The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from Kelly, Naismith and Mallan, pretty much the rest of the squad can GTF for next season's rebuild.

Although I'd keep Jim obviously, could do a job in the Championship next season.

Apart from Kelly, Naismith and Mallan, pretty much the rest of the squad can GTF for next season's rebuild.

Although I'd keep Jim obviously, could do a job in the Championship next season.

I wouldn't be bothered about getting rid of Kelly tbh, I don't think he's anywhere near as good a prospect as Naismith or Mallan.

Who do we have under contract for next season anyway?

Not listed on suspension list - here

Actually he is, on the outstanding suspensions page near the end, but he's already served his two game suspension thus proving, remarkably, that the Scottish Football Association sometimes get things wrong. Christ knows if that last page is remotely up-to-date.

Not many according to this ;

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-mirren-fc/vertragsende/verein/465/vertragsendeJahr/2015

That's probably a good thing. Although I don't see Teale there, surely he's not contracted say player till 2016? :unsure:

That's a bit worrying actually, it'll be a serious rebuilding job in the summer whatever happens.

The ones under contract are Naismith, Kelly, Ridgers, Mallan, McLear, Goodwin and Teale. The latter two got two year player/coach deals in the summer so they'll need paid off if we have no desire to have them in any role at the club next season - be it player, manager, coach or teaboy. Can't see that happening given our board's previous which is why I think Teale will be in charge regardless.

Thompson said on Sportsound the contracts have a clause that the salaries half if we go down.

The thought of Mark Ridgers being our first choice keeper for another season fills me with utter dread.

The goalkeeper situation is a strange 1, Kello had a couple of bad games but he is a far better keeper than Ridgers.

This will the third relegation of my lifetime. Of course I can counter that with the fact I've also seen us lift both major cup competitions and two second tier titles but that's little comfort at the moment. Been scunnered for the last few weeks with regards to Saints but all part of a Buddie I suppose.

Some job needed just to tread water in the Championship next year I fear.

Would the Bud's not be better getting a new boss in, so he could assess what he's got before next season starts? As, going by last nights display, Teale & Goodwin haven't got it.

Would the Bud's not be better getting a new boss in, so he could assess what he's got before next season starts? As, going by last nights display, Teale & Goodwin haven't got it.

David Longwell is assistant, not Goodwin. Mind you, I wouldn't want Goodwin as manager either. I'd take him as some sort of PR guy though, seeing as he winds everyone up so much.

At the game last night I was talking to some people and apparently Aberdeen were the only club asking about McLean in January. St Mirren needed the money so badly they said they'd take a few hundred thousand for him if we bought him there and then.

Just what I heard, no reason to doubt them but if true it's quite alarming surely?

Obsessed, surely!

Archived