The Arbroath Thread

I genuinely can’t remember the last time I hated a manager. Like we could win League 1 unbeaten next season and I’d still want him gone. Absolutely pathetic.

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Coaching?  Tactics?    

Centre halves don’t need coached to punt the ball away instead of side foot volleying it trying to find a pass in their own box surely

Ball over the top and right through the middle for the second 

Steele was ahead of their player for the third and somehow their player got to it first 

That is just a lack of desire and not being good enough - nothing to do with tactics or coaching - not saying they are any use right now either but not sure how they’re to blame for that defending

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Centre halves don’t need coached to punt the ball away instead of side foot volleying it trying to find a pass in their own box surely

Ball over the top and right through the middle for the second 

Steele was ahead of their player for the third and somehow their player got to it first 

That is just a lack of desire and not being good enough - nothing to do with tactics or coaching - not saying they are any use right now either but not sure how they’re to blame for that defending

Our centre halves never had a problem punting the ball before, so is McIntyre coaching the team to pass the ball about?  So yes, coaching is part of it, as are tactics.   Defensive organisation too.  He has to go.  We cannot go into a new season with him as our manager.

Still no doubt the club will announce a shiny shiny contract renewal or a shiny shiny new signing soon.  

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Our centre halves never had a problem punting the ball before, so is McIntyre coaching the team to pass the ball about?  So yes, coaching is part of it, as are tactics.   Defensive organisation too.  He has to go.  We cannot go into a new season with him as our manager.

Still no doubt the club will announce a shiny shiny contract renewal or a shiny shiny new signing soon.  

I really don’t think anyone is telling Teale to not clear a ball in that situation - he shouldn’t need told

Players aren't blameless here. If your defence cannot deal with a simple clearance or a simple ball over the top then it doesn’t really matter who’s standing on the sidelines

I for one will be taking absolutely nothing out of a dead rubber end of season game with a team full of players who won't be here next year in the starting 11.

I also find it utterly bizarre people are complaining about McIntyre/ tactics when it comes to the 3 goals conceded in the first half..... All 3 of them individual errors by players who won't be playing for the club next season. How on earth can you have seen those goals and blame McIntyre over Steele/ teale/ Ricky I do not know :blink:

Edited by SimonLichtie

2 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I for one will be taking absolutely nothing out of a dead rubber end of season game with a team full of players who won't be here next year in the starting 11.

I also find it utterly bizarre people are complaining about McIntyre/ tactics when it comes to the 3 goals conceded in the first half..... All 3 of them individual errors by players who won't be playing for the club next season. How on earth can you have seen those goals and blame McIntyre over Steele/ teale/ Ricky I do not know :blink:

Steele will be here. I’m not sure if he was subbed because of the mistake but I’m kind of thinking he must have been struggling with an injury or something. 

Really don’t know what McIntyre obsession is with MacKinnon either. Would be worried if we signed him for next season, not upto it yet, big gangly young lad a mile off the pace. Man down in the middle of the park

3 at the back is criminal for us just play back 4 even if meant Stewart goes there. 

aye McKinnon is poor offers nothing to the team. Teale terrible too he’ll be playing fleetwood first team next season since he’s been slated here 😂

8 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Simon, I know you’re the voice of reason and level headedness on here but even you must be well and truly scunnered by this.

These performances haven’t been like this since the games have become “dead rubbers”, it’s been like this for months. There is not one single iota of improvement - even when we still had a chance to stay up, we were getting humiliated week in week out.

I’d be interested to see if you could go back into your extensive database and find such an abject season/part of a season because I can’t remember anything this bad in 45+ years.

If we didn’t have that purple patch in September we would be sitting on 11 fucking points. That’s almost Brechin level of embarrassment.

Edited by Tattie36

I’m not buying the “McIntyre can’t do much about the errors” stuff. 

The change of shape contributed to the indecision we saw on the pitch from individuals, a shape he himself says we won’t be playing next season. 

Constantly playing all of our shit loan signings also requires some explanation too. 

Edited by lichtiemike

3 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

I’m not buying the “McIntyre can’t do much about the errors” stuff. 

The change of shape contributed to the indecision we saw on the pitch from individuals, a shape he himself says we won’t be playing next season. 

Constantly playing all of our shit loan signings also requires some explanation too. 

I thought the back 4 was 

Steele RB

Little CH

Teale CH

Delaney LB

I mean I was hardly watching but I didn’t see 3 at the back. 

All I’m saying is you cannot put all the blame on to McIntyre, it’s simple stuff that the players on the park should be able to deal with 

12 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Simon, I know you’re the voice of reason and level headedness on here but even you must be well and truly scunnered by this.

These performances haven’t been like this since the games have become “dead rubbers”, it’s been like this for months. There is not one single iota of improvement - even when we still had a chance to stay up, we were getting humiliated week in week out.

I’d be interested to see if you could go back into your extensive database and find such an abject season/part of a season because I can’t remember anything this bad in 45+ years.

If we didn’t have that purple patch in September we would be sitting on 11 fucking points. That’s almost Brechin level of embarrassment.

Why did we bother turning up if it's a dead rubber and season is over?

Today was another showing why he can't be trusted going forward, the tactics are a mess, where was Ryan Dow playing?

If players are not going to be playing next season why are we playing them, why not play the likes of Lyon who could do a job next season,

It won't happen but he needs to go,

He is draining the last bit of feel good out club

25 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Are you serious? Has every game since the end of september been a dead rubber just cause we’ve got spanked? Surely we want to go out and win these “dead rubber” games to get a bit of confidence in us for the next season. 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I thought the back 4 was 

Steele RB

Little CH

Teale CH

Delaney LB

I mean I was hardly watching but I didn’t see 3 at the back. 

All I’m saying is you cannot put all the blame on to McIntyre, it’s simple stuff that the players on the park should be able to deal with 

Was absolutely not three at the back, it was absolutely gutless, whether this was a meaning less end of season game or not, it was an embarrassment of a performance, board need to read the room, they also have to think about season ticket sales, canna see a rush if McIntyre is still in charge 

1 minute ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Don't be too hard on yourselves - we had to win you didn't  - simples!

We’ve had weeks of “must win” games where, aside from 25 minutes v Raith, we’ve barely even had a shot on target.