The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

As Aberdeen fans we don't have the luxury of being insulated by a budget that allows us to pay high wages and afford high transfer fees. Our football budget is heavily balanced toward paying wages rather than toward paying transfer fees. With that trade off being the case, a player who is of higher monetary value is worth more on the pitch for the last year of his contract, as we cannot afford the transfer fee, plus wages, of a like for like replacement. Even with our football budget being weighed toward wages, we still can't offer the salary levels of the OF*, English Championship and English League One clubs. So expecting Aberdeen to follow a similar transfer policy to Celtic is a false equivalent* I'm afraid. 

*equivalence

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Working within Aberdeen's own means shouldn't stop them from selling players at a decent price and replacing them with the next Shinnie.

Our football budget is heavily balanced toward paying wages rather than toward paying transfer fees. With that trade off being the case we cannot afford the transfer fee, plus wages, of a like for like replacement, for Shinnie, for example.

24 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Our football budget is heavily balanced toward paying wages rather than toward paying transfer fees. With that trade off being the case we cannot afford the transfer fee, plus wages, of a like for like replacement, for Shinnie, for example.

Because of this we've had to develop young Ferguson, now we have a £30 million* player on our hands!

*using the celtic calculator.

I've seen people on here claim that the site owner has a number of trolling aliases to generate traffic. I'm starting to supect Willie. No real person could be so relentless in making really shit points on another team's thread. 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I've seen people on here claim that the site owner has a number of trolling aliases to generate traffic. I'm starting to supect Willie. No real person could be so relentless in making really shit points on another team's thread. 

Well it's certainly working.. Who cares what Jetset Willy says? I'm more interested in finding out who our new 'International striker' is

25 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That may explain Vancouver ‘my mates a director’ Don.

1 hour ago, Iminavest said:

Because of this we've had to develop young Ferguson, now we have a £30 million* player on our hands!

*using the celtic calculator.

Please don't mention Ferguson too!  Willy believes that Greg Docherty was signed by Rangers* to leave a space in the Hamilton team for Ferguson to progress.  This then inevitably led to Ferguson signing for Aberdeen to fill the space that Jack left previously.  Apparently this was all cooked up between McInnes, Derek Ferguson & Barry Ferguson.  

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

Please don't mention Ferguson too!  Willy believes that Greg Docherty was signed by Rangers* to leave a space in the Hamilton team for Ferguson to progress.  This then inevitably led to Ferguson signing for Aberdeen to fill the space that Jack left previously.  Apparently this was all cooked up between McInnes, Derek Ferguson & Barry Ferguson.  

Was this an argument for colt teams? 

Just now, coprolite said:

Oh. Jesus wept. 

Maybe I'm overstating it, but it was certainly down to the Rangers* connection & them all being best of pals off the pitch.  Which isn't surprising given three of them are related & two of them played together.

Yeah that generation that Hibs brought through must have done wonders for the club's finances but I don't think there are any players at Aberdeen that would have gotten close to some of those fees.
You can argue that is maybe down to a certain failure in Aberdeens youth scouting and training but there haven't been players demanding those kind of fees that Aberdeen have mismanaged as Aberdeen definitely would have sold them if there were.
It basically paid off the stadium and built the training ground. It not being reinvested on the playing side was a bit of a disaster tbh.

I think I've actually missed at least a couple too. De La Cruz went for about 2.5m and David Murphy about 2m.

Hibs too. Less than a decade after selling those players they had to spend multiple years in the second tier.
That's fair. I think being comfortable selling players you need to also be comfortable that your recruitment is good too.

I think Aberdeen have been miles better at this recently than most, so if I was an Aberdeen supporter I'd be less fussed about selling players because I'd have reasonable confidence they would be replaced adequately. That was not the case at Hibs at all.

24 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

That's fair. I think being comfortable selling players you need to also be comfortable that your recruitment is good too.

I think Aberdeen have been miles better at this recently than most, so if I was an Aberdeen supporter I'd be less fussed about selling players because I'd have reasonable confidence they would be replaced adequately. That was not the case at Hibs at all.

whats this, a sensible poster from another club? boooo! get out! We want Chilly Willy!

Looks like it was Devlin with a pulled hamstring on Saturday.

McInnes says he's expected to be out for all of August. As long as it's no worse than that then it could be worse as far as serious injuries go as claimed.

Does still leave us light if McKenna were to be sold though.

13 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Looks like it was Devlin with a pulled hamstring on Saturday.

McInnes says he's expected to be out for all of August. As long as it's no worse than that then it could be worse as far as serious injuries go as claimed.

Does still leave us light if McKenna were to be sold though.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/07/14/the-manager-update-on-redtv/

Not good news on Mikey. It does read like they're expecting Cosgrove to go but I'm a cynical c**t.

Edit: I don't think Devlin has once come back within the expected recovery time either.

Edited by Merkland Red

12 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

:lol:

This is fucking brilliant. Did he really say that?!