Sportsound Watch

Not really relevant to Sportsound, but did anyone see the tweet Roger Mitchell had up and has since deleted. Keith Jackson is going his dinger about it but I never seen what it said.

It was a hugely inappropriate post about Adam Johnson.

Not really relevant to Sportsound, but did anyone see the tweet Roger Mitchell had up and has since deleted. Keith Jackson is going his dinger about it but I never seen what it said.

The 'escalated quickly ' gif would fit right in to that conversation.

I see one of our own has got in with a head's gone.

It was a hugely inappropriate post about Adam Johnson.

What did he actually say? I saw him having a monumental meltdown on Twitter about it, but had no idea what it was over.

I actually think it's quite overblown. If he's such a terrible referee how did he ever make it to the top in Scotland, never mind to the UEFA elite list? He's had a number of top gigs in CL/EL/internationals. He's off to Euro 2016, yet simultaneously he's not good enough for the Scottish Premiership?

I actually think it's quite overblown. If he's such a terrible referee how did he ever make it to the top in Scotland, never mind to the UEFA elite list? He's had a number of top gigs in CL/EL/internationals. He's off to Euro 2016, yet simultaneously he's not good enough for the Scottish Premiership?

Honestly Hibee you're gid, and you make a lot of good posts and points but Collum is indefensible!

The boy is a fucking mess of an official, he must have a hoor of a lot of negatives hidden somewhere.

I'm not actually defending Collum, per se... I'm attacking the notion that he can be as bad as people like Michael Stewart are building a vandetta out of claiming, even now saying he's Scottish tier 2 material, when he's spent years in the European referees bracket and been selected for Euro 2016.

It is simply preposterous to suggest that someone is Scottish Championship material yet keeps getting selected for major FIFA and UEFA fixtures. Even the previous "worst referee in the Premiership" stuff was clearly plain daft.

In the course of 2015 he officiated 2 CL knockout ties, 3 CL groupstage games, the Supercup, several internationals and was 1 of 18 officials selected for Euro 2016.

I also think it is being taken rather too far. Criticising decisions is fair but it's going beyond that into a personal campaign against Collum, who is unable to respond to what seem to be increasingly personal attacks. It's going too far, IMO, which I find distasteful.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Stewart is looking to make himself out the 'big guy' with 'honest opinions' as he always does. He managed to mention 'incompetence' and 'Sportscene' without any hint of irony; which says it all.

How anyone can talk about that incident without mentioning the player cheating and his manager lying to protect him is beyond me. The problem is that these 'honest opinions' would have consequences whilst any 2 year old can slag off refs.

I'm not actually defending Collum, per se... I'm attacking the notion that he can be as bad as people like Michael Stewart are building a vandetta out of claiming, even now saying he's Scottish tier 2 material, when he's spent years in the European referees bracket and been selected for Euro 2016.

It is simply preposterous to suggest that someone is Scottish Championship material yet keeps getting selected for major FIFA and UEFA fixtures. Even the previous "worst referee in the Premiership" stuff was clearly plain daft.

In the course of 2015 he officiated 2 CL knockout ties, 3 CL groupstage games, the Supercup, several internationals and was 1 of 18 officials selected for Euro 2016.

I also think it is being taken rather too far. Criticising decisions is fair but it's going beyond that into a personal campaign against Collum, who is unable to respond to what seem to be increasingly personal attacks. It's going too far, IMO, which I find distasteful.

I find his refereeing performances distasteful.

Collum getting shredded was like honey to the soul. Every fan knows he's a complete fucking balloon man.

In a country filled with hopeless referees, he manages to be the worst by a huge distance. Remarkable.

Edited by JamboMikey