The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m genuinely in a bit of a state of disbelief at this. 

I’m looking from every angle and none of this makes sense as a decision, as a statement. It’s not fair on Goodwin, it prolongs the inevitable. It probably fucks any ambitions in this transfer window. 

It’s an absolutely disgraceful decision and statement and I just can’t believe it. 

The only thing I would disagree with you is what you say about the transfer window. It’s almost certain that any new manager would not have been in place before next Tuesday, so any signings would/will be made by the “football department” regardless.

Very surprised. That lack of a performance on Monday should have had any manager of a professional team binned straight after the game.

Be some laugh if the Dons nick a dirty wee 1-0 win on Saturday then get pumped by St Murn the following week with the window shut...

That is bizarre. Thought it was going to be difficult to bring a new boss in before the end of the window so making signings was going to be very difficult but now they've somehow managed to keep the manager while making it clear they have little to no confidence in him.

So they're still left with the problem of it being really difficult to bring someone in for a manager who in all likelihood will not be there beyond a week.