The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Red TV interviews with Leven, Barron and Clarkson all quite revealing in getting under the bonnet of just why things have gone so badly this season.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Red TV interviews with Leven, Barron and Clarkson all quite revealing in getting under the bonnet of just why things have gone so badly this season.

Yep, pretty much covered on the match thread. Very telling that they all spoke about it, though.

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Out of interest, what did they say?

Talking about using the midfield more, having technical players, not having a long ball striker. Having a better chance to win by playing football (as opposed to hoofball, I assume) 

11 minutes ago, Flammable sheep said:

Probably absolute shite but Uwe Rösler is the latest name in running for manager on Twitter

Currently manager at Aarhus - 5th in Danish league.  Given those carrying out the review are German, there was always going to one option from that part of the world.

Ingolfsson also has Thelin and Neil as the others on the shortlist.  Is he not normally quite high in the rumour to fact ratio?

If that is true, I am encouraged by those three candidates.

On 15/03/2024 at 19:15, pozbaird said:

Let’s be honest, no-one, not one single support of any football club in Scotland, comes close to the arrogance of the uglies. None. They lose a couple of games and the bedsheets get painted in protest. Of course, it’s not just the arrogance, it’s accompanied by unhealthy doses of paranoia and outright sectarianism. A heady mix.

Anyway, Aberdeen, aye, nice enough city… but I like Dundee better. Apologies Dandies. 😄

Aye but at least their arrogance is in some way justified 🤣

54 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Currently manager at Aarhus - 5th in Danish league.  Given those carrying out the review are German, there was always going to one option from that part of the world.

Ingolfsson also has Thelin and Neil as the others on the shortlist.  Is he not normally quite high in the rumour to fact ratio?

That account just lifts things off forums, other Twitter users, and occasionally from Scott Burns.

Burns himself says only one of those three names is an active consideration, to his knowledge, and I would take a guess at that being Thelin.

As much as I would like it to be Alex Neil, I can’t see him being desperate or stupid enough to take this job on at the moment. 

38 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That account just lifts things off forums, other Twitter users, and occasionally from Scott Burns.

Burns himself says only one of those three names is an active consideration, to his knowledge, and I would take a guess at that being Thelin.

As much as I would like it to be Alex Neil, I can’t see him being desperate or stupid enough to take this job on at the moment. 

@RandomGuy. - a fuller and better assessment than mine over on the next manager thread.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

She is usually wide of the mark & usually takes snippets from social media/journalists & passes them off as exclusives. 

Great feature on Stephen McCormick on A View from the Terrace. Say what you like about the current regime but they are very good at that kind of thing and it will go a huge way to growing our support, even if results have been disappointing.

Alan Burrows has been remarkably silent on social media, hasn't posted since last year. It does make me wonder if he's departing the club. I understand the results have been terrible, but the absence of updates from the club has been dreadful. It was one of Cormack's objectives to ensure fans were kept informed, but since the management changes, it's been anything but that.

5 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Alan Burrows has been remarkably silent on social media, hasn't posted since last year. It does make me wonder if he's departing the club. I understand the results have been terrible, but the absence of updates from the club has been dreadful. It was one of Cormack's objectives to ensure fans were kept informed, but since the management changes, it's been anything but that.

Ha ha ha ha