The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I just find the pic of him holding the scarf a bit nauseating but he's not what they need, isn't going to be the nasty c**t they want to rile up Brown. He's a decent signing for them but not a league winning one, realistically. I think we will be able to replace him fairly comfortably, anyway. Just a sickener for the fans. The abuse before he moved was unjustified; now it's fully warranted. Just a stupid move to make on so many levels (footballing, possibility of not getting your wages, the goldfish bowl), but if you triple your wage (before they go bust) then fair enough, I guess.

Hope it doesn't work out for him.

Jack is a good player but a product of our youth system, and an Aberdonian at that, signing for the **** , when he didn't need to, is a bitter pill to swallow.

Edit: but yeah he's replaceable. And he's not as good now as he probably was two years ago.

No real surprises here, I have had a few run in’s with him in the past, the guys a complete simpleton.  Could never imagine him running a dressing room.

The funny thing is rangers fans think we are being bitter now he has singed for them when the majority of fans have thought he was a weakness for years. I think he is a decent footballer, but not one worth the reported 10k a week he is getting there.

If I was offered Jack or Shinnie to be my ball winning midfielder it would be Shinnie every time. I don’t think the guy will have the stomach to deal with the rangers fans as soon as they are on his back, and they will be, he will sh*t the bed.

Recently I saw DM say that our first team (and I can't recall if it was team or squad) total weekly wage bill was around 42K.

If Jack's pay at Sevco is the abovementioned 10K, and Alves is on the rumoured 12K,  it seems they are determined not to learn the lessons of the past. I know we get frustrated at losing players, but if someone offers you 4 times your wages for doing the same job, you'd take it. 

Ryan Who ?

Torino/Napoli/Everton

Ends up @ Sevco.

Says it all really. Not as good as he used to be. Not as good as he apparently thinks he is and certainly not half the physical enforcer the zombies seem to think they've signed. Enjoy your cash Judas, make sure you get it up front though.

Think he is tbh. Seen a lot of both. For me Jack is such a nothing player. Had a decent game on Saturday mind.

Jack does a lot off the ball, that's where he thrives. It's the unglamorous work, so if you're not really watching him you're not gonna notice him. Sorry if that sounds highly patronising.

They're not players that can really be compared in much way, statistically or otherwise, so I guess it's personal preference.

2 hours ago, jmothecat said:

Jack is a good player but a product of our youth system, and an Aberdonian at that, signing for the **** , when he didn't need to, is a bitter pill to swallow.

Edit: but yeah he's replaceable. And he's not as good now as he probably was two years ago.

Yeah, but he's a Rangers fan for some unfathomable reason.

Think he is tbh. Seen a lot of both. For me Jack is such a nothing player. Had a decent game on Saturday mind.

I think they're very different types. Jack is unfortunately still a top drawer water carrier, although he is a bit lightweight.

I hope the extra money compensates him for the eternal damnation of his mortal soul. *** p***k.

39 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Says it all really. Not as good as he used to be. Not as good as he apparently thinks he is and certainly not half the physical enforcer the zombies seem to think they've signed. Enjoy your cash Judas, make sure you get it up front though.

We've never thought that.  He does, though, put in a good shift.  As Pedro said:

I also believe that we identified in him something that we need in our midfield which is leadership and understanding the game in terms of being the balance player who builds from the back, who switches the play, who releases the full backs and allows all the offensive players to go up the park with more freedom.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I hope the extra money compensates him for the eternal damnation of his mortal soul. *** p***k.

Not that you're being dramatic about it.

18 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Jack does a lot off the ball, that's where he thrives. It's the unglamorous work, so if you're not really watching him you're not gonna notice him. Sorry if that sounds highly patronising.

They're not players that can really be compared in much way, statistically or otherwise, so I guess it's personal preference.

Stats wise, Jack and Halliday are virtually similar. I think Tansey is worse defensively than both, but better going forward, and in general, is a more rounded player.

Tin hat on, but the way he was treated by a number of Aberdeen fans when the Rangers move was only speculation (at the time), I don't blame him for leaving. He got abuse from the stands every week for being a shite captain too.

Still a snake, mind you.