The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

McInnes has had Rooney, May, Cosgrove, Wilson and Stewart as his strikers lately.

Hes got something out the bug immobile lumps, and completely failed to get the more dynamic strikers scoring.

I'd be giving May some leeway until hes got a manager who is capable of using a striker who can run.

wiggy.png.c44380e842b6a9b6fad301be62a4843f.png

Your thoughts regarding the loan of  our player Sir StevIe May-score-oneday are just as odd

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres zero benefit to us taking him on loan. 

in the same sentence you give 2 benefits

At best we'll get a good six months

or if hes shite we'll have saved ourselves a bit of money

strange that your posts that don't involve AFC that  I've seen seem pretty sensible.

I can only conclude you are suffering from some form of AFC induced PTSD due to you appearing verklempt at the  mention of anything ABZ  related

What happened pal?

strange that your posts that don't involve AFC that  I've seen seem pretty sensible.
I can only conclude you are suffering from some form of AFC induced PTSD due to you appearing verklempt at the  mention of anything ABZ  related
What happened pal?

He will tell you you’ve copied the obsessed chat from someone else.

In recent weeks he’s criticised AFC and mcinnes on the hibs, Dundee, dundee united, st Johnstone threads and of course this one.

He believes he gets followed round the forum when in actual fact I end up reading his criticism of AFC when I look for transfer updates on other clubs.

The prospect of bringing back may to st Johnstone seems to have given him a particularly large hard on and hopefully it gets wrapped up quickly so he can calm down.

3 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Your thoughts regarding the loan of  our player Sir StevIe May-score-oneday are just as odd

in the same sentence you give 2 benefits

Us getting a good 6 months out May isnt a benefit.

Realistically, we wont be challenging the top 4/5 this season unless we find a 20 goal striker, May might be that but if he is, we'll lose him in January, and we wont find one of those to replace him with so we'd fall away.

If he doesnt play well, and is only on loan, we'll have saved ourselves a fee, but theres every chance the percentage of his wage Aberdeen want to pay will still be a fairly heft wage for us, and we then dont have any asset at the end of it. 

If he signs permanently and flops, we work on him in the Summer again, like we're doing with Swanson, and give him a full pre-season to try, but at least we still have a chance of getting something at the end of it all, a loan is a one season hope.

If he signs permanently and succeeds, we have a goalscorer for the full season and a valuable asset.

It's clear what the best situation is for us.

We're not in a situation where we desperately need a goalscorer as O'Halloran, Swanson, Kennedy, Wright and Wotherspoon should all be chipping in with enough to keep us safe from relegation worries, they had us challenging for the top half this season with a collecting of CFs who combined to get 8 league goals this season.

I'm not even sure Aberdeens best option is loaning him out, McInnes clearly cant get the best out him, that happens sometimes, to every manager, so just get him gone and move on. Cosgrove and Wilson should beat his goal tally for you, Main could go either way and McGinn is always an option. Free his wage up and use it to strengthen the midfield.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, Kennedy, Swanson and O'Halloran are big hulking attackers who simply bulldoze their way over opponents. 

Only the bottom 3 scored less than you last season.

Maybe the above 3 offered f**k all due to your hoofball tactics?

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Only the bottom 3 scored less than you last season.

Maybe the above 3 offered f**k all due to your hoofball tactics?

Offered f**k all?

Kennedy scored more than any Aberdeen player outwith Cosgrove.

Blame the strikers for our poor goal tally.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If he signs permanently and succeeds, we have a goalscorer for the full season and a valuable asset.

It's clear what the best situation is for us.

Buy him then no ? if you rate him that highly and you think you can re invent him.

ah wait cant afford him, here take him for 6 months at an affordable rate. he might score he might not.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Us getting a good 6 months out May isnt a benefit.

1503818325_confused-britney-spears.gif.4dbab5324a64153cb42cc6ca0bafd9be.gif

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

McInnes clearly cant get the best out him

It's laughable to suggest it's entirely McInnes fault that he hasn't done it for us  and that changing manager will suddenly awaken a mythical goal scoring beast.

Just as laughable as that lazy f**k Stewart that killie / tmstid wax lyrical about being ruined by McInnes.

200_d.gif.3cdd785de09cadbbee422cf166b7eb4f.gif

5 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Buy him then no ? if you rate him that highly and you think you can re invent him.

ah wait cant afford him, here take him for 6 months at an affordable rate. he might score he might not.

1503818325_confused-britney-spears.gif.4dbab5324a64153cb42cc6ca0bafd9be.gif

It's laughable to suggest it's entirely McInnes fault that he hasn't done it for us  and that changing manager will suddenly awaken a mythical goal scoring beast.

Just as laughable as that lazy f**k Stewart that killie / tmstid wax lyrical about being ruined by McInnes.

200_d.gif.3cdd785de09cadbbee422cf166b7eb4f.gif

You seem to be picking out random sections of my point and ignoring the rest, so I'll make it simple.

Having a goalscoring striker for 6 months if of no long term benefit, as we'll be finishing between 5th and 9th regardless, as last season showed. 

Having May on loan for 12 months is of no long term benefit, as we'll finish between 5th and 9th regardless, and will have no asset at the end of it.

A loan deal is pointless to us.

A permanent deal gives us a potential asset, short term and long term. We can afford him, but it will have to be value for money, Aberdeen could ask for an amount we're not willing to pay, at which point we will walk away.

McInnes has been unable to get May to work at two clubs now, fwiw.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I came by to see, you know, what Aberdeen fans were thinking about signings and how the season ahead might go for them. It didn’t take long to think I was still in the St Johnstone thread. :)

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You seem to be picking out random sections of my point and ignoring the rest, so I'll make it simple.

Having a goalscoring striker for 6 months if of no long term benefit, as we'll be finishing between 5th and 9th regardless, as last season showed. 

Having May on loan for 12 months is of no long term benefit, as we'll finish between 5th and 9th regardless, and will have no asset at the end of it.

A loan deal is pointless to us.

A permanent deal gives us a potential asset, short term and long term. We can afford him, but it will have to be value for money, Aberdeen could ask for an amount we're not willing to pay, at which point we will walk away.

McInnes has been unable to get May to work at two clubs now, fwiw.

thanks for keeping it simple...🙄

So  having a striker you can / can't afford

Aberdeen could ask for an amount we're not willing to pay

for 6-12 months  that may well score you goals is of absolutely no benefit to you because you'll finish 5th to 9th regardless ?

cool.

Hypothetically, you get him on loan for 6 months,he does jack shit and you offer to buy at your price. He then suddenly has a second coming and The ***'s sign him as Morelos replacement for an IOU of 2 million Rand.

would you consider the 6 month loan of no benefit ? some benefit?  or it benefited you greatly. 

You seem to think i don't understand that loans are not everyone's cup of tea.

ie. Christie to us from Septic

did i like it ? not really

did it benefit my team? yes , we were a better team with him in it.

i hope you do sign him btw , and i hope he scores a shitload!

I like him

your logic ? not so much.

McInnes has had Rooney, May, Cosgrove, Wilson and Stewart as his strikers lately.
Hes got something out the bug immobile lumps, and completely failed to get the more dynamic strikers scoring.
I'd be giving May some leeway until hes got a manager who is capable of using a striker who can run.

Stewart is nothing like dynamic, although I’d say if we had Wilson at the same time as we had Christie and his through balls then he’d have smashed it.

Also, one thing McInnes doesn’t get enough credit for - taking McGinn away from the middle and turning him into a pacy, goalscoring winner, inside forward.

May will do fine at Saints - far more scope for him to get a run in the team at a club where there’s practically no pressure and the fans are always pretty much happy with their lot.

8 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Changing the goal posts RG. You said of no benefit. It’s now been changed to long term benefit. Try keep your argument the same.

Having a goalscoring striker for half a season doesnt benefit us. As we dont have the squad to compete higher up, or fall lower down, and then said goalscoring forward goes to a team in same division and we'll not be able to replace that in January. 

Having a non-goalscoring striker on loan for a full season doesnt benefit us. 

Having a non-goalscoring striker permanently is of more benefit, as we'll be able to try and work with them during pre-season to try and resolve that. 

Six month loan = No benefit

Season long loan = No benefit

Permanent transfer = Potential benefit

Just now, anotherchance said:

the fans are always pretty much happy with their lot.

You've all accepted McInnes being at your club for half a decade and only winning one League Cup m8.

Or have you all accepted that finishing in the top 4 is good enough?

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've all accepted McInnes being at your club for half a decade and only winning one League Cup m8.

Or have you all accepted that finishing in the top 4 is good enough?

I'm fine with it. We win more than we lose, we get to Hampden all the time and we're bound to win another trophy one of these days. The signings this summer look decent and we're addressing the issues all the supporters had identified, so we're all on the same page. 

IMO us finishing fourth wasn't because we had a particularly poor season (it was average, sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit), it was because Rangers started performing with more consistency and because Killie had an exceptional season. 

29 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I'm fine with it. We win more than we lose, we get to Hampden all the time and we're bound to win another trophy one of these days. The signings this summer look decent and we're addressing the issues all the supporters had identified, so we're all on the same page. 

IMO us finishing fourth wasn't because we had a particularly poor season (it was average, sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit), it was because Rangers started performing with more consistency and because Killie had an exceptional season. 

So Aberdeen fans are also "happy with their lot".

Good to know