The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Elections are weird aint they. ;)

I'll be honest, I never even knew who he was so didn't bother voting for him because I assumed it would be some random academy player, so went for McLean. If I'd known at the time, he definitely would have got my vote!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Mirren fans have voted to give the B&WA PotY award to Aaron Woodall, a junior academy player who is battling a brain tumour.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/39805-b-w-army-player-of-the-year-2014-2015-result/

Genuinely touching gesture. Get well soon, wee man.

Well played St Mirren., and from a Motherwell fan too.

Yep. Nice move St Mirren fans. Though it perhaps could be argued that he genuinely would have been player of the year had he been in the first team anyway.

Like giving the Goal of the Month to that Celtic fan, this is a nice thing.

Does that mean he got 15% of the vote?

No.

The vote from the fans side went in a Eurovision style points system. 10 for your POTY, 9 for 2nd etc. So essentially it was ranking the top 10 players over a season.

It wouldn't of been a pretty neat summation of St Mirrens season if they'd accidentally voted him second or something instead

Top 10?!? Bet that was a struggle.

You have no idea! Honestly, I went Aaron>Kenny>Goodwin>Mallan>... then started to struggle. :lol:

This was a very nice way to let the St Mirren senior players know what we thought of them, too. It's a lovely, genuine gesture, with an underlying two fingers up to our undeserving squad.

Aaron won the B&W Army POTY award, and an Aberdeen player came second. In allocating my own vote, in a Eurovision style vote, I awarded Aaron 12 points, Kenny McLean 11 points, and Marc McAusland 10 points - as he has now left us, was a fan, a 2013 League Cup winner, and a trier.

After that, I didn't want to vote for, or award points to, any of them. However, the voting process demanded that I allocate my remaining points to someone, so after Aaron, Kenny and Cheesy, I randomly clicked names, only pausing to make sure I hadn't clicked anywhere fcuking near the names 'Arquin', 'Gow' or 'Wylde'.

Div pitched the idea of including Aaron very well. It would obviously be stupid to deny it could be seen as a device to illustrate how shite most of our first team squad have been, but that was not the main thrust of it - as that would be cynically using a young kid's battle with cancer to make a bitter point at our team. It was done to highlight Aaron's battle in its own right, to recognise a St Mirren academy kid's fighting qualities, and to give the wee fella' a boost if he won lots of votes. He won so many votes he came out on top. Hopefully it really does give him a wee lift when he sees his name up there on places like the BBC website and when he gets his award.

Excellent stuff from the club.

Since Kenny left in January, that makes Jim Goodwin the moral runner-up IMO. Well deserved.

What have the club got to do with this vote? I don't mean this in a cheeky way - genuinely, I have read a few comments saying 'well done the club' etc. Unless I missed something, and I am happy to stand corrected, this is nothing to do with the club, it is purely the voting results of supporters through the main St Mirren supporters fan forum.

The club haven't even mentioned the result on the club website, whereas the BBC and other agencies are running the story visibly.

What have the club got to do with this vote? I don't mean this in a cheeky way - genuinely, I have read a few comments saying 'well done the club' etc. Unless I missed something, and I am happy to stand corrected, this is nothing to do with the club, it is purely the voting results of supporters through the main St Mirren supporters fan forum.

The club haven't even mentioned the result on the club website, whereas the BBC and other agencies are running the story visibly.

Fair point but then would the club normally run a story on the winner of the B & W Army POTY? Can't recall if they do being as it's an unofficial forum.

St Mirren fans have voted to give the B&WA PotY award to Aaron Woodall, a junior academy player who is battling a brain tumour.

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/39805-b-w-army-player-of-the-year-2014-2015-result/

Genuinely touching gesture. Get well soon, wee man.

What a lovely gesture. Well done Buddies ????????

Fair point but then would the club normally run a story on the winner of the B & W Army POTY? Can't recall if they do being as it's an unofficial forum.

Under normal circumstances, should, let's say, Stevie Thompson win POTY, then I wouldn't expect the story / result to be reported anywhere, other than the result being made known on B&W Army itself. Under these circumstances however, it is a genuine story, so.... Anyway, reading back this thread, I was right in thinking there were more than a few 'Well done St Mirren, well done the club' comments. I just haven't seen where the club have done anything to be slapped on the back.

Under normal circumstances, should, let's say, Stevie Thompson win POTY, then I wouldn't expect the story / result to be reported anywhere, other than the result being made known on B&W Army itself. Under these circumstances however, it is a genuine story, so.... Anyway, reading back this thread, I was right in thinking there were more than a few 'Well done St Mirren, well done the club' comments. I just haven't seen where the club have done anything to be slapped on the back.

I know what you're saying, just another example of the poor comms from the club this season.

Along with everything else they've done poorly.

I don't think they do, but this is a special case. They should have ran a story on the website.

Aye, saved me composing a post.

Archived