The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to him, definitely not the best defender in the world but you could see playing for us meant a lot and he put in 100% every game... even if at 100% he's still shit. That's far more than the rest of the team out there. Hope he gets picked up by someone, reckoned he could have done an okay job in the Championship for us.

This shows we really have chucked this season. It would raise serious issues about sporting integrity, but for the fact we have now just to play each bottom half team one more time.

There'll be some money to be made in the handicap odds in our next five games.

Who'll boost their goal difference by the most, I wonder?

I amnt overly concerned as I do not rate him as a player at all. In fact I think he's awful, but the best we've got (no wonder we are where we are).

What this does suggest though is that there could be unrest behind the scenes? He did come out and say that Danny shouldn't have been sacked, despite has dad (I assume) being part of that decision.

All just speculation obviously, but don't think he walked out 6 weeks before his contract ended just to save us a few grand.

I think he might be out for the rest of the season so letting him go seems fair enough. On the other hand, if Teale has made the decision that makes you think he'll be in charge next season.

Goodwin and Genev are suspended for the next game. Reilly in defence?

I think he might be out for the rest of the season so letting him go seems fair enough. On the other hand, if Teale has made the decision that makes you think he'll be in charge next season.

Probably be Williams and Baird. Teale did say he would give more of the U20s a shot in the last few games.

I dread to think who Tommy Craig would have replaced him with :lol:

Worrying thought! Although Plummer looked alright.

Makes sense. Certainly not concerned or panicking, makes sense to get stuff like this sorted asap. He won't be the last player out of the door. Ironically i thought McAusland would have done alright in the Championship

Worrying thought! Although Plummer looked alright.

Makes sense. Certainly not concerned or panicking, makes sense to get stuff like this sorted asap. He won't be the last player out of the door. Ironically i thought McAusland would have done alright in the Championship

It makes sense to sort out the manager first, then decide who is staying or going. Could be a new manager would have liked to keep Cheesy.

Remember too the board claiming two days ago they weren't doing anything until they knew which division we were playing in and Teale was in charge until the end of the season.

It makes sense to sort out the manager first, then decide who is staying or going. Could be a new manager would have liked to keep Cheesy.

Remember too the board claiming two days ago they weren't doing anything until they knew which division we were playing in and Teale was in charge until the end of the season.

I think everyone connected to the club knows we need a clearout, i have a feeling this was over Teale's head. Gilmour was on the radio a few days ago saying tough decision will need to be made, this is the first. Or maybe McAusland let the club know he wouldn't be signing a new deal.

The manager should be the priority but I don't see McAusland leaving as a big deal really.

Strange one?

Be as well clearing most of them out if they're going down this road.

Really sad way for Cheesy to leave the club though. :(

That´s what gets me. OK, he had his limitations as a player, but he wasn´t the worst player to pull on the stripes during his time here, and he always gave his all. He deserved a send off from the fans. I think the vast majority of fans would have appreciated his efforts.

I remember St Mirren playing County in Dingwall in the League Cup in 2010, it would have been Cheesy's first start. He looked like bit like a young centre-back playing at right-back, but he played really well and I thought he had a promising future ahead of him.

Would anyone bet against him joining Morton? Does he have a chance at staying in the top flight? I don't think any of the bottom six clubs are likely to be struggling for centre-backs.

I remember St Mirren playing County in Dingwall in the League Cup in 2010, it would have been Cheesy's first start. He looked like bit like a young centre-back playing at right-back, but he played really well and I thought he had a promising future ahead of him.

Would anyone bet against him joining Morton? Does he have a chance at staying in the top flight? I don't think any of the bottom six clubs are likely to be struggling for centre-backs.

A guy that's pals with him on our forum has hinted he's had an offer from a team out with the UK.

I couldn't see another bottom 6 team touch any of our players based on this season.

Can´t see him staying in the top flight to be honest. Alloa would seem a possible destination with Lennon there now. At times he looked good (although he was never particularly good at right back), but he always had a mistake in him, and often it cost us. To be fair to him, he never really played along side an established centre half that could have helped him when he was breaking through.

I find it difficult to criticise him too much because you could see what it meant to him. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Archived