Sportsound Watch

51 minutes ago, The Master said:

Such a great voice that you mixed him up with Ian Darke, who commentated on the Arsenal game last night.

Wow, I got my English Ians with the same annoying trait mixed up.  Now off you pop and try and work out the voice situation that goes with that. 

15 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Wow, I got my English Ians with the same annoying trait mixed up.  Now off you pop and try and work out the voice situation that goes with that. 

You took that telt well.

Tuned in a few minutes ago expecting to have the familiar if past its prime content of Off the Ball - instead it appears that they're having the world's longest 'Yer das after seventeen halves in a Partick pub' debate including Chick Young and Archie McPherson. Constantly talking havering pish over each other's havering pish about how Archie Gemmill's goal was much better than Zidane's in the CL final or Ronaldo's in midweek 'because he's Scottish'.  With dead Rangers beating Aberdeen to win the league nearly thirty years ago mysteriously sailed into the 'discussion' as well as if it's relevant to anyone who isn't a bitter, geriatric Sevconian like Chick and Archie. 

Intolerable drivel; switched off after five minutes. 

Had to go out in the car for a bit and caught literally a minute of that, switched it off in despair rather than seethe as per normal. The only thing that changes on it is that they focus more and more on completely meaningless Shite.

Chick Young and Pat Nevin hosting. Can't really think of a worse duo to pick. 

Thanks, that fucks my Tuesday afternoon podcast while at work. I knew it was not Tam & Stuart, but by f**k they like to scrap the barrel. At least it wasn't that MacLeod bint.

36 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Only got to listen to Off the Ball for the last 15 minutes or so. Chick Young and Archie MacPherson. The worst fucking combination imaginable.

The positive was that Jane Lewis wasn't on.

She's somehow got herself a gig at the Commonwealth Games.

She put Clyde on in the car last night at 7pm adamant that the GBX was on.
It was the phone in with Derek Johnstone and Hugh Keevins. Imagine a Friday night with those two dinosaurs.

Popped out to post a letter in the car last night and tuned into Sportsound. "We are joined  in the studio by Chick Young and Billy Dodds" and at that moment turned over to Radio 4.

I used to enjoy it but just cant bear even a few minutes of SS these days - I would rather have silence than listen to them.  Between Sportsound and Sportscene there re some classic fails in recent years with my particular fav being James McPake on Sportscene. I'm sure I saw a bottle of Buckfast sticking out his inside pocket? 

19 hours ago, Rugster said:

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Pat Nevin is the best guy on the show today.

Pat.

Nevin.

Just let that sink in.

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Only got to listen to Off the Ball for the last 15 minutes or so. Chick Young and Archie MacPherson. The worst fucking combination imaginable.

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The positive was that Jane Lewis wasn't on.

She's somehow got herself a gig at the Commonwealth Games.

12 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

This - she is absolutely awful. 

Eleventy million percent all of this. I rarely post and this is my first ever multi-quote but Jesus fucking wept at the state of Off The Ball this week. As horrendous as Chick "I'm Retired" Young - who I think actually moaned without a shred of irony that the BBC don't send him anywhere worthwhile these days?! - Pat Nevin and Archie MacDignitas are, I genuinely think the utter wage thief Jane Lewis might have been worse. That is very probably the most offensive thing anyone could say about anyone, Lewis is beyond dreadful though. Peak trolling from Radio Scotland, part of me is actually impressed that they had the brass neck to go with that line-up, however the  larger part of me just thinks "f**k OFF"

Shout out to big Davie Currie. This man deserves enormous credit for holding down a job with a publicly funded broadcaster for as long as he has. Especially as he seems unable to complete a sentence without stuttering or giggling.