Caldwell, Ball, Arquin and Gow all in the same season. Ooft.

It's a cunning plan from a BoD who downed tools ages ago - allow JD Sports to produce the worst strip in a generation, then fill the kiddies pirate costumes masquerading as our home shirt with the worst signings in a generation, in order to achieve the worst home league record in a generation. No, cancel that, it's the worst home league record in the club's entire history.

It's such a cunning plan our next signing will be Baldrick himself.

It's a cunning plan from a BoD who downed tools ages ago - allow JD Sports to produce the worst strip in a generation, then fill the kiddies pirate costumes masquerading as our home shirt with the worst signings in a generation, in order to achieve the worst home league record in a generation. No, cancel that, it's the worst home league record in the club's entire history.It's such a cunning plan our next signing will be Baldrick himself.

When you put it like that it sounds like their equivalent of Brewster's Millions. Not sure what the end benefit will be in this version though.

Sadlier was injured on Saturday.

This signing is a bit meh. There is much out there at this time of the season.

If it works it works, if not then... Least we took a punt. And not an expensive punt at that. I believe there's still scope to bring in one more, and it will likely be one of the Bulgarian defender or Norwegian midfielder who are currently on trial.

Apparently he was fit and available according to the manager, baffling wtf is going on ?

Archived