Sportsound Watch

Just now, itzdrk said:

Surely more people listen for OAM than for a live commentary.  

I'm painting today - good day for OAM. Instead it's just Celtic?! Who incidentally are apparently playing St Mirren according to the Resident Celtic Season Ticket Holder

That said, listening to the howls of frustration as St Mirren of Saint John's Toun stymie Celtic is highly amusing 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

At least that means Pat Bonner doesnt have to pretend he knows other clubs players..............his attempts at the St J players names will be a thing to behold

Apparently St Mirren if Mr Donner is to be believed 

To think that there was a time when every Premier match was broadcast live.

it’s quite something, given the advances in technology and media coverage, that Sportsound is so significantly worse than it was 15 years ago.

Lots of clowns on Sportsound, but Bonnar is the worst, man. Doesn’t know any of the oppositions names - “the eh, the… St Johnstone striker there”. McLeod intervenes, almost embarrassed, to help him out. Truly cringeworthy stuff. Would be amateurish if he was doing it voluntarily, but he’s getting paid for this ffs. 

Goals flying in in a highly entertaining "big big game" at Kilmarnock but no-one there to report on them as "Kheredine has gone to do the TV". Amateurish does not even begin to describe it. Laughable stuff.

The ever-brutal Amy Canavan talking about Queen's Park's Tom Dhomas provided a modicum of entertainment I suppose.

Listening on the way to our game, it was incredible how much they resented having talk about St Johnstone at all in the build up.  All about how Celtic have changed since last season, they players they've lost, the pressure and holding their nerve as the league campaign comes to a climax... about a minute and a half on St Johnstone, by one pundit, when they all had their full say on Celtic.   And that's when St Johnstone are managed by one of their own mates (well, not Michael Stewart's mate), and they just could not be less interested in one of the two teams playing the match.  Could not be any less interested at all. 

Anyone give me more information on McIntyre saying about Aberdeen wanting VAR to be halted to it was sorted? I was driving down to the banks o Dee game which was a 2pm kick off. Was maybe mentioned previewing the show on off the ball 

5 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

it was incredible how much they resented having talk about St Johnstone at all in the build up.  

As a St Johnstone fan,  I think most Saints fans are very similar to this just now. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Loving how referees seem to be quite keen to step in front of the microphone to talk to the media about pitch safety and waterlogged pitches. You can't shut Don Robertson up.

No words for poor refereeing decisions or any other perceived controversy.

Was hoping for MacIntyre to be on to hear him internally combust on air.

On 16/03/2024 at 17:33, Leith Green said:

How is it possible for us all to leave the match, get 45 mins later and still not had all the fucking manager interviews?

I thought the same - the Killie Vs St Mirren manager interviews were after 6pm FFS.

51 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

There's a lot to criticise about Sportsound. But who gives a f**k about hearing the manager interviews promptly?

Are you expecting them to say something of interest?

I would certainly rather hear them than some walloper fan, or Kenny Macs song selections of the evening.

What I want is an immediate roundup by the reporters, interviews, then that's it.