The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A proper application and interview process this time, please.

Have no idea who will apply let alone who will get it to be honest. Could be some unheard of Argentine, could be Gary Teale.

Shall be an interesting summer either way.

There's a few who, if they apply of course, I wouldn't mind seeing.

Stevie Aitken and Ian Murray are probably both out of our scope seeing as they are in gainful employment and would require a fee to change hands.

Usual suspects like Calderwood and Adams may not be that bad although both are bellends. Billy Reid is a nono though.

Steve Lomas would be a good choice as well and even though the Mor10 fans will scoff at the idea, so might Kenny Shiels.

Should be interesting either way. I expect it to be a totally left field appointment though.

There's a few who, if they apply of course, I wouldn't mind seeing.

Stevie Aitken and Ian Murray are probably both out of our scope seeing as they are in gainful employment and would require a fee to change hands.

Usual suspects like Calderwood and Adams may not be that bad although both are bellends. Billy Reid is a nono though.

Steve Lomas would be a good choice as well and even though the Mor10 fans will scoff at the idea, so might Kenny Shiels.

Should be interesting either way. I expect it to be a totally left field appointment though.

I think we are going to be very dependant on our youth academy over the next couple of years, Shiels wouldn't be the worst option in that respect however we'd be as well appointing Danny again.

According to Dumbarton fans they don't think Murray's compensation would be much of an issue. They seem to think part of the agreement of him signing a new deal was if a full time team came in for him they wouldn't stand in his way. I think we could have a better chance of getting him than most think.

I predict GT will be offered the chance to be the Assistant to the new manager so if GT accepts that the new guy can't bring his own man in, for at least the first season anyway.

I'd be astounded if Lomas was an option, he'd be pretty bad for you lot too I'd imagine, not a good fit.

Ian Murray seems the obvious one, have to assume he'll be thinking he's just about peaked at Dumbarton, and with you lot being one of the bigger sides in the Championship next season, but also having lower expectations, it will be very appealing for a younger manager.

Our u20 team just beat Celtic u20 4-3 tonight. Lewis Morgan following on from his assist at the weekend with a brace this evening, should be another one to look out for next season.

I've no idea who that is, but we've hired worse. Let's do it

Former Saints legend. I met him in Byres Road Safeway (now Waitrose) a good wee while ago).

Former Saints legend. I met him in Byres Road Safeway (now Waitrose) a good wee while ago).

If you'd spotted him in Asda at Linwood he'd be a shoe-in.

Archived