The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Heard your in for mannus.

Watch st Johnstone fans tell everyone how he's not that great now and Zander Clark is the better keeper etc...

As HSF says, on the Saints forum folk have been calling for Clark to start for a while now. I'm not one of them though.

Can fully understand why Mannus would want a move tbh, its not like McInnes signed him previously only to leave him rotting on the bench...

A bad weekend all in, but an important one moving forward. It has shown the need for 4 or 5 first team quality signings in the coming months. Currently, we are too predictable to play against - if you stop McGinn and Hayes, we have very little creative spark and generally we don't go on to win the game, as has been evidenced in our games against Partick Thistle and Hearts. Too often, we also have a number of "big players" for us who simply do not have sufficient character in big games.

For me, the squad needs a number of positions refreshed - A new goalkeeper, another sitting midfielder with a big character, a creative midfielder and a striker that is better than Goodwillie.

The loss of Ward is a real shame, but it is fair enough, Bogdan is a total liability. It's a shame considering it looks like Scott Brown will be number 1 for the rest of the season for us. He clearly is not good enough. If we do recall Rogers, I'd like to see him given an extended run in the team.

As for the rest of the season, all we can do is try to wrap up second now, as we don't have enough character or bottle to challenge a poor Celtic outfit.

Wish I shared your sense of inevitability on that one.

Nonetheless it does stand counter to those complaining that your season was over

3 times I've watched hearts and I'm not that impressed with them on any of the games I've watched although Hearts did deserve to win on Saturday. Still class us a fair bit ahead of you guys but if you said 18 months ago you would be in 3rd I suppose you would have taken that.

Agree with most of Bucksburns post above but I think you're dreaming if you think we'll get more than 1 or two new faces in January.

To be fair to Bucksburns post he did say the coming months. Normally you don't do much business in the January transfer window so if we don't lose any players then I would expect about 2 or 3 players to come in and Danny Rogers to come back since we have lost 3 loan players on this transfer window (2 of them shite!)